nmk85roll is offline Associate Member

Cutting Diet Tweaking

Hey guys, I've been on a cutting diet for 6 weeks now along with some prop/fina/winny cycle. I'm about 175 at 5'9" with 8-10% bf. Here is my current diet broken up into seperate meals...
    Calories Protein Carbs Fat

Oatmeal 150 5 27 3
    Protein x2 230 40 8 4
    Milk *.75 60 6 8 0

Peanut Butter x2 400 14 14 32

Sirloin Hamburger 210 34 0 8
    Buffalo Burger 150 24 1 5

Eggs x2 140 12 2 8
    Tuna 60 13 0 0.5
    Flax Seed 130 0 0 14

Chicken x2 220 44 0 2

Salad 100 1.5 5 9
    Dextrose 70 0 18 0
    Protein x2 230 40 8 4
    Milk *.75 60 6 8 0

TOTALS 2210 239.5 99 89.5

I want to add cottage cheese as a last meal right before I go to bed. It's about 100 cals, 20g protein, and 1g fat. I'm also thinking about cutting out the natty peanut butter and moving the eggs to that early meal instead, also adding a third egg.

Do you guys think this would be a good change? I haven't really been dropping any bf lately. It will cut my calories to just above 2000.

Thanks guys for your input.

RayL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nmk85roll
    Hey guys, I've been on a cutting diet for 6 weeks now along with some prop/fina/winny cycle. I'm about 175 at 5'9" with 8-10% bf.

Thanks guys for your input.

I know this may sound crazy, but here is my 2 cents. I know a guy who is 2.5 weeks out from competition. He is about 5'11" 205lbs and recently cut his intake to around 1500 cals/day (200g protein, 125g carbs, 22g fat). At 5 weeks out he was at 200g protein, 150g carbs, 25g fat. He is also doing 2-50 minute sessions of cardio/day and weight training 4-5 times per week. He is freakin ripped. I know he has lost several pounds of fat this past month with only small losses in strength but endurance has fallen drastically. I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if you are already in the single digits for body fat %, then it might require a significant decrease in calories and increase in cardio if you really want to go lower.

Quote Originally Posted by RayL
    I know this may sound crazy, but here is my 2 cents. I know a guy who is 2.5 weeks out from competition. He is about 5'11" 205lbs and recently cut his intake to around 1500 cals/day (200g protein, 125g carbs, 22g fat). At 5 weeks out he was at 200g protein, 150g carbs, 25g fat. He is also doing 2-50 minute sessions of cardio/day and weight training 4-5 times per week. He is freakin ripped. I know he has lost several pounds of fat this past month with only small losses in strength but endurance has fallen drastically. I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if you are already in the single digits for body fat %, then it might require a significant decrease in calories and increase in cardio if you really want to go lower.
    I am curiuos to know what you guys think about such a low caloric intake. Is this normal?

hybrid is offline Member
    1500 cals a day would start to get very catabolic, very quick. Plus it slows the metabolism down a ton. Your body basically goes into starvation mode to conserve fat. I would guess that alot of your buddy's weightloss is coming from the two cardio sessions. Some more calories at well timed intervals would most likely not effect fat loss and would most likely provide more energy to make up for the lack of endurance he is feeling now. But you do what you must that close to a comp. I am assuming that your buddy will be increasing those cals dramatically after the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    1500 cals a day would start to get very catabolic, very quick. Plus it slows the metabolism down a ton. Your body basically goes into starvation mode to conserve fat. I would guess that alot of your buddy's weightloss is coming from the two cardio sessions. Some more calories at well timed intervals would most likely not effect fat loss and would most likely provide more energy to make up for the lack of endurance he is feeling now. But you do what you must that close to a comp. I am assuming that your buddy will be increasing those cals dramatically after the comp.
    Definately will be increasing his cal intake after comp.

Thread Information