clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

fast food comparison

ok, i know most of you guys stick to hardcore diets (i do too for a few months at a time), but i found this info very interesting.

my friend brought to my attention the nutritional info for a lot of common items at fast food chains. i was shocked to say the least.

random facts:
    1) wendy's small chili (99 cents) has 200 calories, 2.5g saturated fat, 17g protein
    2) wendy's small fries has 250 calories, 2g of saturated fat, 36g carbs
    3) cup of 2% milk has 3.5g saturated fat
    4) cup of 1% milk has 2.5g saturated fat
    5) after you put the dressing on a wendy's salad, it has more calories than a burger
    6) jack in the box is by far the worst for you
    7) jumbo jack (the 99 cent one) has 600 calories, 11g saturated fat, 22g protein
    8) jack's chicken sandwich (99 cents) has 410 calories, 4.5g saturated fat, 15g protein
    9) jack's small fries, 330 calories, 3.5g saturated fat, 44g carbs
    10) here's the winner, jack's ultimate bacon cheese burger, 1120 calories, 28g saturated fat, 75g fat, 38g protein

ehh, wendy's chili and small fries are that bad for you. before i got kicked outta sports nutrition, i picked up some interesting facts. a cup of orange juice has more calories than a cup of coke. a cup of coke post workout to replace glycogen stores is pretty much just as effective as other forms of simple carbs. we talked a little about weight gain/loss and obesity in the class. things i remember:
    1) total caloric intake is pretty much all that matters.
    2) protein, fat, carbs can all be used as energy or stored as fat. the rate of conversion is what makes them different.
    3) when designing a diet, first thing you do is make sure you got enough protein and vitamins and minerals and all that stuff for your goals. after that, then you just gotta decide where your energy calories should come from.
    4) average inactive male burns about 2200 calories a day.

so in theory, my "cutting" diet can be all fast food...just very little of it...=) i know yall are going to tear apart that statement saying certain kinds of carbs will give you better energy to lift weights, you need high protein to sustain high amounts of skeletal muscle, etc...but yall know what i mean...=)

-- clocky baby

p.s. nutritional info:
    http://www.jackinthebox.com/ourfood/...utrition.php?b
    http://www.wendys.com/w-4-3-1.shtml

hybrid is offline Member
    You know as well as anybody that eating fast food and calling it a cutting diet is not doing it the right way.

As a last resort on days when you forget the good stuff or are out, there are some fast food options that will get you by, but just like lifting weights, it's best to give it your best effort.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    You know as well as anybody that eating fast food and calling it a cutting diet is not doing it the right way.

As a last resort on days when you forget the good stuff or are out, there are some fast food options that will get you by, but just like lifting weights, it's best to give it your best effort.
    bah, just create a nutritional deficit and you'll be fine.

hehe, no...i know you know that i know it aint the way to go. but it would be a very interesting experiment...

-- cb

rambo is offline The Lord God
    yes your theory is sound in a very basic sense. You will lose weight...but u are lacking pretty much every aspect of building muscle. think about it...300 calories of fries vs. 300 of lean chicken breast. Why bother?

Thread Information