cleverlandshark2001 is offline Junior Member

Question 6'1",245...looking to get under 230...diet advice???

What would you guys recommend as far as:
    Cals p/day?
    Carbs p/day?
    Protein p/cay?
    Fats p/day?

I was thinking of keeping my cals between 1500-2000 p/day.
    Sound good?

Let's hear some advice from those who've done it!
    Thanx!

Here's a plan I want to set up (not very detailed):

6 cardio cal/car/pro
    9 met-rx bar 320/50/30
    12 met-rx bar 320/50/30
    3 lift/cardio
    6 meal (varied) 500/?/?
    9 myoplex shake w/milk 500/60/60

In addition:
    6 crearibose caps p/day
    6 glutamine caps p/day
    1 vitamin in the am
    1 gal water p/day
    theromogenics when needed

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey bro...you're obviously experience or have done your homework. Here's my .02. Last year I dropped 40lbs in 2 months by dieting strictly and doing cardio...no AAS . Towards the end I was eating only 1000-1100 cals per day and my daily intake of carbs was lower than my fat intake (I was averaging 220g protein, 40g fat - mostly flax seed oil and only 30g carbs). I got results but lost muscle size and strength (dramatically). But I did learn. I would recommend a couple of things. Based on a daily caloric allowence of 2000 calories (if you go below this you will risk losing muscle as well as fat) your protein/carbs/fats ratio should be about 55/30/15 = 275g protein/150g carbs/33-35g fat divided into 6 evenly spaced meals. Once every two weeks have a carb up day...bump you're carb intake to 300-400 for the day. Try to get the majority of your protein from whole foods such as chicken breasts, tuna, lean beef, egg whites, fish and a good whey protein suppliment. Try to steer away from meal replacements and bars unless they are absolutely neccesary. Carbs should be from complex carbs such as brown rice or pasta, sweet potato and oats. Fats should come from sources such as egg yolks, flax seed oil, olive oil, almonds, natural peanut butter. Always perform cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (or after popping a couple ECA mimicking tabs-OTC variety is fine) or directly after lifting. BTW are you supplimenting with AAS or are you training natural?

Thanx for your post!

Very valid info coming from a seasoned veteran!!!

Thanx bro.

Diet starts today!

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    one major suggestion whoch keeps my diet on point. PRE-COOK your food. Every sateday its a ritual. I go to costco, get about 10 lbs of chicken breasts, 15 sweet potatoes, brown rice, lettuce, tuna, and salsa. I grill up the WHOLE package of chicken. Steam a huge bag of rice, and bake all my potatoes for the week. That way all my meals for the week are cooked, quick and hard to stray from!!!! its when my food is not there when I have those pizza and burger cravings!!!! BAD

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Thats a really good tip Gorilla and is what I have started doing.Like you say if it is already there in the fridge all you have to do is grab it on the way out for work.

Petes info is spot on nothing I can add to that!!

Billy

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

hi guys

girlfriend is a good cook, so i may eat chicken 7/7 but she prepars it differently all the time.

We bough some cook books so its easier too.

i try to eat good foods but variaty is the key to stop bordom

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Absolutely pre-cook your food... I hate leftovers and never even considered this. But now that I have started doing it on my new program's diet its the only way to go...
    If your opening your fridge without knowing exactly what your going to eat ... you will cheat and drift from your program. especially when you dont have the time for cooking... I use boned and skinned chicken breast , with seasonings like Mrs dash... Seal it in tin foil and bake for an hour... after I just nuke a piece peel the skin off and enjoy..... The moistest chicken I have ever had ..... Baked potatoes are great for a week in fridge as well.... Rice is relatively quick to prepare and I will make that when I desire .... doesnt store well enough for me... Good Luck ...

poppapump58 is offline Member

clen

hey man, add some clenbuteral to your diet and you will be down to 230 in no time. I just started clen about two weeks ago and I have dropped from 210 to 198 and my strength has increased. I have also lost a considerable amount of bodyfat. Clen is the shit.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No flame intended bro...but if he wanted to know what was the best drug to use he would have asked this question in the Steroid Forum. No doubt clen works...but why start unless you've already exhausted your bodies natural ability to burn fat (unless your on a time line...contest or something).

Pete

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good point Pete might as well wait until you can,t lose anymore naturally then hit Clen .

MarkyMark is offline Member

Thumbs up

Right on Pete ... Even with any supps ( otc or not ) action is required ... If your whole deal is using supps to acomplish anything you just don't have a drive neccesary to succeed . You must be able to :

1. Give a 100% in your scheduled workout .
    2. Stay on that schedule .
    3. Eat in a matter to achieve the goal you have set out to achieve
    4. Get sufficient rest time to regenerate your body .

The pyramid is still in effect regardless of what we may take in addition to our program .
    If your trying to take this seriously then make your eating regimen #1( Your diet is the most important thing you must focus on comprising 80% of your set goal; gaining or losing) your workout #2( setting a workout specific to your goal is also very important ) and your rest #3 ...
    Cardio and diet are crucial for success in leaning out or precontest prep .... Focus on whole foods and not Clen ... If your competing you may need the extra edge to win , but if your not, You will look Damn Good without it... The are other threads in the Supps section that will aid you from going catabolic thru your diet .......The others Here above had some great advice try some of it out .... good luck

Thread Information