pumped99 is offline Associate Member

Evaluate my protein/weight gainer shake!

I am 18 years old, natural, been lifting for 3 years intensely. I am at 6'1 190lbs right now and about 8% bf. I really can't gain anymore weight without serious weight gainer drinkgs ( I eat **** near or over 5000cal everyday). I am thinking of adding 1 or 2 of these to my diet everyday to my diet in hopes of gaining more weight. Think I should add anything to these to make them more effective?
    1 Packet Isopure Meal Replacement (50g Protein, 250 cal, lots of vitamins).
    2 spoonfuls of peanutbutter, regular.
    1 teaspoon flaxseed oil.
    Filled with whole milk.
    Thanks for any advice.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont use the whole milk because you will be adding a ton of sugar carbs to a fat meal.....plus whatever carbs are in the MRP..combining fat and carbs in the same meal is cause for rapid fat gain.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Please post your 5000+ Kcals/day diet. I want to see where your quality calories are coming from.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Please post your 5000+ Kcals/day diet. I want to see where your quality calories are coming from.

~SC~
    Breakfast(7:45 am) - 1 Isopure Mealpack 300 cal 50g protein, one banana. Or 4 eggs, one banana.
    Second meal (9:30am) - One bagel with lots of peanut butter, 2 sticks string cheese, 2 12 ouce cartons 2% milk.
    Third mean (11:35am) - One Detour Bar (Orange color kind) 10g fat 330cals 30g protein.
    Fourth Meal 1:30 pm - One Detour Bar or Isopure protein shake
    Fifth Meal 4:00 - 4:30 pm (after workout) - One myoplex meal, or regular protein shake).
    Sixth Meal 7:00pm - HUGE dinner, either chicken, beef, or fish with potatoes, veggies, 20oz milk, one apple, one orange.
    Seventh Meal 10:00pm - 6oz of cottage cheese right before bed.

All i can say is you need to eliminate a lot of $hit and sub for better food...banana's are very high GI and can spike insulin as well as bagels....eating a bagel with peanutbutter is terrible because you are now combining carbs and fat in the same meal which will cause you to store fat....string cheese and milk both are bad...cheese is too fatty and milk has too much sugar and fat....a detour bar is a snickers with protein and really is a bad choice for a protein bar.

IMO your carbs should come from Oats, Veggies, Little Fruit, Yams, Red Potatoes, Brown Rice and Dextrose for Post Workout

Protein Should be from chicken, steak, fish, tuna, protein shakes

Fats from - NATURAL peanut butter, almonds or walnuts, and flax and fish oils

DON'T COMBINE CARBS AND FATS IN THE SAME MEAL...the insulin spike causes the fat in the food to be stored.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    All i can say is you need to eliminate a lot of $hit and sub for better food...banana's are very high GI and can spike insulin as well as bagels....eating a bagel with peanutbutter is terrible because you are now combining carbs and fat in the same meal which will cause you to store fat....string cheese and milk both are bad...cheese is too fatty and milk has too much sugar and fat....a detour bar is a snickers with protein and really is a bad choice for a protein bar.

IMO your carbs should come from Oats, Veggies, Little Fruit, Yams, Red Potatoes, Brown Rice and Dextrose for Post Workout

Protein Should be from chicken, steak, fish, tuna, protein shakes

Fats from - NATURAL peanut butter, almonds or walnuts, and flax and fish oils

DON'T COMBINE CARBS AND FATS IN THE SAME MEAL...the insulin spike causes the fat in the food to be stored.
    But my body fat is ultra low, and I have been trying this diet for 2-3 months.

well do what you want, but im fairly certain many will tell you that is will become Ultra High soon.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Too many bars, dairy, and I agree w/what has already been said.

I see the two post-workout meals, but what about days you don't workout? I know you don't workout everyday do you????

Also, a plain protein shake after working out is severely hindering your recovery. I'd adjust that.....

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Too many bars, dairy, and I agree w/what has already been said.

I see the two post-workout meals, but what about days you don't workout? I know you don't workout everyday do you????

Also, a plain protein shake after working out is severely hindering your recovery. I'd adjust that.....

~SC~
    What should I eat after a workout? I usually take my creatine, glutamine, and then protein shake right after I workout. Right now I am bulking, so I workout 3 times a week. What should I put in my diet? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by pumped99
    What should I eat after a workout? I usually take my creatine, glutamine, and then protein shake right after I workout. Right now I am bulking, so I workout 3 times a week. What should I put in my diet? What am I missing?
    Well I need to do something. I don't think I should cycle quite yet, but gaining naturally just isn't working. I don't think I have grown in 4 months even though I am eating 4500 cals a day and 1 1/2 gram of protein per lb bodyweight. Am I eating at the wrong times? Check out my diet above and offer some suggestions! Anything is helpful and I really appreciate it. I need to grow more! Thanks.

gdwygd is offline New Member
    Don't substitute bars and shakes for real food. You need to get some protein in some other form. Your lunch should be something involving chicken, tuna, any source of natural protein. Bars and shakes are good, but natural sources are much better. Try some oatmeal in the morning, slow-absorbing carbs will give you good energy. I don't know about the other guys, but I'd use Skim instead of Whole milk in your shake.

Thread Information