bsmith918 is offline New Member

Question Female intake questions

Hey everyone, I need help with an eating plan for my sister. She recently had a baby and is looking to increase muscle and decrease bodyfat. The thing is, she has never even been close to being overweight and actually lost weight through the pregnancy. She has always been in very good shape and all-stated in 3 different sports in high school as well as played in college. Her stats are 5'6" 125 lbs. She is about 30 yrs old and has worked out daily for around 15 yrs. She does 45 min. of cardio daily at a moderate level. The problem is that she only crap and not much at that. I have finally got her talked into taking her diet seriously. What amount of calories should she consume as well as how much of what. Also any weight-training advice would be nice. Thanks

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well how long ago did she have the baby? Has the doctor cleared her yet? If it hasn't been at least 6 weeks since she's had the baby I recommend nothing but rest and let her eat whatever the hell she wants! Now if it's been awhile and the doctor cleared her, tell her to slowly implement eating clean and perphaps activities that include the baby like taking walks. Or if she's looking for a break away from the baby than maybe the gym.

bsmith918 is offline New Member
    She's not a big baby person, that's her husband. She's been cleared, not to mention that she never stopped doing her cardio. In fact she increased the amount of cardio. But yes she has been cleared.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Training after giving birth

This is something that I have had first hand expereince with. (Well not me actually but while training those who have given birth) The one thing that I have noticed is women tend to fall into the old clique "I'm eating for 2" or " I'm going to gain fat anyway so why fight it?" This is very self distructive but it dose not appear to be the case with your sister. Actually unless there are unuseual cirmunstance with the developing baby it is ok to work out after the first 3 months. ( And I would be willing to bet dallors to nickels her doctor would agree) Once the stage of developement for the fetus has pasted this point and the baby is actually a baby and not a little embroyee clinging to the wall of the uterus all is fine with working out. There were several women in our gym that worked out all the way up until several days before they gave birth and then came back immedialty afterwards. Actaully that is one of the first things doctors will recommend IMMEDIALTY after birth is to have the female up a walking in an attempt to streach and lossen muscles that were constricted so hard during the birthing process. The important thing for her to rememeber about coming back after she has given bith is that her body is producing hormones in otherwise unuseual amounts and there are certain areas such as fatty tiisue in the breast ect that will be a little more diffcult to trim down. This to can be addequatly address though as long as she chooses not to breast feed which will only prolong the hormone development in her body.

It appears that she has no problem with acctually doing the workout outs and this is really a good thing. Depression can really bring one's overall workout plans to a stand still and women are prone to have depression bouts during this time right after a birth. As far as proper diet goes their really is more info needed but I would have her shoot one of the female mods a pm requesting thier aid. Many of them have been in this same circumstance and know what your sister is going through with all the many female problems assocaited with this time such as premenstral cycles ect all which pay a VERY important role in weight reduction ect. I wish her well and good luck.
    Tobey

Thread Information