JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Recomping??? Pics included

Everywhere I've read or seen, people say a recomp is only possible under two circumstances: you're a newbie or you have been "detrained" for a long time, then get back in the gym and recomp to your former self.

Well in my case, I am recomping when I shouldn't be. I'm not a newbie, and I haven't been detrained.

This year I got really fat (260lbs) and so I decided to jump on gear and diet in January: 200cyp, 200 tren e. In the middle of January, I added some peptides: Mod GRF and Ipamerelin.

Feb 4th I decided to start a diet when I was 254. I cleaned up what I was eating and lost about 14lbs the first month. Fearing I was losing too fast, I switched to my new maintence of 240lb in March. I posted pics in an earlier thread showing my progress. https://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutr...-am-i-now.html

I upped the Peptides in the middle of March by double. I changed my training a bit from Dorian 1-2 sets, do 3 sets total. I added LISS cardio, 4x a week at 30 mins am after my peptides. Sometimes I skip cardio because my legs are too sore, even though I'm only doing 2.5 mph with no incline, but I've been also moving around more during the day, so it seems sometimes all of that is just too much.

Two weeks ago I added oral Winstrol at 50mg per day. I'm still taking the same amount of everything else. My strength has INCREASED and I am losing fat. This should NOT be happening according to everyone, but it is.

If I were in a caloric deficit, I would be losing size and strength, along with fat, but I am not. My legs have also grown a bit, increasing to 28 inches. I haven't gained any size anywhere else other than my legs.

These pics here are a comparison of March vs April:

Recomping??? Pics included-1.jpg

Recomping??? Pics included-2.jpg

Recomping??? Pics included-3.jpg

Recomping??? Pics included-4.jpg

These changes are slight, but they are there. I weighed myself at 238 this am. The progress is slow, but I don't care. I could start counting calories and all that, but I don't want to; I just want to enjoy my food and hard training while seeing results. My avatar pic is a result of a diet I did year ago where I counted calories and lost 21 in three months, but it was short lived because I didn't reverse diet and I lost some size for sure.

Now look at this difference these pics are of me at 240 vs 238. So this is February vs last week of April. It cannot be that I just lost 3lbs of total fat in this time.

Recomping??? Pics included-5.jpg

WTF is happening. Has anyone seen this with a client or experienced this before? Is it because I do am cardio and gym, burn fat, then eat all day to repair, while the tren repartitions nutrients and GH peptides keep me leaner? But none of this should violate the laws of thermodynamics.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 05-01-2021 at 08:10 AM.

No one? lol

After pondering on this situation, I think I understand what is happening in my case. It is true that it is impossible to build muscle and burn fat at the same exact time unless in those two states mentioned above, however, that is the confusion as to why people think recomping is impossible. You can certainly burn fat and build muscle at different times, in the same day, just like one can do so in the same week cycling their calories.

What I think is going on with me is I am doing fasted cardio with peptides in the am, effectively tapping into my fat stores before I have my first meal. Two hours later I hit the gym, thus, every other meal is dedicated to recovery and repair. Because I am eating a low-fat, high carb diet, I am storing less fat and more glycogen. Carbs are very hard to turn into fat, unless you have an excess amount of them which put you in a surplus. Since my weight is not increasing on the scale, I must be a maintenance; therefore, if I am tapping into my fat stores in the am, but not going into a surplus, I will lose fat, but not weight, because I am putting calories back in but in a different form: carbs.

The gear, specifically Tren (which is know for its nutrition partitioning) is certainly helping this case. So no, I am not building muscle at losing fat at the same time, however, I am clearly putting muscle in place of fat that is being lost in some parts of my body. I am not adding new muscle on my arms or anything like that, but I have increased legs by two inches, measuring at 28 inches. My strength can be accounted for the gear, and also because strength is can increase by learning how to be more intense and firing more neurons; you can get stronger without getting way bigger, and due to the specific training you are doing. Moreover, I recently started to squats and do hack squats after learning that my mechanics do not allow me to keep my feet forward, and that I must point them outward on a 45 degree angle to not hurt my knees and get the proper form (I have a bad left ankle). So my legs have grown which increases my metabolic rate.

I think this explains what is happening.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 05-02-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Everywhere I've read or seen, people say a recomp is only possible under two circumstances: you're a newbie or you have been "detrained" for a long time, then get back in the gym and recomp to your former self.

Well in my case, I am recomping when I shouldn't be. I'm not a newbie, and I haven't been detrained.
    I will bite.

I've never read that recomping is impossible.
    People do it all the time.
    However, recomping is more difficult to accomplish than str8 cutting or str8 bulking.

Recomping is easier for those who are:
    newbies (low muscle mass)
    overweight (high body fat%)
    undertrained or detrained
    on steroids
    new to TRT
    on a bad diet (cleaning up the diet will recomp someone)

You have two of the above working for you.
    You are high bodyfat % and you have been on steroids during this recomp.

I have seen many people recomp.
    It is common for someone in meet prep to gain muscle and lose body fat.

You have made significant progress but I think you should focus on losing body fat.
    You have gone from 25%+ bf to about maybe 19%.
    You would look far more impressive at 14-15% IMo.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 05-02-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks.

I'm not in a rush or anything so I want to continue seeing how far this can go before having to resort to a cut. Right now I enjoy my diet as it is, and I love the way I'm training. I rather do this for a longer time than cut and lose enjoying my food and training.

Thanks.

I'm not in a rush or anything so I want to continue seeing how far this can go before having to resort to a cut. Right now I enjoy my diet as it is, and I love the way I'm training. I rather do this for a longer time than cut and lose enjoying my food and training.
    If you are pleased with how things are going then keep going...

I would recommend coming down to a TRT dose for 3 months...
    Non-stop tren isn't good for anybody.

You can accomplish plenty with 3 months on and 3 months off...
    I pretty much run 200 test for a month then 80-100mg test for two months after my usually 3 month cycles.

I've spoken to people who've run tren for over a year at high dosages, but I am going to stop and get back to TRT when I run out of winny, and perhaps add some injectable L-carnitine which has a shit load of amazing benefits. You can brew your own at home and its totally legal. Injectable is way more effective than oral. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQftpw6ujlM

Been watching this guy Chase Irons; he offers a membership where he teaches you how to homebrew, which is so cheap compared to everything else. He gives you sources for pharm and hgh, along with everything you need. I want to homebrew my own primo and run that with test when this is all said and done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs1...B5LaqXG2Itl3hw

I've spoken to people who've run tren for over a year at high dosages
    And I smoked 2+ packs a day for nearly 20 years. Doesn’t mean it didn’t do any harm.

Right, but I'm not gonna run tren at those dosages and for much longer actually. Once I'm out of this vial, I'm done with it for a long time.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

This year I got really fat (260lbs) and so I decided to jump on gear and diet in January: 200cyp, 200 tren e. In the middle of January, I added some peptides: Mod GRF and Ipamerelin.

Feb 4th I decided to start a diet when I was 254. I cleaned up what I was eating and lost about 14lbs the first month. Fearing I was losing too fast, I switched to my new maintence of 240lb in March. I posted pics in an earlier thread showing my progress. https://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutr...-am-i-now.html

I upped the Peptides in the middle of March by double. I changed my training a bit from Dorian 1-2 sets, do 3 sets total. I added LISS cardio, 4x a week at 30 mins am after my peptides. Sometimes I skip cardio because my legs are too sore, even though I'm only doing 2.5 mph with no incline, but I've been also moving around more during the day, so it seems sometimes all of that is just too much.

Two weeks ago I added oral Winstrol at 50mg per day. I'm still taking the same amount of everything else. My strength has INCREASED and I am losing fat. This should NOT be happening according to everyone, but it is.

If I were in a caloric deficit, I would be losing size and strength, along with fat, but I am not. My legs have also grown a bit, increasing to 28 inches. I haven't gained any size anywhere else other than my legs.

These pics here are a comparison of March vs April:

These changes are slight, but they are there. I weighed myself at 238 this am. The progress is slow, but I don't care. I could start counting calories and all that, but I don't want to; I just want to enjoy my food and hard training while seeing results. My avatar pic is a result of a diet I did year ago where I counted calories and lost 21 in three months, but it was short lived because I didn't reverse diet and I lost some size for sure.

Now look at this difference these pics are of me at 240 vs 238. So this is February vs last week of April. It cannot be that I just lost 3lbs of total fat in this time.

WTF is happening. Has anyone seen this with a client or experienced this before? Is it because I do am cardio and gym, burn fat, then eat all day to repair, while the tren repartitions nutrients and GH peptides keep me leaner? But none of this should violate the laws of thermodynamics.
    The laws of thermodynamics is not being violated, you just aren’t considering everything.
    Tren also slightly raises your body temperature which means you burn more calories. Your body is complex and will try to adjust to reach an equilibrium. Everyone is different and reacts differently.
    Recomp is possible. In a two month period (from one show to the next), I gained 5 lbs of stage weight and was probably 2% bf less. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t experience it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to my friend who body builds and said the same thing; he basically recomps during his contest prep into a show because of all gear he is on lol.

I'm thinking of adding injectable L-carnitine to really amplify the fat mobilization.

Thread Information