HalOd03 is offline Associate Member

High Protein Diet?

alrite, i neva really dieted b4..but since now that i started goin back to the gym, i wanna make this go perfect..i started taken creatine glutamine and nitro-tech(Whey)..and i have stopped drinking and eating fast food and shit like that...i stopped eating food with alot of carbs...but i cant find anything other than tuna that has high protein in it, i eat like 4 tuna sandwiches a day, the bread from the sandwiches are prob. the only carbs i get all day....

any help?

dave.

Farmer is offline Member
    chicken breast, turkey, lean steak, cottage cheese, yogurts, eggs and alot man, lemme find a link for ya...www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bodytrans.htm hope that helps you, it lists protein, carbs, fat and everything else, not the amounts though. It lists just the foods, search the internet for a nutritional chart or something.

peace

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Wow, there is a lot of stuff you can eat. Any meat or fish is great. Eggs ok too. Are you worried about fat content?

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

protein

1.6-2g per body pound per day. But watch the intake. Excess protein intake WILL lead to fat stores. Tobey is the man to give a holler to on this one. Low carb intake is good if your cutting but not if your bulking. Carbs=fuel. Muscles need fuel. High carbs in the day and taper down at night.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Read through Tobeys recipe section,and if you don,t find anything in there worth trying I,ll eat my next cycle amps,n,all!

im not really worried about fat intake or anything, rite now im about 165lbs....i wanna bulk the fuck up!! im already cut.....so i thought a high protein diet would be a good idea...

Dave..

defdaz is offline Associate Member

Listen to these guys

Dude,

tuna is okay for bb'ers but not as your main source of protein - it's amino acid spectrum isn't too hot (only stands to reason - fish ain't like mammals...).

You'd be better off with the foods farmer specified up above. Try to eat 3 - 4 meals a day with 3 protein drinks inbetween them. Don't try and eat normal sized meals as you'll quickly find you get too bloated to eat... small and often is a good way to eat bro.

If you are lean then don't be afraid to eat a bit of junk food if the mood takes you, just make sure you've had some good nutrition before this - eating quality food makes you less tempted in the first place, plus you need the protein etc. from it besides the calories from the junk food.

def

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Since you are not worried about fat, I can help you. What you describe it the Atkins diet. There is so much stuff you can have:

Cheese omlette with bacon for breakfast (very high protien very low carb)

tunafish salad, salmon salad, chiken salad for lunch, add mayo salt and pepper to any of the above. It has no carbs).

Dinner, any steak, chicken, fish, pork, hamburgers.

Everything in the diet is protien and fat. You try to stay away from carbs so : no bread pasta potatoes or many veggies and all fruits. It got me down to 12-13% bf% and i never had to worry about how much to eat.

For me I am trying to go lower now in bf%, so I am modifying my intake of the fat, but for yor purposes, I thinkk this will work. I did the diet I describe above for 2.5 years, so I have a lotta recipes if you want to get extravogent. PM me if you want any.

beenie, im not really looking to get lean, or cut my bodyfat down...i wanna bulk up, and ive been eating alot of tuna sandwiches....but my schedule is all fucked up cuz i work nights....so i wanna find a good eating/supplement intake schedule....and i cant find one that works.........

Dave..

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

IC's in the HOUSE!!!

HalOd03,
    So you wanana bulk huh? Hot Damn, let's get you cooking. I have several reciepes in the recicpe section that are very easy to fix. Most if not all have the nutritional value posted as well. Seems to me that you really need to look into the pasta section.
    Make things easy, cook in bulk to last you for several days at a time, and get in the gym aand lift like your life depended on it.
    IC

Oh yeah and Billy,
    Ya ain't got to eat that cycle amps and all bro, just send the vials to your ol buddy IC. I'll find somthing to cook them up with!LOL

bufchic is offline Associate Member
    Bulking is the easiest most basic thing to do! There is a spectrum of proteins to eat, most listed already. Eggs having the most perfect protein AA make up. Fish been a must at least 3 days a week.

LOW CARB DIETS ARE STUPID and Dr Atkins got his PhD out of a cracker jack box.

If you are trying to put on weight why in hell would you want to lower your carbs??? Learn what types of carbs to eat. Be smart.
    Some of the best-
    Oatmeal
    Whole wheat breads
    Brown rice
    Yams/sweet potatoes
    Pasta
    Fruits/Veggies

These are going to make you fuller and thicker NOT FATTER!!! These are just as important as the protein and fat! Without them how is the body going to produce and utilize protein???
    People need to start doing some research and heavy duty reading.

bufchic is offline Associate Member
    And no powders and shakes are going to help you put on weight. Eat solid food.

Thread Information