Thread: Diet Question

Ammar is offline Senior Member

Diet Question

Creative subject huh??

Anyways, I am currently around 210lbs at 5'11. My body fat is between 12 - 15%, I am not sure because I have not had it checked in a few months. I need to start a good diet before I go on my cycle in a couple months. I would like to maintain my body weight but lose some fat around my belly and my chest. I was a little fat kid so I have some fat around my chest which is annoying and of course the almighty abs. I kind of have an idea of what I wanna do. But I am unsure of how many meals to eat a day and how many carbs/how much protein should I intake per day to maintain weight but cut fat...I know cardio is a major point and I will make sure I do at least 30 minutes a day. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Perhaps you could lay out what you were thinking of doing for comments from the rest of us?

~SC~

10am Meal 1: Banana, lowfat peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat bread

12pm Meal 2: 2 servings of no fat cottage cheese.

3pm Protein Shake

4:30pm Meal 3: Dinner, usually chicken grilled or some sort of fish. Sometimes if I am in rush to get to work I eat tuna with lettuce.

8pm Meal 4: Protein shake and a can of tuna.

I just dont have alot of free time to eat more frequently. Any opinions on this or suggestions on what I can substitute in for some of my foods that I eat now for variety. I know its broad, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammar

3pm Protein Shake

4:30pm Meal 3: Dinner, usually chicken grilled or some sort of fish. Sometimes if I am in rush to get to work I eat tuna with lettuce.

I just dont have alot of free time to eat more frequently. Any opinions on this or suggestions on what I can substitute in for some of my foods that I eat now for variety. I know its broad, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Sounds more like a recipe for gaining then it does for losing to me.

First of all, unless you have INCREDIBLE will power, and only you know if you do, you really are not eating very much. I would be soooo hungry on your plan. Thern again, I don't know what type of portion size you eat. Secondly, change the peanut butter and honey sandwich to eggs or something. You will cut the carbs out and add protien. Protien-- thath is what preserve muscle-- remember-- your goal. The hone is just sugar, plain and simple. Sugar converts to fat-- Thought you want to cut, right?

Meal 2. Cotage cheese has carbs. The low fat stuff is worse then the the regular stuff. Persoanlly i'd switch to tunafish on lettuce slices. Lower carbs- higher protien.

Rest looks good to me. Ad in extra meat or fish or eggs if u get hungry during the day. Make sure your protien drink is low carb too-- no more than or 3 gm carbs per scoop.
    Last edited by beenie; 11-06-2003 at 08:10 PM.

How many eggs should I have for breakfast?? I was thinking about boiling some eggs and just eating the whites. Would that be good?

Is it ok to put some olive oil and lemon juice on the tunafish??

Sorry for all the newbie questions but I greatly appreciate the help.

rambo is offline The Lord God

Cut this whole meal. Replace it with a half cup of oatmeal and some lean protein.

Fine.

3pm Protein Shake

OK

Fine.

Fine.

You need to add a postworkout shake, and overall that will add up to around 5 meals and 200 or so grams of pro, and 100 or so grams of carbs. Assuming you weigh 180 or so, that is. You need to add some EFA's into one of the mid day meals, and you need to tweak the ratios for your weight. More protein wouldn't hurt. Ideally if you weighed 180, I would say 250 grams of pro, and 100 carb, 50 EFA fat wouldn't be horrible.

Look around the board for some other meal ideas.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    How many eggs should I have for breakfast?? I was thinking about boiling some eggs and just eating the whites. Would that be good?

Is it ok to put some olive oil and lemon juice on the tunafish??

Sorry for all the newbie questions but I greatly appreciate the help.
    Eggs are a great source of protien. Eat enough so that you are not hungry. The yolk is generally okay if you don't worry about the fat. Even if you worry about fat, yolks are pretty low, and for what you are looking for, it probably wount make too much difference. If you don't like the yolk then definitely don't eat it as the whites contain so much protien and virtually no carbs.

Olive oil is a great idea on tuna. A little lemon juice is okay too.

Thanks alot for the responses. Now I just need the will power to do it

Thread Information