Dastig is offline New Member

So, how to get started?

So, I have been researching to no end and I finally feel like I have at least some wits about me now and know what I want to do. A basic test-E cycle 250-300 a week. Im 42 and just looking to get better in the weight room and feel better.
    I can find the pct stuff in research chems but the big issue is the test. How do you know who has good quality stuff and who doesn't? I dont want to pinning castrol motor oil. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Your best bet is to get a source check from a senior member when your post count is high enough.

When it comes to AIs and PCT meds you should avoid RC sights.

I've seen a large number of people come here with issues stemming from bunk or under dosed RC products.

Order pharma or generic pharma when your heath is involved.

Numbere, thank you for the heads up on the RC stuff. I was just thinking that at least I could get those items covered. But if a good portion of that is bunk also I will have to find a solid source for those also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastig View Post
    Numbere, thank you for the heads up on the RC stuff. I was just thinking that at least I could get those items covered. But if a good portion of that is bunk also I will have to find a solid source for those also.
    I don't know if I'd say a good portion are bad, it's just not worth the chance.

Keeping e2 within range is one of the most important and potentially dangerous things that can happen on cycle.

It only costs about $50 more for a pharma grade AI.

You're going to spend a lot of money on gear, ancillaries, blood work and food.

It would be a shame to lose the gains you made on cycle due to bunk or under dosed PCT meds.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    At your age I wouldn't even mess with a pct. I woukd just drop down to a trt dose after your cycle. I would also start around 500mg per week for 12 weeks then the trt dose.

as far as finding legit test, its always a gamble. You can get good test on your first order than bunk or nothing on your next order. Theres lots of good sources out there, you just need to look. I generally go with pharm grade AI and nolva for gyno problems.

I also have some AI from a couple sources I trust, but there still no equal to pharm grade.

Jstone,
    Are you saying just stay on a trt dose permanently or for a given amount of time after the cycle?

Jstone,
    Are you saying just stay on a trt dose permanently or for a given amount of time after the cycle?
    The first step before taking any hormones to to have a full hormone panel that includes lh and fsh.

TRT is a last resort you shouldn't take unless it's necessary.

I wasnt planning on trt at this time. As I said I just want to boost my weight room efforts and more energy. But my initial plan was to go on a smallish basic cycle to see how I responded to it. And twke what I learn from that about my body and move forward.

At 42 your levels are already declining, and any type of cycle will more than likely lower it even more. I should have been more clear numbere is right get the bloodwork done to verify your levels first. Sometimes I dont realize its not a standard practice for some. At 42 you may still be good, but my guess would be your boarder line, and if thats the case after a cycle you may not recover fully.

Jstone,

Thank you sir. I absolutely understand that.

Is that a "normal" thing to see with older guys going on aas? To see the system not fully recover that is?

Its pretty normal for lots of men to not fully recover. If your pre levels were in the low 600s, after you might recover fully, but more than likely you will end up slightly lower.

Everyone is different. My dad is 60 and last year he had total test levels around 600. I have been on trt since my late twenties. Long term pain killer use after a back surgery destroyed my test levels. My doctor tried quite a few treatments to restore normal function, but nothing was successful. In my late 20s my total test levels ranged from the high 80s to around 120. Hcg , and clomid brought it up while on but it just went back after I came off.

you could have great test levels, and recover from your cycle fully. I would start at 500mg per week. Starting at 250-300 is going to shut you down so why not go with q standard beginning dose.

Its up to you whichever way you go, just keep safe.

Jstone,

Absolutely makes sense. Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Jstone,

Absolutely makes sense. Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
    Well first things first you can start by getting at least 25 posts because then you can PM. Your best resource are the trusted members on this board.. stick around and once you get to 100 posts (which Im working on myself) then you at least meet the minimum post count for a source check.. now whether they choose to deal with you is another issue but at least you reach the minimum.

Get to know people and exchange info

MMA,

Thank ya much. Gotcha.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    At your age I wouldn't even mess with a pct. I woukd just drop down to a trt dose after your cycle. I would also start around 500mg per week for 12 weeks then the trt dose.
    Could I ask a quick follow-up to this? Are you saying after week 12, just drop from 500/wk to "whatever" trt dose in week 13, and on from there? For example, doing 250 twice a week through week 12, then dropping to (for example) say 100 twice a week starting in week 13? And then go until the next cycle?

Just curious, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Could I ask a quick follow-up to this? Are you saying after week 12, just drop from 500/wk to "whatever" trt dose in week 13, and on from there? For example, doing 250 twice a week through week 12, then dropping to (for example) say 100 twice a week starting in week 13? And then go until the next cycle?

Just curious, thanks!
    If he has low t and no other option, yes. I should have posted much more with that post. Theres lots more that go into, but all that info has been posted before. A lot of men in there 40s have declining test levels, and there's not very many doctors willing to treat the patient rather than the numbers. With some research most men can take hrt into there own hands safely.

Thread Information