bizznach is offline Associate Member

help out this college football player,PLEASE!!!!

hey, im an 18 yro freshmen and i play d1 ball,im an outside linebacker. these lineman are big as hell and i need some more wieght to push them around. i came into camp at 219 but im about 209-212 now and i would like to be around 230 as soon as posible. im preety lean and dont mind a lil extra fat. i get 3 meals a day in the caf/training table(buffet style) but i cant take anything out and money is a lil tite soo.? this is how my meals have been going

7;00 nlarge shake- i cant eat much in the morning.

10:30 bowl of tuna and some fruit (in caf)

1;00 meat, rice,cottage chesse and peaches,milk,water (caf)

3;30 nlarge shake after team workouts

7'00 meat and potatoes(caf)

11;00 maybe a bowl of lucky charms or some chief boyardee ravioli, or glass o milk

please help im open to all suggestions, thank you

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Bro if you aren't worried about putting on fat then tear up the carbs in the cafateria. Add pasta, wheat bread, baked potatoes etc, esp for the 10:30am meal.

Quote Originally Posted by bizznach
    hey, im an 18 yro freshmen and i play d1 ball,im an outside linebacker. these lineman are big as hell and i need some more wieght to push them around. i came into camp at 219 but im about 209-212 now and i would like to be around 230 as soon as posible. im preety lean and dont mind a lil extra fat. i get 3 meals a day in the caf/training table(buffet style) but i cant take anything out and money is a lil tite soo.? this is how my meals have been going

7;00 nlarge shake- i cant eat much in the morning.

10:30 bowl of tuna and some fruit (in caf)

1;00 meat, rice,cottage chesse and peaches,milk,water (caf)

3;30 nlarge shake after team workouts

7'00 meat and potatoes(caf)

11;00 maybe a bowl of lucky charms or some chief boyardee ravioli, or glass o milk

please help im open to all suggestions, thank you

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    The bottom line is Calorie intake. You need to take in more than you burn. Right now your not due to the strenuous regiment put forth to you care of a Div I football program. Up your intake by any means possible. Try to eat healthy/whole foods but if there not available to you eat what you must. I like that you eating a weight gainer that should help now just up your food intake. Just watch you body so you don't over do it.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Bro you are not eating NEARLY enough for the amount of taxation your body is undergoing. You really need to take in more calories as RON said. You are in a position where you are lean and are engaging in tons of cardio and weights. Eat, Eat, EAT.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    those 3 meals in the cafe are going to be your savior. Do this take a notebook to the cafe and copy down the healhty carbs they have in there and then sit down and design yourself a 1500 cal per meal that will give you a start 4500 then add in what your shakes are and what ever you have to snack on. tally this up and have a look at it

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    should i switch my weight gainer cuz ive been using nlarg for a year now

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    weight gainer just has a lot of calories. I would switch to protein shakes instead and just up your calories as everyone is saying. Especially at outside linebacker, you are burning alot of calories. I would take in at least 4000 calories a day. Try to shoot for 5000 but 4000 to start then work your way up. Also, hit up some carbs. Carbs are very important if you want to gain weight.

Thread Information