Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By RigPig

Thread: Help me help someone else loose weight

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Help me help someone else loose weight

So this kid i work with needs to loose weight. my ass is sorta on the line if he doesn't drop about 7lbs by the 13th.

he's 28.3 percent body fat and he weighs 172 lbs. he's 25, 5'5" and caucasian. right now i have him between 1500 and 1600 calories. based on his body fat his BMR comes in right around 1500 calories. i need a hand with this kid because this is nothing like me and i'm basing what i'm doing off myself. he is only the second person i have helped and the first one gave up. he has stopped loosing weight, and he wants to. i hesitate to bring him below 1500 calories, but it makes sense to do so right? i was thinking about taking him lower, but giving him (1) cheat meal during the week. whatever he wants in one sitting. is it the right time to give him cheat meals? they always helped me reset, but i've never had to drop below 1500 calories. grown men are not supposed to consume less than that right? the thing is this kid is 5'5 and he doesnt look super fat. he's got enourmous love handles for his size though. seems like all of his weight is there not that it matters where it is.

his macro break out is like so

40% protein (128g)
    40% carbs (120g)
    20% fat (33g)
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 04-03-2023 at 10:20 PM.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    So this kid i work with needs to loose weight. my ass is sorta on the line if he doesn't drop about 7lbs by the 13th.

he's 28.3 percent body fat and he weighs 172 lbs. he's 25, 5'5" and caucasian. right now i have him between 1500 and 1600 calories. based on his body fat his BMR comes in right around 1500 calories. i need a hand with this kid because this is nothing like me and i'm basing what i'm doing off myself. he is only the second person i have helped and the first one gave up. he has stopped loosing weight, and he wants to. i hesitate to bring him below 1500 calories, but it makes sense to do so right? i was thinking about taking him lower, but giving him (1) cheat meal during the week. whatever he wants in one sitting. is it the right time to give him cheat meals? they always helped me reset, but i've never had to drop below 1500 calories. grown men are not supposed to consume less than that right? the thing is this kid is 5'5 and he doesnt look super fat. he's got enourmous love handles for his size though. seems like all of his weight is there not that it matters where it is.

his macro break out is like so

40% protein (128g)
    40% carbs (120g)
    20% fat (33g)
    Dropping 9 pounds in 7 days... that's a challenge.

Why is your ass sorta on the line? Are you training him or what?

Dropping muscle is gonna happen to meet that goal... is that acceptable? That is, are you driving to a number or a more general fitness goal?
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    yes. I am training him. he is under my charge. i'm responsible for his development. We are in the military. right now it's all about a number. we'll work on fitness once he drops the weight. if he doesn't drop the weight, it wont reflect greatly on me and his life will become pretty miserable because he'll be categoriezed as a fat body and put on a body composition program that's built around tons of cardio. he will literally look like a stick when they are done with him. there is also stigma attached to it. it's a shameful thing to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    yes. I am training him. he is under my charge. i'm responsible for his development. We are in the military. right now it's all about a number. we'll work on fitness once he drops the weight. if he doesn't drop the weight, it wont reflect greatly on me and his life will become pretty miserable because he'll be categoriezed as a fat body and put on a body composition program that's built around tons of cardio. he will literally look like a stick when they are done with him. there is also stigma attached to it. it's a shameful thing to be.
    Then it sounds like dehydration and laxatives are on the near term radar. That is, spend some time in a sauna right before weigh in, and make sure he poops and pees RIGHT BEFORE weigh in. No food before weigh in. In a perfect world, he would wake up in the morning, poop and pee, spend 30 minutes in a sauna, rinse and dry, then walk right to weigh in.

You're probably thinking "this is a horrible plan!" You would be right, but you are in the spot you are in. You are asking how to make that number, dropping over a pound a day, this is one way of getting close. Dangerous. But any method to get 2 months of weight loss in 7 days will not be healthy.

Are you a certified trainer or just helping him out?

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    More cardio and PT is exactly what he needs. It’s on him to want to loose the weight. 2 a days will help. Tell him to quit being a porky little bitch and get after it. His self esteem and country depend on it lol.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Then it sounds like dehydration and laxatives are on the near term radar. That is, spend some time in a sauna right before weigh in, and make sure he poops and pees RIGHT BEFORE weigh in. No food before weigh in. In a perfect world, he would wake up in the morning, poop and pee, spend 30 minutes in a sauna, rinse and dry, then walk right to weigh in.

You're probably thinking "this is a horrible plan!" You would be right, but you are in the spot you are in. You are asking how to make that number, dropping over a pound a day, this is one way of getting close. Dangerous. But any method to get 2 months of weight loss in 7 days will not be healthy.

Are you a certified trainer or just helping him out?
    This of course includes intense exercise and diet modifications.

No refeed until after weigh in.

Blog Entries
    yes, for the last weigh in he dehydrated and stopped eating. how about calories? i had him drop to 1400 calories and no more than 1500 per day. he's asking me if he should PT 3 times a day. i dont think that's a good idea, but his BMR is right around 1400 calories. it blew my mind. his skeletal muscle mass is 71 lbs. he's 5'5". he's 30% bodyfat (a walking jelly dohnut) I'm taking time off work, but he's leading others and he's doing a good job at keeping going with our routines. posted below. I'm just helping him out. all (4) of them actually. my trainer certification expired many years ago. to be honest, they are all in poor physical condition. boarding on failing the PFT and getting 6105s. their are 4 in total and they each really suck at at least one event of the PFT. i'd rather do my own thing, but it's part of my job to get them into shape and teach them.

-weekends: i always invite them to the gym on saturday. some show up. at least 1 always. the fat one actually.

-weeks: Pool in the morning/0600, regular laps, 1 lap submarines, 10 minutes treading water, 1 lap u boats, using just legs, or just arms to swim or tread, etc. the pool routine isn't completely structured. we just keep up intensity and look for diversity. i should structure it. sometimes we run in the morning and swim in the afternoon.

-afternoon or sometimes morning to switch it up: no matter what we always get in a run of 4 miles during the week and 6 miles on fridays. we have days off to recover, but not many.
    -body weight ex: 500 jumpin jacks, 80 jump lunges, 120 push ups. 400 burpees, and 8 total minutes of planks.
    -and on some days we'll do weight lifting-upper body or lower body from this here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trash.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	182474

my apologies for the shit spelling.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 04-07-2023 at 05:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    hey i've just been updated. he's 168lb in the morning now. he's confident he'll make weight next week by Wed or before.

Thread Information