Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 3 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: A person in diet of weight loss must count liquid carbohydrates, or is this bobing ??

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

A person in diet of weight loss must count liquid carbohydrates, or is this bobing ??

A PERSON IN DIET OF WEIGHT LOSS MUST COUNT LIQUID CARBOHYDRATES, IS silliness ???

Listening to people say that on a slimming diet, it is necessary to count the liquid carbohydrates.

They say it's the total carbohydrate of a food, subtracted by the amount of fiber.
    I had never heard of it, until then this theme came to light. For I have always been led to believe that carbohydrates are carbohydrates. And for a person who wants to lose weight is simply reduce the carbohydrates .. For me this seems silly, what do you guys think ??
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 01-24-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Your body cannot use carbohydrates in the form of fiber as energy. We lack both the enzymes and digestive structure to break down plant matter.

Technically the gut bacteria in the lower intestinal track can break down small bits of plant matter and converts it to about 1.3kcal/gram in the form of short chain fatty acids. Your intestinal cells preferential use short chain fatty acids as an energy source so virtually none of that is used outside of the GI tract.
    almostgone, JaneDoe and Family_guy like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries

??

...davi
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 01-25-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Your body cannot use carbohydrates in the form of fiber as energy. We lack both the enzymes and digestive structure to break down plant matter.

Technically the gut bacteria in the lower intestinal track can break down small bits of plant matter and converts it to about 1.3kcal/gram in the form of short chain fatty acids. Your intestinal cells preferential use short chain fatty acids as an energy source so virtually none of that is used outside of the GI tract.
    You do this ???

This thing of counting liquid carbohydrates seems nonsense. This business of always getting subtracted fibers from the total carbohydrates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    You do this ???

This thing of counting liquid carbohydrates seems nonsense. This business of always getting subtracted fibers from the total carbohydrates.
    What is a liquid carbohydrate?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries

Rsrs

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What is a liquid carbohydrate?
    Total carbohydrate subtracted by total fiber. This seems to me to be a big mistake, the first time I hear about it.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I like to keep things simple . anything that goes into your mouth needs to be calculated as your macros (does not matter if your body does not assimilate it all or not, like with fiberous carbs, just count it as still being consumed).

the main thing with tracking macros is just to be consistent with how you track them. that way you can make more informed diet modifications. but if your always changing how you track them, then you can't even get a consistent pattern. so just keep it simple and always just track "Total carbs" and don't try to separate out the fiber.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    Total carbohydrate subtracted by total fiber. This seems to me to be a big mistake, the first time I hear about it.
    That’s what’s called a net carbohydrate.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Thread Information