sfour_tay is offline Member

Can I really trust my Apple Watch?

I have been using my Apple Watch to track my DEE. It seems to be accurate to me, as I took a day and did pretty much did nothing and my TDEE was pretty close to my REE.

that said I’m just curious what you guys think. I understand it’s not exact but it has been helpful I’m keeping me in my deficit.

With basic google search there are some articles about a university study that found energy trackers were wildly inaccurate, but that was several years ago and I have a hard time believing apple would just put out tech that could so easily be proven as inaccurate.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

RoidKings is offline New Member
    What does it actually measure to do the calculation? Does it just count your steps and use that to add some calories onto your REE? Or is it measuring some other factors too?

sfour_tay is offline Member
    I believe it takes into account you height and weight, as well as age.

I think the main input is your heart rate as far as EE goes. You can select different types of workouts on it and it will give you total cals burned plus your active cals which I guess is more reflective of any activity other than basic body function.
    But I’m not completely sure

Thread Information