Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: I have fast metabolism and a lot of difficulty increasing body weight

ZYZZ LEGACY is offline New Member

Exclamation I have fast metabolism and a lot of difficulty increasing body weight

Hello , I'm a 5'11 tall guy with 180 lbs. I have a hard time increasing my body weight even eating above my TDEE.
    I made an estimate of my TDEE's calories and it's at 3,400 kcal per day.
    I am a guy with a very active life, I work standing all day without stopping, carrying a lot of weight back and forth.
    Well, I made a 500 kcal increase over my 3,400 kcal TDEE per day. Which gave me 3,900 kcal for me to start gaining body weight (this is estimated to gain a kilo per week)
    I am intrigued here, because I am only managing to maintain my 180 lbs, I am not rising in weight!
    I am thinking of starting to throw my calories in the 4,500 kcal to 5,000 kcal to see how my body reacts. What do you think?
    It is worth remembering that I am aiming to increase size, gain weight.
    I'm not bothering with body fat accumulation!
    I am about to cycle of AAS, with my new nutritional strategy to increase my muscles thanks in advance .Fuark!
    Last edited by ZYZZ LEGACY; 12-23-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    You will have a hard time figuring out your TDEE from a formula. As you stated the estimate was 3400 and your not gaining weight on 3900. Soooo 3400 isn't your actual TDEE. I would add calories to your current diet until you see the scale moving. Who cares what a formula says. If your not gaining weight, your not really eating above your maintenance. Try 4500 for a week and see what happens. If your not getting the results you want. Add more calories.
    Last edited by Nephets; 12-23-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    ZYZZ LEGACY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    You will have a hard time figuring out your TDEE from a formula. As you stated the estimate was 3400 and your not gaining wait on 3900. Soooo 3400 isn't your actual TDEE. I would add calories to your current diet until you see the scale moving. Who cares what a formula says. If your not gaining weight, your not really eating above your maintenance. Try 4500 for a week and see what happens. If your not getting the results you want. Add more calories.

Thanks for the tip .

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    keep in mind that 'calories' are simply a measurement of energy (ie, specifically 'heat'). they in and of themselves don't build muscle or add weight. macro and micro nutrients are what supply cells with what they need to grow (not cals) .

so what is your macro nutrients for the day ? thats way more important then your calories. telling us your total cals doesn't mean much
    ZYZZ LEGACY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    keep in mind that 'calories' are simply a measurement of energy (ie, specifically 'heat'). they in and of themselves don't build muscle or add weight. macro and micro nutrients are what supply cells with what they need to grow (not cals) .

so what is your macro nutrients for the day ? thats way more important then your calories. telling us your total cals doesn't mean much

P: 390 grams per day
    C: 390 grams per day
    F: 65 grams per day

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Two quick things....that's a shit ton of protein for 180lbs unless you like it to stay full and don't mind the added expense. 2. I think what gearhead was getting at above was more on the micro nutrients. Are you getting all your vitamins and minerals from your food that your body needs. Are you getting your carbs from eating salads, potatoes, oatmeal, etc or is it chocolate bars and pop. quality over quantity kind of thing.

steve
    GearHeaded and ZYZZ LEGACY like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    easy fix .
    protein is the most thermogenic of macros. 100 cals of protein requires 30 cals of energy to assimilate. your basically burning 500 cals per day just to digest that amount of protein. thats like 2 hours of cardio per day. no wonder you can't gain and your metabolism is revving so fast.

drop your protein down, up your carbs and up your fats big time. this will slow your metabolism down, conserve energy, and allow more food to "stick" to you.. I would add fats to every meal to help slow down digestion as well.

280g protein , 450g carbs, 150g fats. .. thats 4,270 cals .

your going to grow much better off that then what your doing now with super high protein and low fat

and as Nephets stated, make sure those macros are all nutrient and micro nutrient dense
    ZYZZ LEGACY likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYZZ LEGACY View Post
    P: 390 grams per day
    C: 390 grams per day
    F: 65 grams per day

Big mistake here!!!

P:390x4=1560 kcal
    C:390x4=1560 kcal
    F:65X9 =585 kcal

=