Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72

    May God Bless All Who Respond - Carb-Cycling Doubts

    Hi, I am carb to keep carb at 2,400 kcal.

    I am 80kg and am consuming 2 grams of body protein here and 1 gram of fat also per pound.

    So I go with 160 grams of protein all week.

    And 80 grams of fat every week.

    I know you hear that fat in Carb-Cycling is 15-20% effective. But I know my fat is above this percentage, I think 30%.

    ___

    Consuming 260 grams of carbohydrates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

    And getting 130 moderate carbohydrates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

    And Sunday, only 60 grams of vegetable carbs.


    _____

    Carb-Cycling doesn't have to reach the weekly calorie goal, right?

    One guy told me that Carb-Cycling the way I'm doing is not closing the weekly calorie goal.

    I think he's dumb ... Because Carb-Cycling is not a common diet like the others who will have to worry about the weekly calorie goal.


    By your logic, I should take my total of 2,400 kcal and multiply it by 7, which would give 16,800 kcal.



    And take the 16,800 kcal and distribute it during the week ... So consuming more calories on some days and less on other days.

    But I found it strange ...

    Because I read a post here on the forum, that Carb-Cycling is to provide calories and carbs only when the body needs it most ...


    The caloric deficit is deliberate, in the logic of GB RICE ...


    I confess that I am not as experienced as many of this forum ...

    But, you need to reach your weekly calorie goal when doing a Carb Cycling .???I don't think so !!


    I hear a lot of controversy ..

    Everything I learned about Carb -Cycling was here in the forum.

    ___

    On one thing, as GB always says to cut carbs in half and on moderate carbohydrate days / low carbohydrate days}} to a purposeful calorie deficit on days of lower activity and exercise.

    Will this prevent me from closing the correct 16800 kcal weekly target? This is my personal doubt, thank you in advance. And God bless you all for all the knowledge that comes. Hugs .. ~~ Ryan Fisher

  2. #2
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,778
    I would like to help you OP, but tbh that post is very long, and it's hard to glean pertinent information from it.
    If you would like to summarize without all the background, I can take a shot at answering it. What other people told you really does not matter. Speculating just confuses the issue. What's your TDEE, desired calorie deficit, whats your training routine, how are you doing it now

  3. #3
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,674
    Ask your question in one or two sentences
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  4. #4
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,282
    if your goal is weight/fat loss ,, then I'd cut your fats down from 80g to 40g and just stick with that for awhile. you can continue the carb cycling, but at the end of the day nothing is more calorie dense and able to store as body fat better then dietary fats. simply cutting your fats in half will get you leaner quicker then anything else imo

  5. #5
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I would like to help you OP, but tbh that post is very long, and it's hard to glean pertinent information from it.
    If you would like to summarize without all the background, I can take a shot at answering it. What other people told you really does not matter. Speculating just confuses the issue. What's your TDEE, desired calorie deficit, whats your training routine, how are you doing it now
    My TDEE is 2,400 kcal / Current goal is to maintain my physique with Carb-Cycling. My training routine is from Monday to Saturday and total rest on Sunday.

  6. #6
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfisher View Post
    My TDEE is 2,400 kcal / Current goal is to maintain my physique with Carb-Cycling. My training routine is from Monday to Saturday and total rest on Sunday.
    I usually hear about carb cycling for cutting. It's usually so your body doesn't adjust to a consistent dietary intake and you can have more carbs on the days you need it (like leg days). What's your routine? (Push pull legs. Upper lower. Brosplit. etc)

  7. #7
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Ask your question in one or two sentences
    Windex

    My friend said I should count my calories a week
    Last edited by ryanfisher; 08-07-2019 at 11:30 AM.

  8. #8
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I usually hear about carb cycling for cutting. It's usually so your body doesn't adjust to a consistent dietary intake and you can have more carbs on the days you need it (like leg days). What's your routine? (Push pull legs. Upper lower. Brosplit. etc)
    High Carbohydrate Days I Workout, Legs, Back, Chest / On Moderate Carbohydrate Days I Workout, Arms and Deltoids / and on Low Carbohydrate Day - which is Sunday I don't train, full rest. And on this day I eat fibrous vegetable salad. The amount of protein and fat stay the same every week, I don't change.

  9. #9
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfisher View Post
    High Carbohydrate Days I Workout, Legs, Back, Chest / On Moderate Carbohydrate Days I Workout, Arms and Deltoids / and on Low Carbohydrate Day - which is Sunday I don't train, full rest. And on this day I eat fibrous vegetable salad. The amount of protein and fat stay the same every week, I don't change.
    Yeah... Can't really make much sense of what your workout structure is like.
    But yes, higher carbs on legs, moderate on back (unless you deadlift on back days), the rest low carb. But it all has to equal out to be the same amount of carbs per week you would normally eat if you were not carb cycling since you are just trying to maintain. Like you said, protein and fat does not change.
    To me, it doesn't make much sense to carb cycle on maintenance. Then there will be days you're in a caloric deficit for no reason. Like I said, it's mostly used to manipulate calories through the addition or subtract of carbs while still keeping the carbs high on days it's most needed. You're making your diet needlessly complicated to reap the same benefits

  10. #10
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Yeah... Can't really make much sense of what your workout structure is like.
    But yes, higher carbs on legs, moderate on back (unless you deadlift on back days), the rest low carb. But it all has to equal out to be the same amount of carbs per week you would normally eat if you were not carb cycling since you are just trying to maintain. Like you said, protein and fat does not change.
    To me, it doesn't make much sense to carb cycle on maintenance. Then there will be days you're in a caloric deficit for no reason. Like I said, it's mostly used to manipulate calories through the addition or subtract of carbs while still keeping the carbs high on days it's most needed. You're making your diet needlessly complicated to reap the same benefits
    So are you saying that Carb-Cycling is only effective for the cutting phase? I was convinced that Carb-Cycling could benefit me by avoiding body fat. I will review my nutritional strategy. It makes sense what you said .. I will change my nutrition strategy, I will work with macronutrient time, eating only clean, I will add 500 kcal above my TDEE, which will put me at 2,900 kcal. I will avoid carbs at the end of my day, I will do what you said and cut my fat in half and split it into 4 meals. My carbs will be put in the 3 main meals of the day - breakfast, pre-workout and post-workout ((I'm not going to consume pre or post workout fat, so I'm only going to eat protein and fat until the end) Keeping Carb-Cycling process won't work, because on low carbohydrate days I would have a calorie deficit, there would be few calories that would hurt my results. I will deal with my carbs on my day off within my TDEE So, trying to keep my lean body mass avoiding body fat, i'll plan a carbohydrate cycle for definition later i think i will be able to put more clean muscles above my TDEE with the macronutrient time.My day off rest i will be eating my maintenance calories of body weight, which will make me consume less carbs.

  11. #11
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfisher View Post
    So are you saying that Carb-Cycling is only effective for the cutting phase? I was convinced that Carb-Cycling could benefit me by avoiding body fat. I will review my nutritional strategy. It makes sense what you said .. I will change my nutrition strategy, I will work with macronutrient time, eating only clean, I will add 500 kcal above my TDEE, which will put me at 2,900 kcal. I will avoid carbs at the end of my day, I will do what you said and cut my fat in half and split it into 4 meals. My carbs will be put in the 3 main meals of the day - breakfast, pre-workout and post-workout ((I'm not going to consume pre or post workout fat, so I'm only going to eat protein and fat until the end) Keeping Carb-Cycling process won't work, because on low carbohydrate days I would have a calorie deficit, there would be few calories that would hurt my results. I will deal with my carbs on my day off within my TDEE So, trying to keep my lean body mass avoiding body fat, i'll plan a carbohydrate cycle for definition later i think i will be able to put more clean muscles above my TDEE with the macronutrient time.My day off rest i will be eating my maintenance calories of body weight, which will make me consume less carbs.
    No, it can work for bulking too. Your TDEE is just an estimated average. In actuality, you are probably burning more calories on a leg day than a chest day, so adding more calories in on those days makes sense.
    There is a lot to unpack there so I'm not going to even attempt it. But I will say, you're one rest day during the week, your body should still be in muscle building mode and so you should still be in a calorie surplus of you want to bulk.
    Putting on fat is 100% a matter of calories in vs out. If you eat at actual maintenance calroies, you will not put on fat. Unless you are untrained or overweight you will also not put on muscle. If you are in a calorie surplus you are inevitably going to put on some amount of fat, how much fat vs muscle depends on the training stimulus and how much excess calories.
    The term "bulk" implies a clean bulk. No one wants to bulk to put on fat (i.e. there's only bulking and dirty bulking). If you want to minimize fat gain keep the food clean and the calorie surplus smallish. How small? That's dependant on the person and amount of stimulus your training provides. Start at a 500 cal surplus, monitor your weight and bodyfat, and increase (or decrease) from there.

  12. #12
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    No, it can work for bulking too. Your TDEE is just an estimated average. In actuality, you are probably burning more calories on a leg day than a chest day, so adding more calories in on those days makes sense.
    There is a lot to unpack there so I'm not going to even attempt it. But I will say, you're one rest day during the week, your body should still be in muscle building mode and so you should still be in a calorie surplus of you want to bulk.
    Putting on fat is 100% a matter of calories in vs out. If you eat at actual maintenance calroies, you will not put on fat. Unless you are untrained or overweight you will also not put on muscle. If you are in a calorie surplus you are inevitably going to put on some amount of fat, how much fat vs muscle depends on the training stimulus and how much excess calories.
    The term "bulk" implies a clean bulk. No one wants to bulk to put on fat (i.e. there's only bulking and dirty bulking). If you want to minimize fat gain keep the food clean and the calorie surplus smallish. How small? That's dependant on the person and amount of stimulus your training provides. Start at a 500 cal surplus, monitor your weight and bodyfat, and increase (or decrease) from there.
    Got it, I'll get this advice.Thank you , bro

  13. #13
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,282
    just to confirm ,, your at 30+% body fat and your wanting to bulk ?

  14. #14
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just to confirm ,, your at 30+% body fat and your wanting to bulk ?
    I currently have 8% body fat, so if I go into clean bulking, it will even reach the 13% body fat mark. I do not intend to leave my body fat percentage above that.

  15. #15
    ryanfisher's Avatar
    ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    72
    .what do you think about it

  16. #16
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    22,925
    Try it and see how your body responds, adjust as needed.

    Just donít drop fats too low

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •