Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: When you SHOULDN'T use AAS imho....

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation When you SHOULDN'T use AAS imho....

First - if your new to this and you dont get through this whole list, put down the vial, the needle and walk away. You lack the initiative to even get started

1) Your under 25 (ish). Your natty test is still likely high, and you probably still have room to grow. You may not have spent the time reaching your natural limit, which is the best time to consider a boost. Choice is yours tho! This varies from person to person, but is a pretty good general rule. If you're a teen, dont even think about it. Why would you? Your likely jacked on natty test right now! Use it!

2) You dont know what your doing with the actual steroids , hgh, slin, pct stuff etc. You have no real knowledge of each compound, proper dosing, side effects etc. This can lead to more problems than good. An intimate knowledge of anything you put in your body should be common sense! That goes for PCT too. And these should only be used once you have the 3 major foundations down (see 4,5,6)

3) You havent trained for at least a couple years. Just ask the guys who start training, jump onto a cycle, get huge and tear a tendon in half. Steroids grow muscle. Not tendons or connective tissue. One of the most common reasons for injury is huge strong muscles overpower tendons - try this if you want to feel some hefty pain. I made this mistake. You dont want to tear a tendon or muscle cause you didnt take the time to develope your connective tissue or your nervous system. Yes, these other 2 guys are VERY important to muscle growth and avoiding injury.

4) You dont know how to eat. This is the first of the 3 major foundations. Lifting without fuel is very foolish, you cant build a house without bricks (protein) or mortar (carbs, fat). The right foods, in the right proportions, at the right time. Understanding macro nutrients, calories, your BMR, how to gain, how to lose, micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) and supplements is pretty much at the top of the list in importance. Without this, quit now. Your wasting your time.

5) You dont know how to lift, the second foundation. Proper training is essential for the fastest growth. Knowing your lifting is a necessity, and helps you get the fastest gains in the shortest time and stay injury free. How much would it suck if you were halfway through a cycle, ripping your shirts, and you blow your back with an improper squat? It sucks lots.

6) You dont know how to rest, the third foundation. The most common failure for us guys tryin to get huge is overtraining. Yes you can overtrain on AAS. I know i know... we want it NOW not later! A little knowledge in basic human biology is a must here - you grow OUTSIDE the gym, damage muscle INSIDE the gym. Proper rest periods and sleep patterns will aid your growth so much, as opposed to overtraining and stunting yourself... a very easy line to cross.

7) You lack discipline. In order to learn all this, you need to get it done and stick with it. That goes for all of it - diet, training, rest, cycling and everything in between. Why put your body through all this without getting the most out of it. Messing with your endocrine system can be some serious stuff, and there are consequenses. If you dont have the time to dig in and learn, you could waste your time and end up more out of shape then you started, or worse, you could get hurt.

8) You lack the mental stability to handle the sides. Physical and mental side effects vary from person to person, and usually increase as doses increase. Physical sides can range from water retention to more serious conditions like gyno or high blood pressure. Mental sides can be something like increased libido (not so bad) to increased temper. If you cant overcome sides either mentally or physically, you may not be fit to use.

9) When you get all the above information right, know it front and back and can put it into practice, you just might be ready.... BUT.... make sure you get good quality AAS, dont mess with garbage. This can be a challenge, especially lately, but put the time in! You dont want something fake for a ton of $$$, or worse, an abcess! Be very aware of your sources, make sure they are tried and true. Beware of online "pharms" and all that BS. Even some reputable onliners are selective scammers. Be very cautious, take your time, and get good gear and pct stuff!

10) You didnt take the time to read this list 2x

Are you ready to cycle?

~DB~
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 03-27-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I think 25 or younger is a little high 21 sounds about right

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    man,i'm scared to cycle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    I think 25 or younger is a little high 21 sounds about right
    Yeah i know... better safe then sorry... but i do think 21 is low....

Quote Originally Posted by *Alex* View Post
    man,i'm scared to cycle again.
    lmao... mostly for new guys... or lazy old ones.... lol kidding

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Yeah i know... better safe then sorry... but i do think 21 is low....
    I was 18 when I did my first cycle am I in trouble

I was 18 when I did my first cycle am I in trouble
    smartass

your gonna die! lol

Blog Entries
    I seriously was 18

Blog Entries
    great thread though need to be bumped and sticked for the newbies

I seriously was 18
    I believe you... lots of teens cycle.. its a personal choice... i just dont want to be the guy to recommend it!

Blog Entries
    I did it not for muscle growth but to get a beard.... I was a late bloomer

I seriously was 18
    we all make mistakes but some are just dumb. j/k

lmao you guys kill me

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    First - if your new to this and you dont get through this whole list, put down the vial, the needle and walk away. You lack the initiative to even get started

1) Your under 25 (ish). Your natty test is still likley high, and you likely still have room to grow. You may not have spent the time reaching your natural limit, which is the best time to consider a boost. Choice is yours tho! This varies from person to person, but is a pretty good general rule. If you're a teen, dont even think about it. Why would you? Your likely jacked on natty test right now! Use it!

2) You dont know what your doing with the actual steroids , hgh, slin, pct stuff etc. You have no real knowledge of each compound, proper dosing, side effects etc. This can lead to more problems than good. An intimate knowledge of anything you put in your body should be common sense! That goes for PCT too.

3) You havent trained for at least a couple years. Just ask the guys who start training, jump onto a cycle, get huge and tear a tendon in half. Steroids grow muscle. Not tendons or connective tissue. One of the most common reasons for injury is huge strong muscles overpower tendons - try this if you want to feel some hefty pain. I made this mistake. You dont want to tear a tendon or muscle cause you didnt take the time to develope your connective tissue or your nervous system. Yes, these other 2 guys are VERY important to muscle growth and avoiding injury.

4) You dont know how to eat. Lifting without fuel is very foolish, you cant build a house without bricks (protein) or mortar (carbs, fat). The right foods, in the right proportions, at the right time. Understanding macro nutrients, calories, your BMR, how to gain, how to lose, micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) and supplements is pretty much at the top of the list in importance. Without this, quit now. Your wasting your time.

5) You dont know how to lift. Proper training is essential for the fastest growth. Knowing your lifting is a necessity, and helps you get the fastest gains in the shortest time and stay injury free. How much would it suck if you were halfway through a cycle, ripping your shirts, and you blow your back with an improper squat? It sucks lots.

6) You dont know how to rest. The most common failure for us guys tryin to get huge is overtraining. Yes you can overtrain on AAS. I know i know... we want it NOW not later! A little knowledge in basic human biology is a must here - you grow OUTSIDE the gym, damage muscle INSIDE the gym. Proper rest periods and sleep patterns will aid your growth so much, as opposed to overtraining and stunting yourself... a very easy line to cross.

7) You lack discipline. In order to learn all this, you need to get it done and stick with it. That goes for all of it - diet, training, rest, cycling and everything in between. Why put your body through all this without getting the most out of it. Messing with your endocrine system can be some serious stuff, and there are consequenses. If you dont have the time to dig in and learn, you could waste your time and end up more out of shape then you started, or worse, you could get hurt.

8) When you get all the above information right, know it front and back and can put it into practice, you just might be ready.... BUT.... make sure you get good quality AAS, dont mess with garbage. This can be a challenge, especially lately, but put the time in! You dont want something fake for a ton of $$$, or worse, an abcess!

9) You didnt take the time to read this list 2x

Are you ready to cycle?

~DB~
    i agree with this and i preach it to newbies myself but i bet most of us that has been in this game for a while was like me and started at an earlier age then 25 and didnt even know what the he11 pct was. i had no clue about pct on my first 2 cycles. actually i didnt really know anything because there wasnt a million boards like this back then.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    i agree with this and i preach it to newbies myself but i bet most of us that has been in this game for a while was like me and started at an earlier age then 25 and didnt even know what the he11 pct was. i had no clue about pct on my first 2 cycles. actually i didnt really know anything because there wasnt a million boards like this back then.

Thats kinda why i wrote it.... its an accumulation of wisdom over the last five years... thought id share what i DIDNT know when i started! Almost ended up with gyno lol!

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    its a good post bro and i wish everyone would read it before asking about there "deca and tren " cycles.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    4) You dont know how to eat. Lifting without fuel is very foolish, you cant build a house without bricks (protein) or mortar (carbs, fat). The right foods, in the right proportions, at the right time. Understanding macro nutrients, calories, your BMR, how to gain, how to lose, micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) and supplements is pretty much at the top of the list in importance. Without this, quit now. Your wasting your time.

Yes you can, its called Wood.

LoL, joking aside, I like this thread. Should be stickied in the Newbie section!
    NYbeastMode likes this.

^^^^^^^^ ditto

Ostrich is offline Junior Member
    Good post!

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah good post..all newb's should be forced to read this and several other threads before doing anything
    Whiteboyy0 likes this.

pump.joe is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up

Great post!

im83931 is offline Senior Member

Understanding macro nutrients, calories, your BMR, how to gain, how to lose, micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) and supplements is pretty much at the top of the list in importance.

~DB~
    How about:
    If you have to look up BMR because you dont know what it stands for. You shouldnt cycle.

^^^ lol Basal Metabolic Rate for you beginners... heres a calculator, it tells you what your maintenance calories are for a day. Add 500 or so to gain, minus a few hundred to shrink.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 02-26-2008 at 07:33 PM.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Awe man... you werent supposed to tell them. lol

Number 6 is worst for me...Overtraining is definitely easy to do...

Nice post. Wish I would have read it a few years ago...

yea... me too

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    I think another thing people dont consider is that if you want to make decent gains and retain them for many years you are going to need to run AAS on a regular basis. Many guys are under the impression that they can do a couple of cycles and then retain that muscle for many years as long as they keep on training as usual. not the case. So I would say that you have to be willing to commit to this as part of your lifestyle if you intend on retaining that condition for many years.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

seattleironpumper is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I am not a no - it -all but i am 40 and thow i have only done a couple of cycles through my life I think the two year weight lifting before a cycle is a bit much, I know pleanty of guys that started a cycle after a month or two of hard lifting and got awesome gains.

100m champ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf View Post
    I think another thing people dont consider is that if you want to make decent gains and retain them for many years you are going to need to run AAS on a regular basis. Many guys are under the impression that they can do a couple of cycles and then retain that muscle for many years as long as they keep on training as usual. not the case. So I would say that you have to be willing to commit to this as part of your lifestyle if you intend on retaining that condition for many years.
    Thats not true. U can keep gaining if u keep your Workouts are Intence and keep on dieting properly. And another thing your gentics are important some people are ment to big

Quote Originally Posted by seattleironpumper View Post
    I am not a no - it -all but i am 40 and thow i have only done a couple of cycles through my life I think the two year weight lifting before a cycle is a bit much, I know pleanty of guys that started a cycle after a month or two and got awesome gains.
    you can easily make gains early on in your training even with a mediocore diet..they wouldve probably gotten those same gains even without steroids ..you need to develop a foundation before using AAS or youre gonna put yourself at risk of getting hurt..one to 2 months is WAY too short of a time to being AAS use

Blog Entries

That makes Sense

Agree, I do believe that the longer u have been working out on a consistant basis the better the gear will be for u, and I also agree with your statment on danger there (long)

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    you can easily make gains early on in your training even with a mediocore diet..they wouldve probably gotten those same gains even without steroids..you need to develop a foundation before using AAS or youre gonna put yourself at risk of getting hurt..one to 2 months is WAY too short of a time to being AAS use

Blog Entries
    Longhorn, I am origanally from tejas love them longhorns hate them sooners

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ View Post
    Thats not true. U can keep gaining if u keep your Workouts are Intence and keep on dieting properly. And another thing your gentics are important some people are ment to big
    this might be true for those that jumped on the band wagon early on, but if youve been training for 20 yrs and hit a plateua and break through using AAS youre not going to be able to maintain that unless you go back on again sometime before those gains are all lost. Gains can be maintained on a much lower dose than it took to get there in the first place, but something has to be administered. Just take a look at all of the older professional bodybuilders out there that have retired. They all lift just as hard as they used to, its part of their blood, but they are nowhere near the size they used to be. Take a look at Dorian Yates now. Looks awesome, but nowhere what he used to be.

yeah ive yet to find anything good come from Oklahoma!! haha

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post

Your natural gains will likely hit a plateau, dictated by your genetics. Some ppl say thats about 20lbs above your normal BMI, however, i think higher can be held. If your diet and training are spotless and consistant, you can hold a lot of lean mass after cycle, or put it on naturally over many years. Genetics play a big role. IMO, you can still look great carrying about 20-30lbs over your BMI lean. I use aas to pack it on fast... then try to hold it for the longest i can with diet and training.

Its risky to jump on cycle as soon as you train... can get injured easily. Gotta be careful thats all. Solid foundations can get around that.... however it can be done, just that ppl push too hard and pull something. Noobs especially should not get the impression that doing this should come easy... knowledge and discipline really help ppl put on gains without injury and keep em' for as long as they can.

~DB~

rager is offline Member
    Everyone on earth is guilty of atleast one of those requiremnets. I guess no one is ready than

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Good post!!! I agree this should be a sticky

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf View Post
    this might be true for those that jumped on the band wagon early on, but if youve been training for 20 yrs and hit a plateua and break through using AAS youre not going to be able to maintain that unless you go back on again sometime before those gains are all lost. Gains can be maintained on a much lower dose than it took to get there in the first place, but something has to be administered. Just take a look at all of the older professional bodybuilders out there that have retired. They all lift just as hard as they used to, its part of their blood, but they are nowhere near the size they used to be. Take a look at Dorian Yates now. Looks awesome, but nowhere what he used to be.
    i dunno bro,i dont think a pro BB is the best example. Most reasonable users arent gonna go past 2grams a week of gear. Pros easily double that, plus gh and slin. A pros body is so far away from normal homeastasis that their bodys are just dying to get back down to a normal weight. Building a body on 4 grams a week of gear plus gh and slin, thered just be no way to maintain it. I think for the more "sane" users keeping most of the gains is doable. jmo

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information