kiki123 is offline Associate Member

High triglycerides bloodtest should I have been fasted?

My tryglyceride level was 3.4 mmol/L when it should be below 2. Also total chelesterol was slightly over borderline but my HDL and LDL chelesterol were both in normal range. I didn't do the blood test fasted. I had my regular breakfast 6 eggs scrambled with half a pound ground beef no carbs approx 45mins before the test. I cut carbs out of my breakfast because oatmeal made me feel like sh*t, protein and fats breakfast definately agrees with me, feel alert, no crash. Oats made me want to go back to bed.

Of course there are so many variables to this question but essentially how much of an impact would my breakfast of 1000cal of solely protein and fats have an impact on my tryglyceride and total chelesterol levels? Should I do the blood test again fasted? I'm currently bulking approx 10%bf. In the gym 5-6 days a week for the last 15 years 36yo. Maintenance is approx 3200 calories as I burn calories like a furnace. Recently upped to 4000cal as I've started a bulk last week. Carbs 316g, fat 155g, protein 260g. 5'10" 180lbs. Looking to bulk up to about 200lbs depending on how fat I get lol.

Thanks in advance. Can attach bloodwork and diet breakdown if needed.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shoulda did them fasted just so you wouldn’t have to deal with this ..levels supposedly can be affected for several hours after eating they say..but, I don’t understand how freshly fasted,the fats were so quickly digested?then you have to factor in meals night before within a time range..thats definitely above range .. do them fasted and then see if there is a issue..then you can worry
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 10-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Btw you’ll be ok bro

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you ate 6 whole eggs and a half pound of ground beef . both of which are packed full of triglycerides and cholesterol . then later on you get blood work done testing triglycerides and cholesterol .. umm yeah of course your levels are going to be elevated. your digestive track is dumping those things directly into your blood stream during the blood test .
    you need to be fasted for 10 hours for an accurate lipid profile. you also need to not train or do cardio for at least 24 hours prior to your blood work as well. and if your taking HGH you need to not take that for at least 24 hours.

Thread Information