Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ol_Wolf
  • 2 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By Ol_Wolf
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By Ol_Wolf
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Help, I got a Randy from the trailer park boys pot belly. How do i lose it fast? &...

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Help, I got a Randy from the trailer park boys pot belly. How do i lose it fast? &...

Help, I got a Randy from the trailer park boys pot belly. How do i lose it fast? &...

I also got one of these thingys lately....
    Men Waist Trainer Trimmer for Weight Loss stomach Compression Body Shaper Sweat Belt

these things have been around off the top of my head since the 1990s or maybe sooner....

but the one I bought has more compression and is tighter than the beige / tan counterparts I used to see at the drug store in like 1991

Contrary to one customer service review, the outline is visible so, it's not something you can wear outside to temporarily mask a pot belly until a permanent solution is reached.

But is the fact that these compression belts make the belly sweat while like doing cardio...? how much is this Myth or an old wives tale?

I think I will have to put more energy into depriving myself of calories go on a real dire Fast as depriving oneself of calories is actually a faster way to lose body fat compared with cardio alone, *but obviously I will do both a fast and cardio

i'm not sure where this pot belly came from, it just snuck up on me
    Luckily, and genetically, I have always had a thin chisled face, so the belly fat is not something that makes me hideous.
    i bought an e-book also on how to get rid of a pot belly

Is there any way to also lose more than the suggested healthy amount of 2 pounds per week?

I'm at 208 pounds right now, at 5 feet 10 inches..... I hope to get to 198 pounds by early July 2022

Thanks in advance for any help on the compression belt and any any Focused Blitz on burning this really funny looking pot belly

what i meant about the myth and old wives tale" is that do compression belts designed to compress the belly and make it sweat more,

is....does that actually work?

i do know the dude Kyle Greene who still trains but doesn't compete, that pro bodybuilder the african american dude,
    he would train always with a hoodie back in the day inside the gym to sweat more,
    not sure if sweating more is something that burns fat or is just myth

if anyone knows either a paperbacck book or an e-book on the best way to lose belly fat, maybe you can drop the title here? ______

thanks again

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Only way I have ever been able to seriously loose weight was following a strict macro diet. I tend to loose the fastest on low fat, but others seem to do better on low carb diets. Then you throw in some progressive cardo till you hit your goal weight. First time I did this I went from 180 lbs to 147 lbs in 2 months. Started with 30 minutes of cardio a day and 2000 calories a day. After 2 months was on 1600 calories and two 1 hour cardio sessions a day!

Felt great, but looked like shit. The wife said I looked like death warmed over and that didn't change till I gradually made it up to 165 with some muscle!

This was like 6 years ago and now I'm up over 190 and could stand to loose some, but we are going to see how TRT, gym, and just trying to make better diet decisions works before going full out war on my body!
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cardio and diet is all you need

Thanks so much, Redz

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Cardio and diet is all you need
    Thanks so much, Redz

It's interesting that a person can actually lose more weight through diet than cardio, although both are important in tandem

Back in 2014, I had some severe depression, and was a medical marijuana addict here in California

I would sleep 12 hours a day, pop melatonin get some weed, and even smoked Marlboro lights

In 2 months time, during this rut, I had slept so much, and deadened my taste buds with cigarettes (curbing my appetite as a result of cig smoking)

That I went from 210 pounds to 180 lbs.

This is what I am taking in the attachment

Not sure if the creamy alfredo sauce is healthy or not, but hey, the portions are small, it has 320 calories, 19 grams of proteins, 9 grams of fat total (3.5 grams saturated fat), 4 grams of sugar, 830 mgs of sodium

If I feel hungry, I top it off with 1 or 2 or 3 apples at 80 calories each: apples are a well-known appetite - curber

attachment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help, I got a Randy from the trailer park boys pot belly. How do i lose it fast? &...-shimp-alfredo-lean-cuisine.jpg  

You would be worlds ahead and feel better if you learned how to calculate your TDEE and properly calculated calories for loosing weight. Also learn how to cook now and it will take you further once you actually reach goal weight. You can't just make weight loss the journey or it will come back with more a lot quicker than you think. You have to learn how to eat and how to cook. Will that keep you skinny? No, but it will slow the weight gain down and let you make adjustments a lot easier.

Also boxed meals have so much sodium in them that it is ridiculous. Sodium will promote water retention and the bloated look!

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    Thanks so much, Redz

It's interesting that a person can actually lose more weight through diet than cardio, although both are important in tandem

Back in 2014, I had some severe depression, and was a medical marijuana addict here in California

I would sleep 12 hours a day, pop melatonin get some weed, and even smoked Marlboro lights

In 2 months time, during this rut, I had slept so much, and deadened my taste buds with cigarettes (curbing my appetite as a result of cig smoking)

Not sure if the creamy alfredo sauce is healthy or not, but hey, the portions are small, it has 320 calories, 19 grams of proteins, 9 grams of fat total (3.5 grams saturated fat), 4 grams of sugar, 830 mgs of sodium

If I feel hungry, I top it off with 1 or 2 or 3 apples at 80 calories each: apples are a well-known appetite - curber

attachment
    Atrophy is a poor choice of ways to lose weight. Remember losing weight is not necessarily good. You want to lose fat.

Starving yourself thin will leave you with no muscle.

Thanks so much, Redz

attachment
    I kind of had an idea, that any type of food inside a bag, or box, no matter how healthy its label says it is, is really bad for the entire bod

This is from a glance of a book "The Healthy Heart Cure" by Chauncy Crandall.

Thanks for your advice. Im 50 so I will look into this later what you wrote, I'm not really hip with the abbreviation nation going on LoL

the microwave kind in a box or bag is what i meant.

Anyone have a good book on how to lose fat and keep muscle?

I have one put away and have to look for it

Something easy to follow, like an Idiots Guide

I might have to go to the father of bodybuildings books Joe Weider, r.i.p., he's the most trusted source in this regard.

this is the book: lose fat while gaining muscle; i bought it in like 2012, it took me a very long time to found it
    and for a thin book i paid a kings ransom]]

it was published b y muscle and fitness mag

maybe it's a good one, gonna load up on energy supp's and find the time to finally read it, absorb it, and apply it!

pic attachment follows...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help, I got a Randy from the trailer park boys pot belly. How do i lose it fast? &...-288588087_5009299755863111_7352953997587262059_n.jpg  

actually ironman mag is who published it (my fault)

Anyone have a good book on how to lose fat and keep muscle?
    Actually if you look into the sticky threads here you will find just about everything you need to know on how to lose weight without losing a lot of muscle and that is weather you are natural, SARMS , Steroids ,...

I say without losing a lot of muscle as from everything I have read if you are losing weight naturally you will lose some muscle, just no way naturally for the body to build muscle while in a calorie deficit that is required in order to lose weight. Your Diet and exercise routine though will determine how much muscle. Once you throw Anabolics and such into the mix the body can re-act in a less natural way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol_Wolf View Post
    Actually if you look into the sticky threads here you will find just about everything you need to know on how to lose weight without losing a lot of muscle and that is weather you are natural, SARMS , Steroids ,...

I say without losing a lot of muscle as from everything I have read if you are losing weight naturally you will lose some muscle, just no way naturally for the body to build muscle while in a calorie deficit that is required in order to lose weight. Your Diet and exercise routine though will determine how much muscle. Once you throw Anabolics and such into the mix the body can re-act in a less natural way though.
    Thanks for all your good info, Ole Wolf. You sure packed a punch in a small bit of time.

Update: I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 2.5 weeks which is a rate of 3 - 4 lbs a week.

Today I weighed 202 lbs done from 212 lbs.

I've done this by lots of sleep, as I'm clinically depressed & it just takes some valium family at a small dose at those 25 mg unisom, to help me sleep more. When somebody is sleeping they don't crave anything. I've been able to kick habits like this, till either the cannabis was out of my system or the nicotene etc.

I've also added bitter coffee to my diet which deadens the taste buds and works the metabolic system, plus an apple or a banana in the morning.

This may not be healthy, but the apartment complex in which I live, my AC unit broke on its own, so even with the 4-5 air fans, and 1 swamp cooler, I feel kind of out of it psychologically.

This is temporary until I get back into the groove again psychologically which would help if I have normal circ rythm of sleeping at like 10 pm awaking at 6 am etc

Like I said, it may not be healthy,....and I'll end up losing muscle mass and body fat, but at least I can get build back like from ground zero. Never ever eating red meat, or cheese and preparing my foods (meal prep) with tupperware etc. (and none of that microwaveable crap, no matter how lean it says-- I do think that creamy Alfredo Sauce could be very unhealthy)

But I can get back into it, as a child I grew up in the late 70s with the old school bodybuilding mag's and often like Jhoon Rhee martial arts master can do 70 to 100 pushups all at once per day at the half century age

May God bless you 3 - fold or more for you and the other gentleman's advice.

Have a great productive weekend

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I don't know if this will make sense to you, but it is easier to get stronger while losing fat, than gaining muscle while losing fat.

A lot of people find they can train their CNS to accept more strain and stimulation, then when their weight is down, they generally pack on decent muscle with a proper diet that requires constant adjustments or tweaks.

Keeping muscle while losing weight can be done and is easier than building muscle while losing weight. Both are possible, one is just much easier for most people.

As far as your belly band, I personally feel it's more of a tool to hide bf than it is to lose bf. However, I have no experience with one, so I may be incorrect.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information