British Bulldog is offline Junior Member

Please critique my cutting diet

I am currently in the process of a clenbuterol /xenadrine cycle 2 weeks/2 weeks for 8 weeks. I would appreciate some constructive criticism of my diet.

this is my daily diet:-

protein carbs fat calories

meal 1:
    protein shake 25g 1.5g 2. 125
    1 slice bread 3g 20g 0.5g 95
    meal 2:
    tuna sandwich (2 slices bread, 1 tin tuna)
    2 slices bread 6g 40g 1g 190
    1 tin tuna 25g 0 0.5g 105
    meal 3:
    same as above
    2 slice bread 6g 40g 1g 190
    meal 4:
    1 slice bread 3g 20g 0.5g 95
    protein shake 25g 1.5g 2g 125
    pre training:
    after training:
    meal 5:
    skinless chicken 31g 0 1g 130
    meal 6:
    1/2 pint milk 7.5g 12.5g 4.2g 125

total: 231.5g 138.5g 18g 1640 cals

I am on my fourth day of this diet, I have been increasing my clenbuterol dosage by one a day. I haven't experienced any side effects so far although I am feeling very weak which is probably due to lack of carbs. I am going to moniter how much weight I lose, if I lose too much too quickly I will up the carb intake a little.

any advise is welcome, thanks.

Stats:
    5ft10", 183lbs, 25yrs.
    I'm hoping to lose about 10 pounds on this diet.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I for one would cut out the bread in your diet completely. Dependoing on your present stats, the protien intake sounds ok at this point.( I added up somewhere around 240 grams per day.) Try throughing in some flax seed oil. About a tablespoon once or twice a day should be fine. What are you present stats? Your present cardio routine? These are important factors in determining weather or not a diet "looks good" or not. If tuna gets old you can throw in some baked fish for a different variety. There are hundreds of different receiepes in the reciepe section that might help if you have any questions on how to prepare it.
    Tobey

Opps just saw your post of your stats Bulldog. At your present age, your metabolism should be high enough to lose the weight you want to. Just be sure to keep your cardio up. If you begin to lose muscle mass, increase the protein intake and hit the weights a little harder. Goodluck and let us know how everytihng turns out.
    IC

I haven't started any cardio yet because i'm only consuming 1640 calories per day and I didn't want to start burning muscle mass.
    Do you think i should up the carb intake a little on cardio days? I'm only consuming 138g of carbs per day.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog
    I haven't started any cardio yet because i'm only consuming 1640 calories per day and I didn't want to start burning muscle mass.
    Do you think i should up the carb intake a little on cardio days? I'm only consuming 138g of carbs per day.
    I think your carbs will be fine, as long as you cut out the bread and add some better carbs. It's really the timing of the carbs that matters the most. When I cut, I only have carbs for the first meal of the day, pre and post workout.

Yeah I agree concerning the timing issue of carbs.
    Try taking in complex carbs such as sweet potatoes, broccoli, and brown rice. They are much better for you than the bread. Determining your lean muscle mass is really easy and you can keep a close eye on it to insure that you do not begin to burn off muscle tissue. I would keep checking it before I up any caloric intake at this point. To determine your lean muscle mass just follow this basic formula.

Maximum Weight (M.W.) X Body Fat % (BF %) = Fat Weight (FW)

Maximum weight - Fat weight = Lean muscle mass

Now this can really be somewhat misleading as this value is the total weight of not only your lean muscle mass but it also incorporates bone tissue, body fluids, undigested foods ect. This however is a VERY good reference point as none of these values (with the exception of muscle tissue) will increase significantly large enough to make a noticeable difference. Keep a close eye on this and if the lean muscle mass begins to decrease, you can then adjust your workout or diet accordingly.

Tobey

thanks for the advise, i'll let you know how i get on.

Tobey, I've taken note of your advice and i'm going to incorporate some brown rice into my diet.
    I will consume some brown rice pre and post workout but it will not be practical for me to completely eliminate bread from my diet because sandwiches are the only practical thing i can eat at work.
    What about replacing the white bread with wholemeal brown bread?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bread is horrible. I am sure you can eat something other than a sandwich at work. If you are eating hand to mouth, what the diff between oats/yams/brown rice/etc??

Also, you not doing cardio and sitting around waiting for fat to drop off while reducing calories so extremely low will indeed lead to muscle loss. You need to be active to lose fat, it's a message your body needs to understand, "letting go of fat and fat only". If your diet is scheduled and on point, cardio can be your best friend in getting as ripped as possible. However, eating bread and doing no cardio ain't gonna do much of anything. You may end up being a smaller, just-as-fat, person.

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Cheers for the advice swolecat.
    I will incorporate some cardio into my rouitne consisting of 20-30 mins medium intensity 4 or 5 days per week.
    In your post you suggest that my daily calorie intake is too low, I am thinking of increasing my intake to 2000 calories per day which will give me a calorie deficit of 500. What's your opinion?

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    yep, I would drop all bread and the milk too. I pack lunches for work and they usually consist of a ziploc bag of grilled chicken breas, ziploc bag of baked yams, and a bag o' broccoli. Can be eaten warm or cold. I actually like my yams and broccoli better cold now. Other thing I do for a change of pace is bring one of those disposable tupperware thingies filled with a portion of long grain brown rice and a can of tuna, that will need to be "zapped" unless you are more of a man than me.

dutch

I have revised my diet a little, it now consists of 1997 calories per day derived from 315g of protein, 131g of carbs and 37g of fat.
    I'm currently on my seventh day of clenbuterol , i took 7 tablets today but haven't noticed any significant side effects apart from my fingers shake a little. I'm going to do about 45 mins cardio everyday after my workout for the remaining 7 weeks.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

Great Post

this is a good post learned a few things my self. Swole ur da man read alot of ur posts and reply and u make sense every time good jobg guys

Thread Information