Many people have this doubt in mind because most of the foods that are consumed routinely in our lives, have the nutritional values ​​in their packaging provided, according to the food in its original state ie raw!

But that is not why you need to weigh everything exactly raw, because most foods that are consumed, especially when cooked, have their weight changed, however, the amount of macros present in them does not change!

This fact I am mentioning above, occurs because the food only loses or gains water in its cooking process!

For example, a classic of what I am talking about is rice, we can weigh 80 grams of raw rice, and soon after cooking, adding just water and salt in your kitchen, after the rice is ready, the same 80 grams of rice, turns about 250 grams of rice, that's where the confusion comes from.

This is because most people think the weight has changed, and so the macros have also changed, but in fact the only thing that has changed is that the 80 grams of rice has gained volume, but this volume is water and water without calories, so you you do not hear changes in food macros!

The same is true in the case of cooking 100 grams of chicken breast, when preparing the chicken in a grilled way, for example, you can observe that the 100 grams you had when raw, will change to about 70 grams of chicken, then In this case, what happened was a loss of water volume, but the macros in the 100 grams of chicken breast remain untouched.

With this, I finish this article, saying that you can weigh the food, in the way that is most convenient for your routine, both raw and cooked, you can have control of the macros, present in them, what needs to be observed is the gain or loss of water