Thread: dinner question

massad is offline New Member

dinner question

hi guys, i got a question. What are some good foods to eat for dinner?

Currently i usually eat tuna, or chicken strips or chicken breasts with vegetables to get my carbs in at night, but it's starting to really get on my nerves because i am such a bread or rice at night lover (although I never do it anymore ).

If you guys could give some tasty recommendations, I would really appreciate it. Oh, and in case you guys want to know what my goals are, they are to maintain what i currently have, maybe drop a little body fat, but somewhere in that area.

Thank You

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    A good juicy steak (grilled perferable cooked medium to medium rare) along with a side dish of baked sweet potatoes ( seasoned only with a little butter, nutra sweet and a dash of cinnamon)
    Any form of green vegatables (I like broccolli steamed)
    Topped off with a moderate size garden salad

Tobey

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing like a steak or very lean ground beef.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobey
    A good juicy steak (grilled perferable cooked medium to medium rare) along with a side dish of baked sweet potatoes ( seasoned only with a little butter, nutra sweet and a dash of cinnamon)
    Any form of green vegatables (I like broccolli steamed)
    Topped off with a moderate size garden salad

Tobey
    AHHH yes steak and potaoes, doesn't get any better than that. I think you might get a little more info on this if you included you stats. Like me I have metabolism like the speed of light, and one of my favs is homade pizza pockets. I remember reading a good recipe in the subforum Recipe's. Tobey definitly is the man to ask!

massad is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    AHHH yes steak and potaoes, doesn't get any better than that. I think you might get a little more info on this if you included you stats. Like me I have metabolism like the speed of light, and one of my favs is homade pizza pockets. I remember reading a good recipe in the subforum Recipe's. Tobey definitly is the man to ask!
    my stats are:

5'8
    9 - 11% body fat

been lifting for couple of years.

i have a question regarding the potatoes, does it have to be sweet potatoes or could it be regular potatoes? And also, if i eat it at like 7pm or maybe on some days at 8pm, would it be considered too many carbs at that time?

Thanks for all your replies guys

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I would think your like me and just bulking up in which regular potatoes are just fine, and pizza(mainly because of the bread content) are great carb sources. I don't like sweet potatoes so I go with regular baked with some sour cream, chopped broccoli and cheese. But thats for skinny guys like me not for guys cutting.

Thread Information