SuperDuty04 is offline New Member

Ideas on things to eat

So i need some advice on a diet. After my injury, I went from 180 to 210 the past few months. I’m sure a part of it was from all the steroids they pumped into me to assist healing. But still, I have no idea what a good diet is. I don’t eat real unhealthy like chips snd brownies. I love fish snd all meats.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a daily diet would look like for a guy cutting weight?

I’ve got a good grill and use it often. I love salads and don’t like much dressing on them, and certainly not ranch.

So should I be eating lots of grilled chicken and fish? What kind of sides should I eat? No potatoes? Eat broccoli instead?

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member
    Breakfast: all bran cereal , oatmeal, eggs

Lunch sandwich with fruit or veggies ( raisins , grapes , tomatoes, salad )

Dinner pork , fish ,lamb , beef , chicken

Dinner sides rice, yams , roasted garlic , potatoes , green beans, carrots , cream corn, broccoli, cauliflower

Lunch some left overs from previous nights dinner

Before bed oatmeal with proteinshake, milk , cereal , peanut butter on wheat bread, eggs,

Snacks peanuts almonds raisins grapes oranges olives rice carrots yogurt salad

The key is to have variety . If you're eating the same stuff every day you'll get sick of it and give up .
    Hell eat that breakfast sausage or polish sausage just not every day . We all give into temptations and the fat girl inside us comes out. We eat cake , brownies , ice cream, pie jusr in moderation .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    The key is to have variety . If you're eating the same stuff every day you'll get sick of it and give up .
    Hell eat that breakfast sausage or polish sausage just not every day . We all give into temptations and the fat girl inside us comes out. We eat cake , brownies , ice cream, pie jusr in moderation .
    The biggest problem today is too much variety. People don't eat for nutrients anymore, they eat for flavor. The amount of so called "food" that you can find today compared to 100 years ago is ridiculous. I have not had cake, brownies, ice cream, pizza, etc. in years and do not crave such foods because they make me feel ill. Once you learn to eat foods that are nutrient dense, such as red meats, liver, butter, eggs, milk, cheese and fish, your body does not crave any junk foods because its getting all of the nutrients it needs and you don't get hungry. If you are trying to lose weight then only add carbohydrates such as white rice before and after your workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    The biggest problem today is too much variety. People don't eat for nutrients anymore, they eat for flavor. The amount of so called "food" that you can find today compared to 100 years ago is ridiculous. I have not had cake, brownies, ice cream, pizza, etc. in years and do not crave such foods because they make me feel ill. Once you learn to eat foods that are nutrient dense, such as red meats, liver, butter, eggs, milk, cheese and fish, your body does not crave any junk foods because its getting all of the nutrients it needs and you don't get hungry. If you are trying to lose weight then only add carbohydrates such as white rice before and after your workouts.
    I had ice cream today and pizza. I'm also on 150mg prednisone trying to quit smoking. I agree variety Is a problem but I think it's more so ingridients in cheap and easy food along with prices. Ur busy u hit up McDonald's for a quick salad boom $9. U wanna super greasy ass triple cheeseburger $2 . There's no between . Either it's riddled with greese salt or sugar and preservatives. Imagine if that salad was $2 and that triple burger was $9 .

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    I had ice cream today and pizza. I'm also on 150mg prednisone trying to quit smoking. I agree variety Is a problem but I think it's more so ingridients in cheap and easy food along with prices. Ur busy u hit up McDonald's for a quick salad boom $9. U wanna super greasy ass triple cheeseburger $2 . There's no between . Either it's riddled with greese salt or sugar and preservatives. Imagine if that salad was $2 and that triple burger was $9 .

Everything I eat either comes from the ocean or from a local cattle and dairy farm. Except for white rice and honey, which unfortunatley I have to go to the supermarket to get. I have not been to a fast food restaurant in many years and would rather not eat for several hours than put anything from McDonald's into my body. If i'm going to be gone for several hours I take some eggs with me and a tupperware of meat and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    Everything I eat either comes from the ocean or from a local cattle and dairy farm. Except for white rice and honey, which unfortunatley I have to go to the supermarket to get. I have not been to a fast food restaurant in many years and would rather not eat for several hours than put anything from McDonald's into my body. If i'm going to be gone for several hours I take some eggs with me and a tupperware of meat and cheese.
    Eh I thought my last hospital visit was going to be quick. Get blood work find out if i have cancer. 4 hours later I'm told I need to eat before they drain a pint of my blood . I'm on the broke side so I got McDonald then went to get my blood drained. My blood sugar dropped to 54 so I had to stay and be monitored . A simple 1-2 trip turned into 6 hours .

Thread Information