buffmike is offline Junior Member

My macros for cutting...quick opinions needed!!??

I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I am 6'2, 10-11% bf, 205 pds. I am trying to cut down (6-8 weeks) about 5-10 pds before I go on my bulking cycle.
    Maintenance calories (based on 3 different equations)-3400-3700 cals

So i figure cutting would be good around 2900-3000 cals a day, with one carb up day during the week consisting of 450 g's of carbs and around 3900 cals.

So here are my cutting macros.

Fat-70g's protein-350-400 carbs-180-200 (around body weight)

any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your carbs look kinda high dependent on when u are eating them, and the answer to the next question which is......... is that a day you train or a day off?? Mine (meals) are never the same everyday when cutting. Make sure you have the right kind of carbs in your program, and that you have them at the correct times as well to help your efforts. Timing indeed is everything.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-09-2003 at 08:18 AM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Swole is right...type of carbs and timing are two of the important factors when carb intake is concerned. IMO, I would drop the carb amt. down a bit if looking to cut, but I think that I am more 'carb-sensitive" than others.

buffmike is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Your carbs look kinda high dependent on when u are eating them, and the answer to the next question which is......... is that a day you train or a day off?? Mine (meals) are never the same everyday when cutting. Make sure you have the right kind of carbs in your program, and that you have them at the correct times as well to help your efforts. Timing indeed is everything.

~SC~
    The 200 g's goes as follows. 42 in the morning from oatmeal. 65 post workout immediatly after I train with dextrose. 42 an hour later from oatmeal. The remainder come from veggies and the left over 1 or 2g's in my shakes throughout the day.

Do you train in the morning? Not for sure, but you might be better moving the 1st carb meal to pre workout meal. Then have your 2 pwo meals with your carbs.....after you lift weights.

I workout at night, so I don't eat carbs all day, then I have a pre workout meal which consists of 27 grams of carbs(1/2 cup oats), and after the gym I have my post workout shake, then 1 hour later I hvae my big bowl of rice (45g carbs) with turkey, then I hit the sack!!

Thread Information