Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: How much redbull is too much redbull?

wavefunction is offline Associate Member

How much redbull is too much redbull?

Sugar free redbull. I’ve been drinking 3-4 litres daily lately, this is an increase from my usual 2 litre per day consumption.

I keep hearing people say things like energy drinks are poison they’re full of chemicals bla bla bla. But none of them have background in chemistry / biology, and then they go drink five cups of coffee full of sugar and eat shit food all day long. I don’t trust those people...

3 litres of redbull is double the maximum recommended daily dose of caffeine. Do you think it will do much damage to me in the long run?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That’s a bit excessive, at times I have been drinking a lot of energy drinks but usually 1.5L or less which is still a lot don’t you get jittery from that much? Currently I’m not touching them just a large coffee each morning and 2-3 scoops of c4 pre workout.
    JaneDoe likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    I do the same.
    I synergize it with ephedrine sulfate.

Whatever damage its doing to you isnt half as bad as me elevating my urine ph and cleaving the ephedrine from its salt at 100 mg every four hours.

IronLiver is offline Associate Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71XDxHfLXpL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	178212

Looking at the ingredients, this is a horrible drink... Drinking anything out of aluminum is not a good idea. Sugar free Redbull is made with synthetic carbonation, which causes radicals and free radicals, resulting in mineral and oxygen deficiencies. Naturally carbonated water helps with oxygen absorption and replenishes electrolites and helps relax adrenal glands. Sugar free Redbull also has aspartame which is horrible for you. You would be much better off with some pre workout and naturally carbonated water.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    That’s a bit excessive, at times I have been drinking a lot of energy drinks but usually 1.5L or less which is still a lot don’t you get jittery from that much?
    Nope. I drink redbull for the taste, I take modafinil for stimulatory effect. I’ve been drinking regular redbull for as long as I can remember myself. Switched to sugar free six months ago. I don’t like any other drink really, is this weird?

Quote Originally Posted by IronLiver View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71XDxHfLXpL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	178212
    Sugar free Redbull also has aspartame which is horrible for you.
    If aspartame horrible for humans why would redbull be using it? Monster uses sucralose, is that better?

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame:
    Aspartame is one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients.[5] Reviews by over 100 governmental regulatory bodies found the ingredient safe for consumption at current levels.[6][7][8][9][10] As of 2018, several reviews of clinical trials showed that using aspartame in place of sugar reduces calorie intake and body weight in adults and children.
    I googled your other arguments too and they seem like speculation at best. You into conspiracy theories much?

I I think you may have built up a very strong caffeine tolerance. I bet you would get migraines if you stopped drinking the red bull. It’s definitely not healthy in the quantity you are drinking.
    The road likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    I googled your other arguments too and they seem like speculation at best. You into conspiracy theories much?
    I could write a long post detailing all the sources of my claims, however I doubt that would dissuade you from drinking red bull... I also didn't mention the harmful effects of that much caffeine which are obvious.

Aspartame has not ben proven to be bad for people and probably isnt as bad as sugar.
    I love how people throw around the word "Carcinogen" today.
    Of 62 known carcinogens 12 are naturally occouring in the human diet. Estrogen for example is a carcinogen we all have and most of us at unsafe levels.
    Is aspartame bad? We don't know. Its not cyanide though which is in many things we eat as well. Perfectly safe in small doses.

Chugging redbull is not natural.
    Anything used in excess will have effects.
    Effects in some will be worse than in others.

Moderation.

I I think you may have built up a very strong caffeine tolerance. I bet you would get migraines if you stopped drinking the red bull. It’s definitely not healthy in the quantity you are drinking.
    A friend once told me that mild stimulants may not work on me anymore because of all the hard drugs I abused in my twenties. She might have been right somehow, sometimes I drink redbull right before bed and fall asleep no problem.

I could write a long post detailing all the sources of my claims, however I doubt that would dissuade you from drinking red bull... I also didn't mention the harmful effects of that much caffeine which are obvious.
    No need to type a lot of text, why not backup one of your claims with a reference to a credible source?

No need to type a lot of text, why not backup one of your claims with a reference to a credible source?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23553132

The excess of phenylalanine blocks the transport of important amino acids to the brain contributing to reduced levels of dopamine and serotonin.

Not sure how that could be a good thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23553132

The excess of phenylalanine blocks the transport of important amino acids to the brain contributing to reduced levels of dopamine and serotonin.

Not sure how that could be a good thing.
    Here is a short summary of the current mdical science stance on artificial sweeteners including aspartame.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30716379/

A friend once told me that mild stimulants may not work on me anymore because of all the hard drugs I abused in my twenties. She might have been right somehow, sometimes I drink redbull right before bed and fall asleep no problem.
    ...or a strong caffeine tolerance, yes - probably makes more sense. I’m going to stop consuming caffeine for a week to test this.

Let us know how it goes.

Thread Information