will86 is offline Banned

Are cheat foods necessay?

Are they Really that necessary for diets? Also i hear some people pig out on their cheat days, like instead of having a cheat meal they would just eat whatever/whenever the whole day. Whats the "right" way?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There is no right way. Some cheat more on their "free" day, while others limit foods. It depends on the type of diet you are on, how much you are aiming to lose, type of metabolism, aides, etc.

~SC~

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    Are they Really that necessary for diets? Also i hear some people pig out on their cheat days, like instead of having a cheat meal they would just eat whatever/whenever the whole day. Whats the "right" way?
    Personnally, I try to avoid chiet day. One cheat days leads to two cheat days, which leads to three, and wanna know something? Thats how guys get fat. I don't but this crap about fooling your metabolism. If it works for some great. But I think that they would make fastreer progress with out it. It takes your body 3 days to go into ketosis and 60 seconds to go out of it. So 1 cheat day a week means that you make progress 4 days out of 7. it is simple mat. While 4 out of 7 isn't bad, and for some that may be the price to pay to stick with the program, but personally I think thjey would be better off with 7 out of 7. Just my opinion and observation.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your metabolism bogs down and slows, it will be impossible to lose any further fat. (not weight, FAT)
    So, cheat days can be very beneficial for such reasons.
    The key is to be mentally prepared to cheat ONE day out of the week, and not 2, 3, etc. That's an control issue there.

Besides, life needs to be enjoyed as well, and handling business 6 days of the week = 1 day of vacation from that business.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im actually trying to limit what i do for a cheat day. as of right now until christmas im having one day of healty carb up meals...which means i dont count calories or carbs, but my sources are still yams, oats, all bran, some fat free sugar free ice cream for a treat and various other "healthy" carbs. still gives me satisfaction without feeling ****ty about cheating.

Cyborg is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Personnally, I try to avoid chiet day. One cheat days leads to two cheat days, which leads to three, and wanna know something? Thats how guys get fat. I don't but this crap about fooling your metabolism. If it works for some great. But I think that they would make fastreer progress with out it. It takes your body 3 days to go into ketosis and 60 seconds to go out of it. So 1 cheat day a week means that you make progress 4 days out of 7. it is simple mat. While 4 out of 7 isn't bad, and for some that may be the price to pay to stick with the program, but personally I think thjey would be better off with 7 out of 7. Just my opinion and observation.
    thats what i keep thinking. so i just dont want to do it. been dieting for like 2 weeks and still just dont want to do it. i dont wanna mess any progress up im doing. id rather slightly carb-up to like 300g for 1 day per week on a training day post workout. i dont know if that makes sense. im still thinking about it. but once in a while i will have a cheat meal, just not once per week. maybe once a month lol.

also, im not doing zero carbs, im still eating carbs like 50g on non-training days and 150g on training days which is mon,wed,fri so i dont think i am going into ketosis (i thought this was with zero carbs only)

beenie is offline Senior Member
    *deleted by poster*

Thread Information