Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marsoc

Thread: Significance

Marsoc is offline Productive Member

Significance

I’m sure this question has been answered 1,000 fold but I never asked nor have I ever asked myself if it’s a handicap in my training while aiming for mass.
    I get at least my body weight in protein and not sure how much carbs exactly (who’s counting) but I know it’s double the amount of protein give or take any given day. I’m wondering if calories are as critical? I assume I need 4,300 or so a day being that I weigh 218lbs and I’ve only kept track one day which came out to 4400 and that was a busy day at the zoo and not really having food prepped etc it was a “cheat” day I guess since I never really eat junk but that day roughly half of those calories came from cheese danishes ahahahaah!! Regardless I can eat often but not a whole lot each time and some days I really have to make an effort and force feed myself to get my body weight in protein and even more carbs. I’ve read the calories for the food I eat and I can’t see it being possible to eat that much calories each day without puking.

DO CALORIES MATTER THAT MUCH!?!? Or am I good with whatever calories I get from the food I eat to reach my protein and carbs goals? Meat, fish, pasta, bagels at times, eggs, milk, cheeses, shakes, whatever veggies come my way and the occasional cinnamon roll post workout or in the mornings after my workouts etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 03-08-2022 at 01:53 AM.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I’m sure this question has been answered 1,000 fold but I never asked nor have I ever asked myself if it’s a handicap in my training while aiming for mass.
    I get at least my body weight in protein and not sure how much carbs exactly (who’s counting) but I know it’s double the amount of protein give or take any given day. I’m wondering if calories are as critical? I assume I need 4,300 or so a day being that I weigh 218lbs and I’ve only kept track one day which came out to 4400 and that was a busy day at the zoo and not really having food prepped etc it was a “cheat” day I guess since I never really eat junk but that day roughly half of those calories came from cheese danishes ahahahaah!! Regardless I can eat often but not a whole lot each time and some days I really have to make an effort and force feed myself to get my body weight in protein and even more carbs. I’ve read the calories for the food I eat and I can’t see it being possible to eat that much calories each day without puking.

DO CALORIES MATTER THAT MUCH!?!? Or am I good with whatever calories I get from the food I eat to reach my protein and carbs goals? Meat, fish, pasta, bagels at times, eggs, milk, cheeses, shakes, whatever veggies come my way and the occasional cinnamon roll post workout or in the mornings after my workouts etc.

Thanks in advance.
    By calculating your daily protein, you will already be doing your muscle building homework! But to do lesson number two, it's crucial that you track your daily carb intake (even more so in a muscle-building diet phase). Carbohydrates increase protein synthesis to generate muscle anabolism, you may be thinking, wow my God I'm already eating a lot of carbs when I'm actually not! A guy who is 100 kilos at most needs to bulk up well with 600g of carbs a day from rice, potatoes, oatmeal, beans, cream, rice, cereals, fruit, etc. to really grow! As for whether calories matter, yes they are bro, there are empty calories and dense calories for muscle building.... Empty calories are crackers or any other crap, fast food etc... because most of the calories come from of oil that undergoes a hydrogenation process. Now the dense calories you get from real food or better called (macronutrients). As you already know that carbohydrate, protein and fat that provides calories is a unit of measurement" you have to try to get them cleanly as this will reflect on your physique if you abuse any type of food you see ahead, accumulate a lot of body fat. Your diet fats also have to come from good sources like avocado, chestnuts, etc. So, I say it again in my humble opinion, because I'm not even a reputable coach to teach you something.. Yes, calories matter a lot. ...Don't worry about weighing everything you eat, you can measure rice, oatmeal, beans etc by cup.. Only your protein sources are weighed on the digital kitchen scale for accuracy.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Yeah I get all that I figure if I’m getting enough protein and carb from food Whole Foods then I’m prob getting enough calories. I did the math one day and I’m def getting enough. At least 3,800 calories a day from all that stuff ya mentioned. Much appreciated my friend .
    JaneDoe likes this.

Thread Information