Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Islandjack
  • 1 Post By JSom

Thread: New to macro counting

radioactivegraphite is offline New Member

New to macro counting

What apps/methods do you like to use for counting?

For the first time..ever, I have started counting my macros. I just had a BodPod assessment done, so now I have an actual goal to shoot for. I'm looking to bulk up.

The results put me on the fatter side that I thought I was on..but still, it's good to know:

Body fat: 26.8%
    Fat weight: 49 lbs
    Lean mass: 73.2%
    Lean weight: 134.1 lbs
    Total weight: 183.1 lbs
    Estimated RMR: 1,658 kcal/day
    Estimated TEE: 2,122 kcal/day = Est. RMR (1,658 kcal) x 1.28 (activity factor - sedentary)

I got in the sedentary range because I work from home 4 hrs x 10 days/week..sitting on my anus. I'm a lanky to medium build guy. I carry the majority of the fat in my gut. I lift every other day and the only cardio I do is walking up and down steps from 1st to 3rd floor and vice-versa since my office is on the 3rd floor. I'm not totally sure what to do with these numbers quite yet. I mean I have a pretty good idea. But I will ask more specific questions on a separate thread.

Anyways, I have personally started to check out the MyFitnessPal app. My first impression is that I like it so far. I HOPE that if I do this long enough, I can just eyeball it and not have to count every single damn macro that I eat.
    Last edited by radioactivegraphite; 12-22-2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Placed question at top of thread

Islandjack is offline New Member
    I use the free version of MFP and fine it easy and pretty convenient. I haven’t tried anything else but an content and familiar with MFP. If it ain’t broke...

JSom is offline New Member
    I don't really trust these applications, because they calculate information from tables, and do not really analyze the current state of the body. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is from the experience of those devices and applications that I have used before.

Thread Information