Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By Windex
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd

Thread: how can i safely eat a can of tuna with mayo E/D? Mercury and Mayo

  1. #1
    Too-$mall's Avatar
    Too-$mall is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    1

    how can i safely eat a can of tuna with mayo E/D? Mercury and Mayo

    it ok to eat a can of tuna everyday? I read a few things about ridding the body of mercury. i'm trying to go the natural route, but supplements aren't out of the question. [know anything about Glutathione?]

    anyone ever actively detox, or have detoxed heavy metals?

    I just read garlic and Cilantro help. some kind of cilantro shake sounds good. i may snatch the cilantro i have in my freezer and put it to some good use and this daily grocery shopping stuff makes this idea seem less crazy.

    I already use Omegas so that's good.

  2. #2
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,239
    If you are concerned about heavy metals then spirulina and chlorella are the way to go in my opinion (more so chlorella).

    Unsure about the fish/mercury component - allergic to fish so never educated myself about it.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  3. #3
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    well you could supplement with Selenium .. as Selenium binds to methyl mercury, rendering it non-bioavailable. Meaning it helps prevent you from absorbing the mercury.

    but guess what has a ton Selenium in it to begin with naturally ? yep, Tuna !

    so the very thing that your eating that has the 'poison' in it also has the 'antidote' . so just eat Tuna and you'll be fine. don't listen to the vegan hate mongering hype about tuna being poisonous
    Obs likes this.

  4. #4
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,052
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    well you could supplement with Selenium .. as Selenium binds to methyl mercury, rendering it non-bioavailable. Meaning it helps prevent you from absorbing the mercury.

    but guess what has a ton Selenium in it to begin with naturally ? yep, Tuna !

    so the very thing that your eating that has the 'poison' in it also has the 'antidote' . so just eat Tuna and you'll be fine. don't listen to the vegan hate mongering hype about tuna being poisonous
    There is this thing used in making chemical weapons, most poisons, pesticides, herbicides. If you breathe in the slightest bit you could die instantly. It can cut right through metal and rock.

    Its called water.
    Too-$mall likes this.

  5. #5
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,052
    Good place to ask...
    Hey GH, have you ever heard of anyone ever getting heavy metal poisoning the attributed to AAS use?

  6. #6
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    well you could supplement with Selenium .. as Selenium binds to methyl mercury, rendering it non-bioavailable. Meaning it helps prevent you from absorbing the mercury.

    but guess what has a ton Selenium in it to begin with naturally ? yep, Tuna !

    so the very thing that your eating that has the 'poison' in it also has the 'antidote' . so just eat Tuna and you'll be fine. don't listen to the vegan hate mongering hype about tuna being poisonous
    Chlorella has the highest concentration bioavailable of selenium
    GearHeaded and Too-$mall like this.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  7. #7
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Good place to ask...
    Hey GH, have you ever heard of anyone ever getting heavy metal poisoning the attributed to AAS use?
    no . but there was a rumor a long while back that Jason Huh did. he got pretty sick and it was diagnosed as heavy metal poisoning. but when his wife ended up with the same diagnosis those rumors dropped off (assuming her and Jason were not injecting the same steroids ).
    he went on record saying it was his and hers diet they were on.

    still worried about a lot of this stuff from china we are all taking. taking supplements to cut down on metal toxicity may not be a bad preventative idea
    Obs and Too-$mall like this.

  8. #8
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    If tuna caused merc. Poisoning, I'd be dead I eat 3 cans a day
    Obs likes this.

  9. #9
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,052
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    no . but there was a rumor a long while back that Jason Huh did. he got pretty sick and it was diagnosed as heavy metal poisoning. but when his wife ended up with the same diagnosis those rumors dropped off (assuming her and Jason were not injecting the same steroids ).
    he went on record saying it was his and hers diet they were on.

    still worried about a lot of this stuff from china we are all taking. taking supplements to cut down on metal toxicity may not be a bad preventative idea
    I personally thought it was all bullshit.
    I feel as though most of the scares are just hype.
    If I got heavy metal poisoning I would blame it on disassembling carburetor s and holding the pieces in my mouth, being covered in engine oil and god know what from engines.

    If couch got it I would blame him shooting computers in his basement lol!

  10. #10
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I personally thought it was all bullshit.
    I feel as though most of the scares are just hype.
    If I got heavy metal poisoning I would blame it on disassembling carburetor s and holding the pieces in my mouth, being covered in engine oil and god know what from engines.

    If couch got it I would blame him shooting computers in his basement lol!
    Lol, after 25-30 rounds it does get pretty hard to breathe
    Obs likes this.

  11. #11
    Arcānn's Avatar
    Arcānn is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    315
    And people said I was overthinking the whole diet thing!! If tuna was such a concern, it wouldn't be sold at literally every grocery store and most convenience stores. You can't go wrong with tuna. Eat it dude. You're not gonna die. If you were, I've got like 5-6 friends who'd be dead already since tuna is one of the only meats some of my friends eat. But they're like the healthiest individuals I've ever met (not necessarily anywhere near the biggest though)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •