alert is offline Junior Member

going to the movies

i am trying to diet .. but wouldn't mind some popcorn ... think taking like 500mg of ala before eating it will have an effect ?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    500 mgs won't do much. You will be better off taking about 2 grams.

barbarian is offline Banned
    O.O hehe

whats the ratio of ala to carbs ?
    also .. does taking ala before carb consumption have an effect on
    the normally resulting insulin spike , does it negate this effect or supress
    it.. allowing your body to continue to draw on fat for energy ?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    ALA is rather weak in comparison to r-ALA. The ratio of r-ALA to carbs is 200mg for 30-40 grams I believe. I take Glucorell which is packaged by a company started by Macrophage and Ulter, two ancient members. Don't forget that ALA won't do anything to alter fat consumption, it'll only aid in carb shuttling. So all that butter will have the exact same effect. I could post for pages on this, I just finished up some research on it myself, but I'll leave the answer simplified as ALA shuttles carbs to muscle cells and not fat cells.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    2 grams for some popcorn @ the movies is FREAKIN' OVERKILL!!!!!!!

Not only will you still see negative effects from eating shitty food even w/R-ALA taken (it's no miracle!!!!), two grams is way too damn much. There comes a point w/R-ALA where more is not better and will help no more than a lower dose will.

~SC~

well i know it shuttles carbs to muscle cells instead of fat cells .. but at what point will ones muscle cells become full .. and after that point where do they go ? also atm i can only get ahold of ala .. so whats the ala/carb ratio for it?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It helps to divert excess sugars into adipose tissue, not really shuttle glucose directly to muscle cells only and NOT to fat stores. The only way to really assure that takes place is to perform a strenuous weight training session prior to the carb ingestion. R-ALA is no miracle worker...........eat too many carbs taking R-ALA thinking it's going to shuttle all those sugars to your muscles, is flawed reasoning. Be careful!

~SC~

Thread Information