Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

kskickboxer is offline New Member
    great sticky. didn't know about cutting out fruit. i figured natural sugars were fine for cutting

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    awesome, alota good info thanks.

-Animal

americanoak is offline Member
    this looks like my diet

melloboi is offline New Member
    great post! simple and to the point! please dont get caught up with myths like doing anymore than 20 minutes burns muscle, and if you work at high intensity your body burns more muscle. You burn a higher % of total fat in grams at higher intensities, just make sure u leave enough time to recover between sessions. i.e. not doing high intensity cardio everyday, remember you will be weight training too which causes deficit hence, the lower heart rate cardio workouts. every workout has its purpose

jm21 is offline Associate Member
    I like this diet been doing it based around my weight for 2 weeks and its working

only query i have is im a spinn intructor and after my classes at night around 9 i finish i feel very drained and crave food trying to stave it off with 200-250 grams off chicken and veg but feel i need something in there?

and if it falls on a non lifting day like today i didnt have the large input of carbs in pwo meal just had 200g of sweet potatoe spread thriugh after noon like 2 and 6 to get some carbs in there i took in a little extra protein to help so today i hit nearly 400grams through out with the bulk off it concentrated aroun my classes from 6pm

stats might help
    age-25
    height-183cm
    weight-211lbs
    bf-10.1%
    weights 4-5 times a week and cardio after every session pre breakfast cardio 2 days on 2 days off and building it up next week 3 on 2 off etc etc..
    coming out to la in 5 weeeks want to get as low as possible any advice helpfull

Im here to learn teach me!

bodonovich is offline New Member
    what would the calories be for someone whos 6 foot 240

TexasDozer is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Great post man!

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Did not know about fruit - noted

Don't know what I am going to do without milk - I drink about 60 oz of skim a day with my protein. I think I will cut that in half and mix water for the rest, that would only be about 48 grams a day in sugar from the milk.

I don't know if I could get by with just water and protein powder, I might have to try though.

Good info on the post cardio meals and how it is best to have that and the weights split up.

Confused about Dextrose, the amounts listed are WAY outside the recommended dose on the label maybe I am reading it wrong.

Would like some info on other supplements that are good for cutting if anyone has good ones they got results from.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    This might sound stupid but I have a question, Whey you guys talk about 1/2 cup of brown rice is that uncooked rice. or 1/2 cup already cook rice. Just wanted to make that clear so I don't **** up my diet plan. Thanks

chalkmyster1 is offline Junior Member
    am ready to start a cutting diet just wanted some advice if this sounds right or things i could change any help eill be much apreciated so this is how it looks so far?

meal 1
    2 whole eggs
    6-8 egg whites
    12 a cup of oats

meal 2
    pwo shake
    2 table spoons of natuaral peanut butter(no sugar)

meal 3
    4oz chicken breast
    half a cup of cashew nuts/almonds

meal 4
    pwo shake
    2 spoons of peanut butter

meal 5
    salmon/swordfish/beef steak
    green salad(no tomatoes carrots red peppers etc)
    table spoon of olive oil and vinagar

meal 6
    casein protein
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites

how does this sound guys?
    i will also be doin 45 mins of cardio 4 times a week and lifting lightweights?

chalkmyster1 is offline Junior Member
    sorry my stats are as follows

6ft 1"
    210lb
    age 25
    19-20% bf
    5 years training

danielli is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkmyster1 View Post
    am ready to start a cutting diet just wanted some advice if this sounds right or things i could change any help eill be much apreciated so this is how it looks so far?

meal 1
    2 whole eggs
    6-8 egg whites
    12 a cup of oats

meal 2
    pwo shake
    2 table spoons of natuaral peanut butter(no sugar)

meal 3
    4oz chicken breast
    half a cup of cashew nuts/almonds

meal 4
    pwo shake
    2 spoons of peanut butter

meal 5
    salmon/swordfish/beef steak
    green salad(no tomatoes carrots red peppers etc)
    table spoon of olive oil and vinagar

meal 6
    casein protein
    3 whole eggs
    3 egg whites

how does this sound guys?
    i will also be doin 45 mins of cardio 4 times a week and lifting lightweights?
    you should make your own thread - you'll prob get more comments.

bcool15 is offline New Member
    i dint understand much of it but am definitely downloadin it to my desktop and goin to use it :P
    good post

Jack Lalanne is offline New Member
    Thanks for posting, alot of very valuable info

romans7:18 is offline New Member
    Can someone please tell me what this means. Thank You.

Q: What about cycling carb intake?
    A: Obviously on non workout days you will be without a shake, so you will be auto-cycling. It works well that way.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    great post

evvo is offline New Member
    Is that 2 TABLESPOONS of flaxseed oil or TEASPOONS?

Quote Originally Posted by rambo View Post
    The Cutting Primer
    By rambo @anabolicreview.com

It’s about time we had a decent full length post on cutting…

Let’s get a few things straight…
    1. All of the insights I’m about to provide are not person-specific. What that means is that it is a general guideline, not a bible.
    2. I truly do believe that bodybuilding is 80% diet. You can lift your ass off daily, and still look horrible if you aren’t eating right.
    3. You are what you eat. It’s just that simple.

The BASICS-
    1.Postworkout Nutrition- I’m a firm believer that PWO nutrition is hands down the most important aspect of dieting. It is within the 15 minutes after a workout that your body is in dire need of nutrients. It is a completely anabolic state, and what you take in can be optimized to ensure maximum results. A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin).

2. Carbs- You are **** right, carbs. In a strict cutting diet the majority of your carbs should come in the form of PWO nutrition, and the remainder in breakfast. Fibrous veggies are a staple, but keep in mind that they don’t count towards intake, as they have negligible impacts on blood sugar levels. (Exceptions: Carrots, Peas) All high glycemic carbs outside of PWO should be avoided. The best sources of low GI carbs can be found in oatmeal and brown rice, as well as yams.

3. Protein- You need tons. 1.5-2.0 grams per pound of lean bodyweight is a good general rule of thumb. You should take in a good portion of your protein in the source of real meals, avoid intaking too many shakes, as real food comes to a better benefit. The list foods with high protein bioavailability is extensive, and I will only cover a few, (Egg whites, Lean steak, Chicken breast, the list goes on forever….).

4. Fats- Guess what? You need fat to lose fat. We are talking about the granddaddy of fats, the EFA (Essential Fatty Acid). Good sources of fat are ( Flax Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Olive Oil).

5. The separation of Carbs and Fats- This is a hotly debated issue, but again, in my opinion, an important aspect nonetheless. Remember that it is often when you eat items and with what you eat them that is more important than what you are eating. A mouthful, I know, but stay with me. Remember that when you take in certain carbs, you can spike your insulin levels. If you are taking in fats when your insulin has been spiked, you are allowing the basic laws of physiology to act out, and you allow for a higher propensity for fat storage. Separation is key. The sample diet will give a good example of how to separate them.

6. Supplements-

Glutamine: Helps prevent catabolism when cutting. Best used in dosages of 10grams daily, 5 grams before cardio, 5 grams at another interval, but not after workout as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey.
    ALA/R-ALA- Gets my supplement of the day award. R-ALA is effective in lowering the spike of insulin when certain carbs are consumed. I could give you a dissertation on the stereoentisomeric properties of the R, but all you need to know is that it has been found to shuttle carbohydrates away from adipose and into myocytes. Translation: Away from fat cells, into muscle cells. It’s a supplement, however, not a miracle worker. It’s not a crutch, and won’t do anything about fat intake. ALA and R-ALA can also aid in the expedition of the ketogenic state. Remember that if you buy R-ALA that you supplement it with Biotin. Glucorell-R is prepackaged with it. If you can afford it, go for it. As far as dosage, with the R, you are looking at 1-2 pills of Glucorell R for each 30-40grams of carb intake.
    Protein and Carb Shakes: I’m not going to cover protein, because even if you can’t afford it, you should sell a kidney to get some. Carb drinks are rather convenient, and companies offer pre mixed dosages, (CarboHit, Glycoload, UltraFuel). Dextrose and Maltodextrin can be bought from most supplement stores or online.

www.allsportsnutition.com

7. Cheating- Cheating is essential. Why? Remember, the body runs on homeostasis, it likes to keep balance. After eating so well after a week, your body begins to adjust, and fat loss over time will not be as rapid. The other extremely important aspect is mental sanity. So many diets crash and fail because people don’t give themselves a chance to breath. Remember, cheating is not an opportunity for you to pillage the entire mall food court. Shoot for a cheat meal, not an all out binge. A fast food value meal can be 2,000 calories. Eat that 3 times on one day, and you’ve consumed 6,000 calories. And that’s not good in any case.

8. Cardio- Cardio and cutting usually go hand in hand. I won't go into specifics about length, other than cardio shouldn't be excessive. 45 minutes to one hour daily should be sufficient, and should be performed on an empty stomach.

Sample Diet:
    Note: This is a sample diet for a 200 pound gentleman who is wishing to cut. We can assume his BF to be around 15%. This diet will NOT work for you if those criteria don’t apply to you; however it is easy to customize the below diet to take in account your own statistics. It is the principles that are applicable.. I am not going to post the total amount of calories, only the carb, protein and fat macros for the whole day.

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat.

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive.

Here comes the fun part: Question and Answer….

Q: What about dairy?
    A: If you don’t mind a soft look, fat free cottage cheese is an excellent caseinate source, but as for milks- way too much processed sugar. NO.

Q: Should I do a keto diet?
    A: Unless you are morbidly obese, or would like to drag your wilted muscles behind you, stay away from keto. Again, that’s my opinion. You can see my previous posts for my anti-keto ranting.

Q: What about cycling carb intake?
    A: Obviously on non workout days you will be without a shake, so you will be auto-cycling. It works well that way.

Q: Is sodium an issue?
    A: Outside of the bloating issue, or if you have high cholesterol, no.

Q. How do I make my meals not taste like cardboard?
    A. Be creative. Mix in some sugar free jam or splenda in your oats, some hot sauce or soy sauce on your meats, or pick up some sugar free ketchup.

Q. I don’t like old fashioned oats. Can I eat the pre mixed oats with fruit?
    A. No. Be a man. Those mixes have ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Q. What about fruit?
    A: Fruit replenishes glycogen stores in the liver, and in my opinion, is not to be a staple of a strict cutting diet, with a few exceptions.

Q: Can I eat steak while cutting?
    A: Definitely. Make sure it’s a leaner cut.

And with this post I take a sabbatical. I’d like to thank ~Swolecat~ for his influence, and to thank all of you who may have indirectly annoyed me enough to result in this elongated post. If I missed anything, or am horribly wrong on anything, feel free to PM me, and I will edit it in. Best of luck, and remember…

“Obsessed is a the word that lazy people use for dedicated.”

Happy Holidays,

Rambo

* This was edited to reflect a few changes, and change the title to UN official, as was my original intent

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    TBSP = tablespoon, TSP = teaspoon

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I have read this diet many times over and i am finally ready to do it once i get my body fat calculated accurately but i need some help with the diet as to the aspect of fitting it to myself.

How do i change the amount of fats, carbs, proteins, etc. Proteins i know is 1 -2 per pound of lean body mass, carbs in the PWO is twice as much as the proteins. What about the rest???

Please help as i am very interested in doing this diet comes new year.

In case it helps my stats are as follows:

235 lbs
    5'11"
    20% - 30% body fat (waiting to find a place where i can measure it accurately)

How do i fit this diet for myself, and how do i change it as i go along and lose the fat??? Thanks a million again...

RobbieC is offline New Member
    Very nice post, thank you. I am trying to cut a little bit of my belly fat and bulk a little bit as well. Yea, I think the greatest problem for me is the discipline and planning your meals in advanced. It's so much easier just tagging along with your friends to Burger King when they are all going anyway, then to be the loser who is on a diet. But with gyming I have no problems. It's really just the food intake I need to work on.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    brilliant

missionone is offline New Member
    how far before a contest should you start to cut?

missionone is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut View Post
    Thanks for the PM.... it has been sent to the mods along with your comments posted in this thread.

<<LMO>>
    Though this kid is immature I find it amusing that he is being such a d*** on here. Hope he has fun buying shit from the scammers!!!

Corpsman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut View Post
    For the millionth time DO A SEARCH!!! YOU WILL NOT BE BURNING MUSCLE IF YOU STAY IN YOUR TARGET HEART RATE...

220-age * .7 = target heart rate. Don't cross it and you'll be good to go, no muscle loss.

Mike
    Holy Shit! And here I thought that killing myself for 30 minutes each day to obtain a heart rate of 150 - 160 was good for me? Are you saying that I would lose more of my belly with 30 minutes of keeping my heart rate around 130? Does this account for a person who has a normal resting heart rate of 90? Seems to me like there are too many variables.

Corpsman is offline Associate Member
    Lol... I quoted a 6 year old post.

polarb68111 is offline Junior Member
    Damn, good read. Read through all of it, but I was looking for a conversion of sorts so that I can fit it to myself. I saw a couple ask for some conversions but no one replied, for a conversion process. Still very good read and I will be starting a thread looking for advice as far as what to do and how much to eat a little later. Once again good read though.

gethuge21 is offline New Member
    thank you for posting

JasonCFT is offline New Member
    great info

Techjunkie91 is offline New Member
    Hi all

Just after some pointers on what i may or may not be doing right.

Over the last few months i have been slowly loseing centermeters and puting on muscle, i feel like i could be doing better so this is what my diet is atm.

7:00 am
    40g protein shake

8:30 am
    Bowl of weetbixs

10:30 am
    40g protein shake

12:30 pm
    Lunch, witch is normaily
    sushi or some pasta, some times somes steak

2:00 pm
    40g protein shake

4:00 pm
    Creatine drink

5:00pm
    work out =
    20 mins treadmill
    20 mins bike
    then weights

7:00pm
    steak and veggies

8:00 pm
    40g protein shake

any help would be greatly appreciated.

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    Re-read the first post in the thread. No offense but your diet is awful. Nothing but protein shakes. You have three meals of actual food and one is just cereal.

Techjunkie91 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNoles99 View Post
    Re-read the first post in the thread. No offense but your diet is awful. Nothing but protein shakes. You have three meals of actual food and one is just cereal.
    No offense taken, thats why i asked.

I did re read the first post as he states, the guid diet is for 200 lb man with 15 % body fat.

im a 212 man and have atm 23 % body fat.

i'm not sure what i should be doing/

Twin is offline Associate Member
    lots of good info. thx for posting this.

Muffintop1 is offline New Member
    wow... hardcore dude. great tips!

Joshua_NN4 is offline New Member
    Good read, Cheers.

sleepy33 is offline Junior Member
    thanks, learned a lot

WEF2F is offline New Member
    So I love the post very helpful. One quick question if I am at 13 percent BF according to Bod Pod and am starting a cycle of TEST 400 a week will this all gel? Can you cut weight and still put the lean muscle on during a cycle?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by WEF2F View Post
    So I love the post very helpful. One quick question if I am at 13 percent BF according to Bod Pod and am starting a cycle of TEST 400 a week will this all gel? Can you cut weight and still put the lean muscle on during a cycle?
    IMO - if you're going to cycle, prioritize what you want to do. Either focus on adding weight (muscle), or reducing bodyfat. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to make it perfect and do both together.

Yup thats my crazyness. If I focus on muscle mass and eat clean will that keep the fat in check. I am a bit nervous as I used to be belly boy and i put that shit on fast.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^^ then my suggestion would be, unequivocally, cut.

while on cycle? will the test help or hender? This is my first time.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information