Thread: peanut butter

synthetic is offline Associate Member

peanut butter

is eating 1/4 jar peanut butter a day bad for your health esp. if u have hi cholesotol?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    is eating 1/4 jar peanut butter a day bad for your health esp. if u have hi cholesotol?
    Someone else here will tell me I am wrong, but I think that nuts are supposed to be good for your bad cholestorol. PB is high in non-saturated fat, the good kind.

Now, how big a PB jar are we talking? - - natural or Skippy? Skippy adds sugar.
    Last edited by beenie; 11-09-2003 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Someone else here will tell me I am wrong, but I think that nuts are supposed to be good for your bad cholestorol. PB is high in non-saturated fat, the good kind.

Now, how big a PB jar are we talking? - - natural or Skippy? Skippy adds sugar.
    jif with 3g sat fat

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    jif with 3g sat fat
    I am not an MD but I would think there are things that are a lot worse. It will make you fat long before it clogs your arteries IMHO.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    First of all, you need to eat natural peanut butter without all the refined sugars in it. And two tablespoons are 16g of fat. So if there are about 16 servings, and you eat 1/4 of them, then you are eating about 60+ grams of fat a day just from peanut butter. But if it fits into your macro, well then what can i say...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What you eat this peanut butter with, or where your insulin level is when you ingest it, is of far more importance than the food itself.

~SC~

reason why i ask my cholestoral level was 234 last time checked, and im trying to avoid sat. fat but pb has so many clas thats usedful for a bulk diet, as im trying to go 250-> 300

Thread Information