teedoff is offline Member

Scar tissue on stomach

So a little back story. I've always been chubby. Lol more so around my stomach and torso.

I use to.work out when I was mid thieties but stopped lifting weights when shoulder pain got too much. Did some hiit training (9 rounds) if anyone is familiar with that and lost 50lbs back about 10 years ago. Chsnged jobs, gym closed down so I again stopped working out at all.

I'm now 55 and been back lifting weights again, having rotator cuff repaired. I lost 65 lbs this time and was around 12 % bf last year. But, I've been discouraged because of all the flabbyness still there in my stomach mainly. Also quite a bit under arms as well. My trainer told me that it wasnt fat, but scar tissue or more specifically lack of collagen under my skin and it would never go away without some surgical or non surgical medical procedures. That really deflated my determination. I realize at my age I doubt I'd ever have a 6 pack, but was hoping I could at least have a flat stomach for once in my life.

Trainer put me in contact with a Dr near me that does the j-plasma treatments but of course crazy expensive. There's another similar procedure that might be quite a bit cheaper, but still each area is like 300 to 900 each.

Anyone else dealt with this? Anything I can do other than the procedures recourse?
    Last edited by teedoff; 03-01-2021 at 02:44 PM.

teedoff is offline Member
    Anyone?

Thread Information