Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Post Stalled Diet Help. stalled at 1500 cal. Need Guidance

So I used the 7 point caliper test to get my body fat. Apparently this is me at 10.6% body fat. The time period I've pretty much given myself to cut fat is over, but i was hoping to learn some more about why I stalled with fat loss. i'll say that i don't think i'm 10.62%. I was heavier in my profile pic, but not by much i dont think.
    my caliper test was used here: https://www.free-online-calculator-u...fold-test.html

Attachment 175428

Here are my stats from this website
    https://damnripped.com/tdee-calculator/

BMR=1932
    TDEE=2319
    35 years old
    178lb
    10.62% BF

i heard that stalling at around 10% is common, and i heard there were about (3) basic solutions.

1. bump back up to maintenance calories for about (2) weeks, then start a deficit again. what should my macro distribution be if i'm lifting and running 2-3 miles at least (4) days a week?

2. If step-1 doesn't work, increase the deficit. really straight forward. i stalled at 1500 calories, so the thinking is i'd subtract from that. again i'd need an optimized macro distribution, so anyone with recommendations is totally welcome.

3. this step is really meant for between 8 - 5% body fat, but it's more complicated than i need to know right now and the jist of what i understood was that i needed more nutrient packed foods and have to switch things up.

I've decided to bump calories back up : / for (2) weeks and then i'll decide if i want to deficit again.

any and all pointers would be great.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    need total macros

Blog Entries
    ok, here you go. this was the 1500 cals a day plan.

139gP
    161gC
    73gF

This is the new plan. i said fuck it last night and consumed ~4,233 calories for my total... lol. whoops. tried to keep my macros consistent too. that was my first REAL cheat in almost (3) months. been shitting all morning. might take some fiber and weigh myself after that runs it's course.

my new daily cal intake is 2310. which is nice and comfy. i need to look into diferent protein sources. i got a prettty good set of likes right now, but i want something interesting to add.

202gP
    202gC
    77gF
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 01-05-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    ok, here you go. this was the 1500 cals a day plan.

139gP
    161gC
    73gF
    ok, just so you know that = 1857 cals , NOT 1500 (protein and carbs = 4cal per gram. fat = 9cal per gram)

but ok once you got there and stalled, I would of done this--

220p
    100c
    60f

1,820 total cals (just a bit less cals then what you were doing)

even though your cals would of been roughly the same, by switching the macros up like this at that point you stalled it would of increased your metabolic rate and burnt more total cals in your day (due to the thermic effect of the protein).
    roughly 30% of protein is 'burnt up' in the assimilation process (carbs and fat only 5%).
    for example if you ate only protein at 2000 cals per day . 600 cals of that would be burned up just from that fact that you ate (thats like 3 hours of cardio, but from doing nothing but eating protein).

you'd of put yourself in about a 140 cal further deficit , yet been eating more total food volume. and the higher protein would of kept things churning along at a better rate.

then I'd of cycled your carbs.. so on some days you'd drop your carbs down to zero and done a protein 'over feeding'. and then on other days you consume your normal 100g of carbs. cals would be the same on these days (ie, no carb, protein over feed days), but your thermic effect would be drastically increased these days.

anyhow, just a couple little things to think about once you hit a diet plateu again in the future.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 01-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    crap, i screwed that up because i worked out on that report day,

the break down was truly

112P
    150C
    50F

I was really worried i had been lost in the sauce for a second. shoot. FUDGE!!!

I bumped up to 2310, but i want to try to loose just a tad more FAT a tad.

maybe for just 1, or 2 more weeks before i attempt a surplus. not quite satisfied yet.

Can i revert immediately? I've been on 2310 for (2) days...

i see by your method what percentages you are using. let me confirm that with you. thanks for taking the time.

the over all drop you had was 37 calories. percentage wise that comes down to the following percentages

48% P = 176g
    22% C = 80g
    30% F = 49g

which translates to 1,463 calories??

Am i good to go ahead and do this?
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 01-06-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    lol, awesome. this info below is new seems like a great. trying to figure out how to act on it. just have a few definition questions. this INFO IS on point by the way. translates into action almost seamlessly for me.

"Then I'd of cycled your carbs.. so on some days you'd drop your carbs down to zero and done a protein 'over feeding'. and then on other days you consume your normal 100g of carbs. cals would be the same on these days (ie, no carb, protein over feed days), but your thermic effect would be drastically increased these days.

anyhow, just a couple little things to think about once you hit a diet plateau again in the future."

what is "a protein over feeding" and how is it calculated? Also, how often is it performed and what are the factors that should trigger it's implementation? [besides stalling] let me get this jist right before i attempt to translate what you said into something i can make a decision on.

need to confirm some stuff here. these are questions i may be already answering myself.
    1. never go outside the bounds of my maximum calories per day. [even with exercise, or do i increase cal intake on exercise days?]
    2. essentially on the "overfeed day" i'm just changing up the MACROs, but not the total calories?
    3. or is overfeed an increase to the total daily calorie blend, which would in turn give me more questions. the main one being how much over my total calorie set up am i going over?
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 01-06-2019 at 01:11 PM.

ok so I use 'protein overfeeding' for clients that I have in a calorie deficit, a fixed calorie diet (a lot of clients are on fluctuating cals), and are on a carb cycling or fat cycling program.

heres how it works.
    on days that your carbs or fats are cycled down you take those cals and 'over feed' on protein.

simple example

normal day
    protein 200
    carbs 100
    fats 50
    = 1650 cals

a protein over feeding carb cycle day
    Protein 300
    carbs 0
    fats 50
    = 1650

cals are the same both days. but being the protein has went up by 100 , the thermic effect of the protein puts you in a further deficit on this day (but still eating the same amount of food).

you'll more then "meat" (pun intended) all your protein and amino acid demands for muscle tissue preservation. . but, worried about being no carb while not in ketosis ? no worries, your body will convert some protein to glucose via gluconeogenisis if the glucose needs and energy demands are there (and this is metabolicly taxing as well and has a cal deficit effect too).

so on this day you'll still eat what appears to be the same amount of food and consume the same amount of cals, but you'll be in a further calorie deficit and burn through more of those cals (30% more cals burnt from what went over to protein from carbs, plus the metabolic stress added for converting any protein over to glucose).

through your diet itself your putting more energy demands on your body and putting yourself in a further net deficit (just like cardio would do)

I'll touch on these things a bit further when I get a chance.

note : your 'over feeding' on protein on these days. and if need be your body is converting this extra protein into energy to be burned up as glucose as well.
    this puts you in a further deficit then simply consuming carbs as an energy source
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 01-06-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cool man. thanks.

All systems are go. [I've decided it give it another go. I want more.]

All I need to do now is well... eat.

This looks fairly simple. 183 grams of protein is very doable. I'll try to keep my proteins packed with nutrients.

I've set the stage.

how often should i cycle off carbs and cycle up protein?

and last questions i swear. : ) do i increase calories on the days i work out because my thinking was that i wasn't going to loose any fat if i didn't increase calories for workouts because that would put me in too large a deficit. But according to your practiced and tested logic, i shouldn't be doing that right? larger deficits on some days are good?

Blog Entries
    really enjoyed your advice GearHeaded and i switched up my MACROS, but something happened... my Peptides came IN!

I'm pretty satisfied with the current weight. maybe not current amount of fat, but if i can keep it near it's current number life will be good.

So I'm going back to TDEE 2310 calories and i'm thinking about adding 500 additional.

i'm thinking a MACRO distribution of 40%P, 40%C, and 30%Fat, but not sure. what do you think? the goal is to gain lean. I'm really enjoying this game of manipulating my intake, while still being able to eat whatever i want.

Remember this thread you helped me on. saved it.

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ycle-plan.html

The thread has some cycle information in it. what do you think? caution anything? I have a blood donation the 20th.

I want to run this Cycle

Nan Deca 500mg / week
    Test E / 800mg / week
    Dbol / taper method

Adex, Prami, and HCG

BPC 157
    GHRP 2
    CJC 1295 With DAC

I need to do some reading on how to take the peptides. i know my blood sugar has to be low. is that in a fasted state? what times would you recommend i inject these? And what's better SubQ or IM? i've got a bunch of resources and i'm not to bad at research.

Dbol taper method
    Week 1-4 - 50mg per day
    week 5-7 - 30mg per day
    week 8-10 - 20mg per day

NAC
    GDA (glucose disposal agent)

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    ok so I use 'protein overfeeding' for clients that I have in a calorie deficit, a fixed calorie diet (a lot of clients are on fluctuating cals), and are on a carb cycling or fat cycling program.

heres how it works.
    on days that your carbs or fats are cycled down you take those cals and 'over feed' on protein.

simple example

normal day
    protein 200
    carbs 100
    fats 50
    = 1650 cals

a protein over feeding carb cycle day
    Protein 300
    carbs 0
    fats 50
    = 1650

cals are the same both days. but being the protein has went up by 100 , the thermic effect of the protein puts you in a further deficit on this day (but still eating the same amount of food).

you'll more then "meat" (pun intended) all your protein and amino acid demands for muscle tissue preservation. . but, worried about being no carb while not in ketosis ? no worries, your body will convert some protein to glucose via gluconeogenisis if the glucose needs and energy demands are there (and this is metabolicly taxing as well and has a cal deficit effect too).

so on this day you'll still eat what appears to be the same amount of food and consume the same amount of cals, but you'll be in a further calorie deficit and burn through more of those cals (30% more cals burnt from what went over to protein from carbs, plus the metabolic stress added for converting any protein over to glucose).

through your diet itself your putting more energy demands on your body and putting yourself in a further net deficit (just like cardio would do)

I'll touch on these things a bit further when I get a chance.

note : your 'over feeding' on protein on these days. and if need be your body is converting this extra protein into energy to be burned up as glucose as well.
    this puts you in a further deficit then simply consuming carbs as an energy source
    Why not adjust the cardio? I usually go with a diet and then adjust the cardio to get where I want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    bump please. trying to ask about a proposed cycle. I already started the DBOL. calories have been increased to TDEE with a 500cal surplus. workout intensity has stayed the same 4 days a week running and lifting. goal is lean gains. am i using effective drugs?
    https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ycle-plan.html
    The thread has some cycle information in it. what do you think? caution anything? I have a blood donation the 20th.
    I want to run this Cycle
    Nan Deca 500mg / week
    Test E / 800mg / week
    Dbol / taper method
    Adex, Prami, and HCG
    BPC 157
    GHRP 2
    CJC 1295 With DAC
    I need to do some reading on how to take the peptides. i know my blood sugar has to be low. is that in a fasted state? what times would you recommend i inject these? And what's better SubQ or IM? i've got a bunch of resources and i'm not to bad at research.
    Dbol taper method
    Week 1-4 - 50mg per day
    week 5-7 - 30mg per day
    week 8-10 - 20mg per day
    NAC
    GDA (glucose disposal agent) Ordered this very recently, but i have BGM i'm using. below 90 blood sugar a good level to pin the peptides?

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    A simple solution to increase metabolism would be T3.

Blog Entries
    true, but it's not as serious as my performance. I'm in the military. show isn't on my mind. running fast, being strong, having endurance, and having a low body fat is. not sure if i'm going about it right. just got some peptides and i'm trying to figure out how i'm going to put this stuff inside myself correctly and in a cost effective manner. so far i believe i figured out GHRP-2 using a .5ml slin pin.

trying to crash course it and it's going as expected.

GHRP-2 Do i add 1.5 ml to my 5mg vial? if i want 20mcg per 1 tick on a .5ml syringe with 50 ticks total?

so if i'm saying i'm 176lb then i use 4 ticks? because it's 1mcg/kg and a kg is 0.453592, so 0.453592 X my body weight in lb = how many mcg i should be getting per shot, which is about 80mcg? is that saturation?

Thread Information