northendninja is offline Junior Member

sick of protein, lol - big problem

ok here is the deal, i took my first cycle in aug/sept, dbol , test enanthate , so i decided to eat like a horse while on it, 2g of protein for every pd of body weight, i gained 20lbs and kept 15 (mostly water loss), so im pretty happy, in september i started school and im having a real tough time keeping up with the portein consuption, most days only getting about 150g. I dont eat any fish, which is a problem i guess. I ate eggs almost everyday when i was on the cycle so i pretty much gag even thinking about them. so basically my entire protein consuptions is from bars, shakes, chicken, fat free cottage cheese, pork tenderloin, and lean cuts of beef (only once a week maybe). Im getting mighty tired of the same foods everyday. I know it sounds lame, im sure you guys have been doing this a long time maybe went thru the same thing at one time.

So my question is how do you guys do it day in and day out? its hard for me to create complex meals as my dorm facilities are pretty limited, and the food that is served at the cafeteria is garbage. Anyone have any ideas on some things that offer great protein-to-fat and carb ratio, that i am maybe missing?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i am able to keep up with it by incorporating some cheat meals in on saturday...also there are a lot of healthy alternatives you can check the recipe section for ideas...other than that bro i can't help..i decided that in order to get the body i want i had to sacrifice and im willing to do that to the fullest extent.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I know what it takes to make me look totally unlike 99% of the population I am around everyday, so it becomes very systematic and easy.

~SC~

alright, mind over matter....I will try, thanks for the encouragement....

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    another thing...see if you can find someone that eats like you...i have my girl who is always there to encourage me and vice versa..sometimes it's nice to just talk about cravings even though you dont really satisfy em.

What I would do is keep an eye on your carbs while enjoying many diff types of beef...........London broil (I hate the crap though, **** shoe leather), so let me be real.......

NY steaks, Rib-eyes, T-bones, Tri-tip, etc......hell I BBQ more beef than Texas, lol...........the key is to watch what you eat it WITH, and make sure to take in plenty of heart healthy fats like fish oil/flax/udo's/omega's, etc.....to balance it all out.

When I made red meat a staple in my diet, I simply changed to another level.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 12-04-2003 at 01:38 PM.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

yeah Swole beef is definately where its at!

I'm asking santa this yr for a cow and an extra freezer for storage.

I just hope he can get them both down the chimney

Dictator is offline Banned
    hey swole, how much red meat do you take in during a diet? i eat about 6-8 oz post post-workout with oats. but i see you are eating it all day? also does steak bloat you?

see I was under the impression that tons of red meat is not that good for you...

today I had a t-bone steak bbq'd with some wild rice on the side, great tasting meal, and wasnt too hard to make. I love beef (tenderloin being the ultimate meat), just I was never clear on how much red meat is too much. When I was younger my mom (retired cooking instructor) always told me not to eat too much red meat, so I guess that I was programmed with that notion, and have avoided beef ever since.

Dictator is offline Banned
    yeah everyone keeps saying watch the red meat? i dont understand why?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol Yeah if eggs and red meat were as bad as our moms said they are...we would all be 6ft under by now.

Steak is a stable in any bodybuilder's diet!....Just make sure to eat it before your workouts. You want to avoid any and all saturated fats post workout.

Yeah, red meat (although eye of round is usually lean) I don't include pwo @ all. I save the juicier/fattier cuts for during my fat/protein meals, and can really enjoy the meal.

Red meat is not bad NE Ninja, but mixing it w/rice is something I wouldn't personally do. I'd opt for brocolli, zucchinni, green beans, cabbage, etc. instead.

Flesh and vegetation........just like animals..........

~SC~

thanks swole, will do, I have no problems eating my dark greens

Thread Information