Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Fast and slow digestion of protein

the.muscled.lawyer is offline Associate Member

Fast and slow digestion of protein

Hi everyone

Simple question :

1) If the body can only absorb 10 gr of whey/hour, why people take 40 gr of whey ?

It will take 4 hours to make the body absorbing them.

Maybe is it better to take 10gr and after one hour 40 gr of casein which will provide 7gr/hour to the body.

2) if it takes 1 hour to absorb 10 gr, why to take a slow protein like casein ?

Just take 50 gr of whey and it will be enough for the whole day since you will be in anabolism for hours.

3) if the research has found out that a mix of whey and casein are the most powerful combo for protein absorption, why brands don t sell mix of whey/casein protein ? Business matters ?

Thank you for your answers.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by the.muscled.lawyer View Post
    Hi everyone

Simple question :

1) If the body can only absorb 10 gr of whey/hour, why people take 40 gr of whey ?

Maybe is it better to take 10gr and after one hour 40 gr of casein which will provide 7gr/hour to the body.

Just take 50 gr of whey and it will be enough for the whole day since you will be in anabolism for hours.

3) if the research has found out that a mix of whey and casein are the most powerful combo for protein absorption, why brands don t sell mix of whey/casein protein ? Business matters ?

Some places do sell a blend. For example, True Nutrition allows you to make custom blends using casein, whey, egg white, grass fed beef, hemp protein, pea protein, etc.

There are several premixed whey/casein blends available from several companies..
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Hi everyone

Simple question :

There are numerous studies that post contradictory amounts.

Here's another viewpoint for reference:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5828430/
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

The authors, Schoenfeld and Aragon are two of the best in this realm, in my opinion.
    One thing that is not mentioned in the article is that BCAA’s help in the absorption of protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone likes this.

Some places do sell a blend. For example, True Nutrition allows you to make custom blends using casein, whey, egg white, grass fed beef, hemp protein, pea protein, etc.

There are several premixed whey/casein blends available from several companies..
    Yes but is not common...

It makes sense :

I personally feel that 20 gr of whey are digested after 30 min
    Last edited by the.muscled.lawyer; 09-22-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Yes but is not common...
    Actually, it is, but moreso online.
    I know I've seen it at the local Walmart/Sam's Club, GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe. Like most other items, it is just a click away online @ Amazon, BB supplement sites, etc.

It makes sense :

I personally feel that 20 gr of whey are digested after 30 min
    Fo most whey or egg white proteins, I agree.

Thread Information