teedoff is offline Member

meal replacement shakes

What are you guy's thoughts on meal replacement shakes/products. Ones like Huel and the like. Mainly thinking about drinking those in place of breakfast, plus the added benefit of all the vitamins and minerals they put in them.

Pros? Cons?

Maybe just stick with a whey protein shake and throw in some stuff to beef it up?

2 is offline New Member
    Hey

Sometimes in a rush I do a 'beefed up shake'. Whey, milk, oats, banana, creatine, peanut butter if I have some. Think it's a pretty standard option ..... Pro's, it's probably healthier than a pre-made product, plus you know what's in it. Con's, takes marginally longer to make (and you need blender)

Crest
    Last edited by 2; 01-16-2023 at 10:02 AM.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    If you put banana in the blender it goes mush and makes the shake thicker and harder to drink ( i used to make like almost 1 L shakes). Its easier to drink if its more liquid. So i started to just eat the banana on the side if i want and not put it into the shake. Milk, whey and oats are the most important ingridients imo

teedoff is offline Member
    I try not to drink a lot of milk. Cow or other faux milks gas me up bad. Coconut doesn't but tastes like crap. Lol Bananas do as well, but not as bad.

Think I'll just grab some vitamins from work, and create my own shakes. I love using pb2 with my protein powder. I can throw in egg whites and vitamins as well. Trick I guess is getting enough calories for a full meal replacement and still keeping fat and carbs low enough.

Thread Information