Brazy is offline Junior Member

Post check out my diet/routine - i need serious input - kinda long

My goal: Increase endurance, get stronger, and get ripped.

My stats: 5’8” @ 181 lbs. Im 18 years old.

History: I’ve workout for 2ish years, on and off. I’ve weighed as much as 195lbs and as low as 165 lbs in these 2 years. I have tried to go on diets at least a dozen a times. Most have failed within a week, one lasted two weeks.

Workout:

CARDIO:
    Monday: Bike 25min – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Tuesday: Run 20min – Kick Boxing
    Wednesday: Bike 25min – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Thursday: Run 20min - Kick Boxing
    Friday: Bike 25min

WEIGHTS
    Wednesday: Back & Biceps
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Chest & Triceps
    Sunday: Shoulders & Traps

** I run/bike on an empty stomach, do abs twice a week after run/bike in AM. After I am done my workout I fast for 1hr and eat breakfast. I workout in the evenings and train Mui Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu **

Eating:

Meal 1 - Cereal and Veggie Sasuage Cal Pro Fat Carb
    1% Milk (1 cup) 108 8.5 2.7 12
    Kellogg's All Brand (1/2 cup) 80 3.6 1 23
    Breakfast Links (2) (Soy) 70 11 1.8 2.7

Meal 2 - Protein Shake & Green Pepper
    ISO XP Protein Powder 140 33 0.5 1
    Green Pepper ? ? ? ?

Meal 3 - Yogurt & Almonds & Egg Beater
    Silhouette Fat Free Yogurt 60 4 0 10
    Almonds (23) 160 6 14 6
    Egg Beaters (100ml) 50 10 0.6 1.4

Meal 4 - Protein Shake

Meal 5 - Atkins Bar: Almond Brownie
    Atkins Bar: Almond Brownie (Soy) 225 21 8.8 21

Meal 6 - Chicken with Salad & Carrot/Celery
    Boneless Chicken Breast (1 serving) 80 18 2.2 0
    Romane Lettuce (4-5 Large Leafs) ? ? ? ?
    Carrots (1) 30 0.6 0.2 7
    Celery (1) 23 0.2 0 1.8
    Low fat dressing (1tbsp)

Meal 7 - Protein Shake H2O and Orange
    Orange 70 1 0.3 17

Snack - Throw in an apple somewhere?
    Apple 71 0.3 0 19

1663 200.2 38.5 147.9
    Cal Pro Fat Carb

Currently I have stuck to this eating plan for one whole week without a problem at all. I know now I can stick to a diet for good, my mentality is there, finally, and here to stay.

Regarding carbs, all the carbs I eat have a low GI index value of 55 or below. The atkins bar also only has 3 net impact carbs. Im not sure of the nurtients of the green pepper though. I also drink around 3L to 4L of water a day.

Please critique this diet, I have done a fairly thorough job creating this plan and I want to know if its going to work for me. I have lots roughly 1-2lbs and I am not to happy with the that. My other diets, I usually lost .5lbs each time I weighed myself in the morning (.5lbs every day). I figure if I still ate like **** I could of lost these 2 lbs without eating healthy. I have not really noticed much body transformation at all.

With the salad and dress I consume roughly 1700 cals a day. 200g protein, 39 fat and 160 carbs. My meals are spaced 2hrs apart. I can always tell when 2hrs approaches. I ALWAYS start to get hungry as 2hrs approaches

the biggest problem i've faced with diets is lack of protein. because i dont like meat for the most part. the only meat i like are greasy mc donalds burgers, and hot dogs. i am forcing myself to eat chicken breast (i can barly bare having 1 serving a day).. tuna and sea food are just out of the question

Questions:

Will my goals be accomplished. If so, how long?
    Am I taking in to much Soy proteins? Breakfast veggie links (soy protein) and the atkins bar.

your help is much appreciated

rambo is offline The Lord God
    IN CAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazy
    My goal: Increase endurance, get stronger, and get ripped.

My stats: 5’8” @ 181 lbs. Im 18 years old.

History: I’ve workout for 2ish years, on and off. I’ve weighed as much as 195lbs and as low as 165 lbs in these 2 years. I have tried to go on diets at least a dozen a times. Most have failed within a week, one lasted two weeks.

FIRST OFF AT 5'8 181 POUNDS, I DON'T SEE HOW YOUR TRYING TO CUT UNLESS YOU HAVE A VERY HIGH BF OF 13+... BUT ANYWAY...

Workout:

CARDIO:
    Monday: Bike 25min – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Tuesday: Run 20min – Kick Boxing
    Wednesday: Bike 25min – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Thursday: Run 20min - Kick Boxing
    Friday: Bike 25min

WEIGHTS
    Wednesday: Back & Biceps
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Chest & Triceps
    Sunday: Shoulders & Traps

** I run/bike on an empty stomach, do abs twice a week after run/bike in AM. After I am done my workout I fast for 1hr and eat breakfast. I workout in the evenings and train Mui Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu **

NOPE. AFTER CARDIO YOU WANT TO TAKE IN A PROTEIN SHAKE, BUT AFTER WEIGHTS YOU NEED POST WORKOUT NUTRITION AT 80 G CARBS, 40 PROTEIN.

Eating:

Meal 1 - Cereal and Veggie Sasuage Cal Pro Fat Carb
    Kellogg's All Brand (1/2 cup) 80 3.6 1 23
    Breakfast Links (2) (Soy) 70 11 1.8 2.7

GET RID OF THE SOY, EAT EGG WHITES, DUMP CEREAL, EAT OATMEAL.

Meal 2 - Protein Shake & Green Pepper
    Green Pepper ? ? ? ?

Meal 3 - Yogurt & Almonds & Egg Beater
    Silhouette Fat Free Yogurt 60 4 0 10
    Almonds (23) 160 6 14 6
    Egg Beaters (100ml) 50 10 0.6 1.4

DUMP YOGURT, EAT OATMEAL, BROWN RICE, OR YAM.

Meal 4 - Protein Shake

Meal 5 - Atkins Bar: Almond Brownie
    Atkins Bar: Almond Brownie (Soy) 225 21 8.8 21

AGAIN, SOY SUCKS, DITCH THE ATKINS BAR, THEY ARENT MADE FOR US, EAT A PROTEIN BAR.

Meal 6 - Chicken with Salad & Carrot/Celery
    Boneless Chicken Breast (1 serving) 80 18 2.2 0
    Romane Lettuce (4-5 Large Leafs) ? ? ? ?
    Carrots (1) 30 0.6 0.2 7
    Celery (1) 23 0.2 0 1.8
    Low fat dressing (1tbsp)

GOOD, DITCH THE DRESSING, USE 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL.

Meal 7 - Protein Shake H2O and Orange
    Orange 70 1 0.3 17

Snack - Throw in an apple somewhere?
    Apple 71 0.3 0 19

DITCH ALL THE FRUIT. YOU NEED MORE CALORIES IN THE FORM OF PROTEIN. SUCK IT UP AND EAT MEAT, OR LIKE EGGS, OR SOMETHING. YOU HAVE TO TAKE IN AT LEAST 270 GRAMS OF PROTEIN.

1663 200.2 38.5 147.9
    Cal Pro Fat Carb

Currently I have stuck to this eating plan for one whole week without a problem at all. I know now I can stick to a diet for good, my mentality is there, finally, and here to stay.

Regarding carbs, all the carbs I eat have a low GI index value of 55 or below. The atkins bar also only has 3 net impact carbs. Im not sure of the nurtients of the green pepper though. I also drink around 3L to 4L of water a day.

Please critique this diet, I have done a fairly thorough job creating this plan and I want to know if its going to work for me. I have lots roughly 1-2lbs and I am not to happy with the that. My other diets, I usually lost .5lbs each time I weighed myself in the morning (.5lbs every day). I figure if I still ate like **** I could of lost these 2 lbs without eating healthy. I have not really noticed much body transformation at all.

With the salad and dress I consume roughly 1700 cals a day. 200g protein, 39 fat and 160 carbs. My meals are spaced 2hrs apart. I can always tell when 2hrs approaches. I ALWAYS start to get hungry as 2hrs approaches

the biggest problem i've faced with diets is lack of protein. because i dont like meat for the most part. the only meat i like are greasy mc donalds burgers, and hot dogs. i am forcing myself to eat chicken breast (i can barly bare having 1 serving a day).. tuna and sea food are just out of the question

Questions:

Will my goals be accomplished. If so, how long?
    Am I taking in to much Soy proteins? Breakfast veggie links (soy protein) and the atkins bar.

your help is much appreciated

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    any other input? swole?

egg whites make me puke

and yes i have a high BF.. dont know what it is, 38" waist

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's been pretty much covered for the most part, except for losing the dairy.......no good there.

As for protein, you need to eat chicken/steak/fish, and more and more of it.
    If you don't want to eat it and rely on soy $hit and bars, then you'll look like what you eat. You have cereal, milk, soy, Atkins bars, etc., none of which I'd even touch if it were me or anyone under my instruction.

I also don't see how you can train shoulders the day after chest, that's impossible for most. However, the tell all/end all will be what you consume to support your physique goals, and right now that's not getting it done.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 12-15-2003 at 10:59 AM.

Thread Information