Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: Is farro good for buking?

TheDreamer is offline Associate Member

Is farro good for buking?

I am eating farro 3 times a day. I eat it as for substitute for the rice in my burrito bowls.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    I am eating farro 3 times a day. I eat it as for substitute for the rice in my burrito bowls.
    Honestly, from a macronutrient perspective, they’re so close that it’s irrelevant. It’s literally less than a 15g difference in the carb to protein ratios for 300g of dry grain (~1050 kcals).

It has quite a lot more of many micronutrients than rice as well. So really, if the cost difference isn’t an issue for you, keep at it. That last one is a big part of why rice is so popular. When you can get 33,000 kcals of a carb source for a few dollars, it’s hard to argue with.
    TheDreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    3 times a week I mean. 40g each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Honestly, from a macronutrient perspective, they’re so close that it’s irrelevant. It’s literally less than a 15g difference in the carb to protein ratios for 300g of dry grain (~1050 kcals).

It has quite a lot more of many micronutrients than rice as well. So really, if the cost difference isn’t an issue for you, keep at it. That last one is a big part of why rice is so popular. When you can get 33,000 kcals of a carb source for a few dollars, it’s hard to argue with.
    Thank you!

Thread Information