Thread: ?? on Fats

BrownBomber is offline Member

?? on Fats

What type and how much of each fat do you take? I was planning on loading up on flax and fish oil caps but found out that taking over 5000mg a day GREATLY increases the risk of a hemmoragic stroke.....a don't want that!

Input fellas!!!

BB

cb25 is offline Banned
    Where did you hear that intake of 5g of fat from these sources increases risk for hemorrhagic stroke? I'm not familiar w/ this, especially as i've heard of people taking in much more EFA's than that.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Where did you hear that intake of 5g of fat from these sources increases risk for hemorrhagic stroke? I'm not familiar w/ this, especially as i've heard of people taking in much more EFA's than that.
    I read this shit on another forum and this guy supposedly "knows his shit" I wrote him and will get back to you and this. So far all the research I done after reading this has made me wanna take 5 grams per meal!! All I hear is good shit and the only effect it has on a strokes is greatly REDUCING the chance. Go figure

Later
    BB

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    I heard it on the radio a couple days ago too. Personally, I'll take my chances.

cb25 is offline Banned
    There may be something about the conversion to arachadonic (sp?) acid, which is a 20C fatty acid, which, if i remember correctly, can have an inflammatory effect...i'll try to look it up, but i don't have my nutrition textbooks on this side of the country, so i may not get a definitive answer...

that being said, i think the effect was more pronounced in infants...not a big deal in adults. At this point, there seems to be more benefits that come from taking EFA's than there are possible downsides...but i'll try to look into it

Thread Information