• 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Suyane
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Need help

Suyane is offline Female Member

Red face Need help

Hi! How are you ?
    I have a question :

I wonder if the caloric values ​​of foods are of any importance or only the daily macronutrient goal .

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    calories are ONLY a measurement of 'energy' (ie, actually only a measurement of heat in BTUs) .. they mean absolutely NOTHING in regards to nutritional value . calories in food get transferred into energy and heat in the body , thats it.
    they don't provide nutrition, vitamins, minerals, cell regeneration, cholesterol, etc etc.. all the things the body needs .

yes your body needs energy and heat to survive . but thats all calories are/do . for actual 'nutritional value' you need to look at the ingredients, macro nutrients, micro nutrients, etc.. of the food that your eating . these are the things that support your nutritional needs.

calories only support energy needs

hope that helps
    Suyane likes this.

Suyane is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    calories are ONLY a measurement of 'energy' (ie, actually only a measurement of heat in BTUs) .. they mean absolutely NOTHING in regards to nutritional value . calories in food get transferred into energy and heat in the body , thats it.
    they don't provide nutrition, vitamins, minerals, cell regeneration, cholesterol, etc etc.. all the things the body needs .

yes your body needs energy and heat to survive . but thats all calories are/do . for actual 'nutritional value' you need to look at the ingredients, macro nutrients, micro nutrients, etc.. of the food that your eating . these are the things that support your nutritional needs.

calories only support energy needs

hope that helps
    I was torturing myself with this because I am on a 2,500 kcal diet for mass gain ..

250 grams of carbs per day
    250 grams of protein per day
    56 grams of fat per day

I'm hitting my daily macronutrient amounts right, but my diet is going to over 3000 kcal in myfinesspal.

The food values ​​of my diet are too caloric?
    Last edited by Suyane; 11-24-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Leggodess likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    heres a analogy or way to think about it

what if I told you you could have 100 pounds (in weight, not monetary value) of money , or you could have 50 pounds of money . you would likely say you wanted the 100 pounds .. but what if you find out that the 100 pounds weight is just all pennies and the 50 pounds weight is in individual 100$ bills . the 50 pounds is way less in weight , but worth way way more value .

same with food .

look at the foods your eating in 'bang for your buck' in regards to nutritional value that you are receiving from that food ,, not in just pure calories (which is like just 'weight' in the money analogy)

so focus on your macro nutrients and micro nutrients and let the calories fall where they fall .. but be aware a lot of food has extra calories packed in with no added nutritional value..

as for your current macro break down
    250 protein x 4 = 1000 cal
    250 carbs x 4 = 1000 cal
    56 fat x 9 = 504 cal

that puts you at 2504 calories per day .. IF your tracking is showing you that your getting close to 3000 cals , then the foods your eating are likely processed and not 100% natural and have other ingredients and hidden calories (ie, empty weight)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-24-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Leggodess likes this.

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suyane View Post
    I was torturing myself with this because I am on a 2,500 kcal diet for mass gain ..

250 grams of carbs per day
    250 grams of protein per day
    56 grams of fat per day

I'm hitting my daily macronutrient amounts right, but my diet is going to over 3000 kcal in myfinesspal.

The food values ​​of my diet are too caloric?
    Your nutritional intake for bulking looks good. Keep doing what you have been doing. Make sure your well hydrated (drink about 1 gallon of water every day), eat healthy foods 4-7 times a day. One meal per week can be a cheat meal (unhealthy foods). Take your supplements every morning.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information