Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: Jock Itch anti fungal tabs?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Jock Itch anti fungal tabs?

Ive had jock itch for years that i cant permanently get rid of. Ive tried everything over the counter or home remedy. I cant figure out why it wont go away permanently. I keep it in check with over the counter antifungal cream but if i miss a day its back. There are two meds fluconazole and itraconazole that are anti fungal orals. Pm me if you know where i can get this. I havent been to a doctor partly for embarassment partly they will charge me a $100 to look at my balls and write me a script.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Ive had jock itch for years that i cant permanently get rid of. Ive tried everything over the counter or home remedy. I cant figure out why it wont go away permanently. I keep it in check with over the counter antifungal cream but if i miss a day its back. There are two meds fluconazole and itraconazole that are anti fungal orals. Pm me if you know where i can get this. I havent been to a doctor partly for embarassment partly they will charge me a $100 to look at my balls and write me a script.
    OTC may not be strong enough or a different antifungal may work better. Fluconazole is good option but liver needs to be in good shape before taking and dosage should be as recommended for yeast infection, etc., not for weeks long. No reason whatsoever to be embarrassed by a doc seeing jock itch.

Secondarily, you need to make sure the environment isn’t conducive to fungal growth - if you’re wearing nylon tighties, get rid of them. Cotton or polypro boxers best. Need to dry really well after shower, keep area dry (can try some good antifungal powder). Never wear gym shorts or other shorts more than once without washing them and I would wash everthing related to that area, including towels, in hot water if not sanitize mode.

Final parting shot. As far as paying a doc $100 to write an rx, no f’ing idea why people get such a hard on about paying someone who went to school for 8 years and sacrificed like a mofo with sleepless nights, working in county hospitals, doing nasty procedures, etc. a fee for their expertise. Most docs come out of med school in debit $250K plus and people think they should give that sh!t away for free. Or they drop $95 to a nurse practitioner who didn’t even take a f*cking anatomy class let alone do 4 years of med school and residency.
    That’s my little rant.

Nothing wrong with trying alternatives and doing the research but there is a time and place for western medicine. Like when your balls fall off from fungus and you need them reattached.

P.s. you might find fluconazole on some of the european sites - a lot of them offer medications not available in US without an rx. Just do your research for dosing if you decide to go that route -it’s not a completely benign medication.
    Last edited by TRA; 12-27-2018 at 01:07 PM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I've been using Clotrimazole for a while now
    Its easily available from amazon or some drug store if you have tried this already than talking to a doc is probably your best choice
    Clotrimazole works for me but if I stop using it for a while it comes back

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Are you using a probiotic?
    Is your diet high in sugar?
    Do you change undergarments regularly? (i.e. more than twice per day)
    Are you using any topicals?
    Do you manscape?
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    havent seen that name around in a while. A legend among us fellas.

Mr. Nark

good to see you around old friend
    Narkissos likes this.

Thread Information