Thread: clean calories

blarge is offline New Member

clean calories

can someone give me some help on upping my caloric intake. need some clean calories. thanks

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you bulking? I personal thing some people get to caught up on "clean foods" while bulking. IMO when trying to bulk you can let loose a little more. Notice I said a little.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    For me, its hellava alot easier to put on the weight then to take it off...so when bulking I gradually increase my cals wk by wk and eat clean as possible. More or less keeping with low gi carbs but just in larger portions.

If your a hardgainer on the other hand, go with what Ron said and don't be afraid to have a little fun while bulking. As always prioritizing PWO and PPWO nutrition but letting loose here and there with a burger or two.

PS that would be a soy burger w/o the bun of course...j/k!

blarge is offline New Member
    thanks bros for your help

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I would up your protein.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm with ~US~ here. I tend to pack on bf like there's no tomorrow if I even think about eating junk. So when bulking I keep it clean and just more of it, gradually increasing my carbs in my pwo and ppwo meals.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I will keep my diet clean no matter if I'm bulking or cutting. When I'm bulking I'm eatting more food and a lot more carbs. For cutting just the oposite. The less fat I put on the easier it will be for me to cut up.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    At least I'm not the only one...Thanks Big T and MM, I feel a little better now.

But let me also add that when bulking even though I eat clean...I still give myself a carb-up day (usually mid-week) and make sure I reserve one meal on the weekends to satisy whatever craving I may have. I'm always a sucker for Boston's Markets' sweet potatoe casserole....hmmmm good!!!

~US~

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    At least I'm not the only one...Thanks Big T and MM, I feel a little better now.

But let me also add that when bulking even though I eat clean...I still give myself a carb-up day (usually mid-week) and make sure I reserve one meal on the weekends to satisy whatever craving I may have. I'm always a sucker for Boston's Markets' sweet potatoe casserole....hmmmm good!!!

~US~
    No problem US... we have to stick together

I have carb up days even while I'm cutting. Great way to kick start the metabolism. The cheat meal is a must once a week..... there's no way I could make it through the week without it.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blarge
    can someone give me some help on upping my caloric intake. need some clean calories. thanks
    for me it's chicken and ground turkey .. cook them in bulk, and add 'em to every meal.

Thread Information