nadakuss is offline New Member

Tdee and myfitnesspal

Hello all,

So for about the 200th time in my 35 years I am atempting to diet.
    However I plan to not go so crazy this time every diet I have done has been far too restrictive literally chicken and rice.
    However having now educated myself calories in vs calories out.
    For some reason I always believed it to be far more complicated than this. (I'm hoping it's not). So I have downloaded mfp and I have been tracking however I follow james smith on fb he did a post today about not letting mfp do your tdee for you as it's not accurate??
    I am currently trying to up my lean protien as much as possible and I'm tracking everything. I find it's working really well for me however I am now worried that I'm ether eating maintenance calories or I'm worried I'm even in a surplus. HELP!!!.

I'm 35 years old.
    5ft 10in
    108.5kg
    Currently not exercising (plan to start very soon life since Xmas has been mental).
    I am on my feet all day but it's not what I would call a physical job.
    At the moment I'm having 2300kcals a day??
    Any advice very appreciated.
    Many thanks.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Calculate TDEE (factor in other things like your activity level and make sure your actually measured height is correct when doing this) I know a lot of you say you're 5ft10 but make sure its correct because I have found a difference in height will make your TDEE off
    Also, measure our your food and oils
    Anything that goes into your mouth make sure it has been measured on a scale and input into myfitnesspal

The only time I have seen progress with weight loss when I was super careful what I was eating and actually paying attention to the food/macros and weight of the actual meal going into you
    A wrong calculation might mean you're still at maintenance and not 250-500 below your daily calorie goal

Thread Information