Thread: protein intake

ronin kai is offline New Member

protein intake

What is the maximum grams of protein that the body can fully utilize in one meal? I need to take in 300 grams per day, so I need to make sure I'm not wasting any.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    spread that out.

6 meals a day @ 50 g protein a meal

and you'll be just dandy.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    what is your body weight and body fat %

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Everyone always looks for that magic #, but there's no way to figure it out, in fact there's no way to know that you need 300g, and I would bet that in most cases you probably even need more than 300g. The only way to know you're getting enough in is to eat more than enough, so I'd up your intake to 400g.

flex_300 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin kai
    What is the maximum grams of protein that the body can fully utilize in one meal? I need to take in 300 grams per day, so I need to make sure I'm not wasting any.
    The maximum usable amount of protein for adult athletes is 1.6-1.7 grams per 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of bodyweight/day. When consuming this much protein, make sure to consume extra water because the body attempts to excrete excess nitrogen through the urine, causing dehydration. Also, be sure that your total calories do not excessively exceed your energy expenditure or you may end up carrying a little extra weight around the midsection. As far as the amount of protein to ingest in one meal, don't worry about that too much. One idea, just to make sure that you are not taking in too much protein in one meal, is to space smaller meals throughout the day. This will also help maintain a constant metabolism.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    so I'd up your intake to 400g.
    beware though that some extra protein does get stored as fat

flex_300 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin kai
    One correction on my last thread. The ideal intake is 1.6-1.7 grams/kg of bodyweight. The maximum usable intake for adults is 2.0 grams/kg of bodyweight. Sorry guys.

Thread Information