farrar is offline New Member

Best Preworkout Carbs and "Other" Carbs

I am planning my January bulking cycle of Test and Deca putting a lot of time into nutrition. I am 42 years old, 5’10” tall weighing 202 at 13% BF. My plan is to consume 18-20 calories per day over 7 meals on a split of 50% protein, 35% carbs, and 15% fat.

I will drink a post workout drink containing 70 grams of protein with 70 carbs from dextrose. My question is concerning my pre-workout meal. I had planned to drink a whey shake with 50 grams of protein and eat 1 cup of brown rice, which has about 50 carbs. My question is concerning the quality of the carbs. I know that my carb choices need to be low-glycemic pre-workout and high-glycemic post but I was looking at making substitutions for the pre-workout carbs. Rice ranks a 55-65 on the glycemic index whereas oatmeal cookies {sugar-free} rank 50-55. I have also noticed that yogurt ranks in the high 40’s which is even better.

1.) What is the best source of pre-workout carbs?
    2.) What are “other” carbs? You see this all the time on nutrition labels. If they are not fibrous or sugar what are they? {Besides “other” J}

Thanks,

Farrar

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well i can tell you that they may be maltodextrin, which isnt labeled as a sugar, but has a GI of close to 100 even though it's complex...be weary of that in ingredients. also carbs can come from sugar alcohols and glycerine.

Thread Information