• 1 Post By IronLiver

Thread: Thoughts on my macros

sleepy33 is offline Junior Member

Thoughts on my macros

/>
    6'5"
    About to turn 38 on 1/24
    About 20%

I'm currently eating 3200 calories over 7 meals. 276 g protein, 107-130 g fat, rest of calories for the day in carbs.

All thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your basically eating 30/30/30 give or take
    You’ll have to give up slowly some of your precious fats or carbs..maybe 5 percent a every other week or when your body stops responding..I generally lower carbs and leave the caloric deficit..it’s not all macros
    It’s a lot of what you eat..focus on Whole Foods and get your fats from meat primarily..maybe olive oil or walnuts, if you have enough room left..journal everything from foods, to digestion to the way you look In morning ..one thing, seems pretty low calories for a guy your size..you’ll have to continually adapt to lose weight, when you get leaner so don’t sacrifice those calories without exhausting every other option,.check out carb cycling as well..might be something works for you,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Thanks for the reply. Here's a sample day of how I've been eating just for more info

Meal 1: prot shake, MVI, serving fiber one cereal, 2 cups whole milk
    Meal 2: Quest protein bar, prot water
    Meal 3: 3 oz london broil, rice, veggies
    Meal 4: nuts 30g, 3 boiled eggs, 1 cup milk
    Meal 5: 150g chicken quarters
    Meal 6: London broil 3 oz, 1 cup milk
    Meal 7: this is my pre workout and post workout protein shake with an apple, orange, or banana

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    You're getting 276g of protein but only about 80g is from meats. That number is very low if you're doing a strongman program and want to get lean. I would definitely quit drinking protein shakes and protein bars and eat more meats. I tried some protein powder a few months ago and had diarrhea all day, I don't know how anyone can drink them. I would recommend eating meal 3 six times a day with an egg or two with each meal and a cup of milk. You can also add fish and chicken. Adding butter to your broiled beef would be good too.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Thoughts on my macros

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy33 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Here's a sample day of how I've been eating just for more info

Meal 1: prot shake, MVI, serving fiber one cereal, 2 cups whole milk
    Meal 2: Quest protein bar, prot water
    Meal 3: 3 oz london broil, rice, veggies
    Meal 4: nuts 30g, 3 boiled eggs, 1 cup milk
    Meal 5: 150g chicken quarters
    Meal 6: London broil 3 oz, 1 cup milk
    Meal 7: this is my pre workout and post workout protein shake with an apple, orange, or banana
    See my below post..I misread your original post
    The milk and shakes bars gotta be trimmed down and whole food incorporated if possible..

Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-14-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Only issue is with that second meal, I'm typically in surgery so it's my way to hide and sneak a meal in lol. Otherwise, change the protein shake immediately after workout to an actual meal or leave it for fast absorption? I can definitely eliminate the one in the morning and add in a meat and add in more eggs. Thanks again fellas

Thoughts on my macros

Start day and end day with whole food..give your a nice chunk of protein to digest maybe eat a lil extra At both meals and cut the shakes imo 6 meals isn’t necessary if you can’t stomach the extra protein have a shake with meals to slow down absorption..eat some good carbs a few hours before workout with your meal...iam guessing your in time constraint and that’s why your having two shakes..so drink a shake intra or right after with a piece of fruit and then make a nice meal to give your body longer lasting subsistence while you sleep..
    If you don’t have time to cook all that then make extra big meals and cut them in half..
    I think the lack of most all carbs except for fruit and milk sugars is a mistake..I would look into carb cycling 101 sticky and try that..your body needs good carbs for endless reasons as well as to function in gym and brain functions in operating room..

Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy33 View Post

6'5"
    About to turn 38 on 1/24
    About 20%

I'm currently eating 3200 calories over 7 meals. 276 g protein, 107-130 g fat, rest of calories for the day in carbs.

All thoughts are appreciated. Thank you
    U wont get bigger n stronger on 3200 cals.
    Solution:
    Drop all shakes. They are useless unless u make them from food.
    Add a gallion of hole milk every day.
    Add cardio.
    There is no others way to get cut n big.
    And remember. Calories from good fat and good carbs are pretty much the same.
    Also add 6 hole eggs every day.

Then u got the worlds most anabolic substanses. Lot of it every day. Hole milk and eggs.
    Then justify the looks with cardio.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk

Thread Information