Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fit4Florida

Thread: Heart monitor

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Heart monitor

I am presently on cycle of test/mast/deca . 750/609/750 and 4 days anadrol 50mg and 3 days anavar 35 mg.
    I have atrial fibrillation and take eloquis and metaprolol and have a bad case of sleep apnea.
    My heart appears OK and is slightly enlarged however the Dr didn’t have issues with the enlargement. It is not uncommon for older people to have enlarged hearts.
    I am going to be wearing a heart monitor for 30 days so the Dr can see my heart over a large period as opposed to just when I visit. Is there anything special that I should do? My Dr’s do not know of my use of AAS nor will I divulge it.
    The beginning of the cycle, I had edema and had to control that and high BP (up to 170/ 99). Controlling the water and self medication of BP meds controlled this.
    Yes, I am an old fart so things are not like they used to be. I also am self medicated with TRT.
    Also, doing a stresss test at the end of January.
    I am looking for someone who has experienced this and looking for some feedback. I am not planning on stopping the cycle because I have a competition in September that I am prepping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I had to do the 30 day wear a damn heart monitor thing about 10 or 15 years ago. It's kind of a PITA, but nothing horrible. Keep yourself shaved, man, cause those damn electrode pads can take some hair (and skin) with them. I don't remember if they change daily or not, but I DO definitely remember getting sick of losing skin and fur.

A little tough to sleep, unless maybe you have a wireless model. I had cables all over the damn place 24×7 for that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I had to do the 30 day wear a damn heart monitor thing about 10 or 15 years ago. It's kind of a PITA, but nothing horrible. Keep yourself shaved, man, cause those damn electrode pads can take some hair (and skin) with them. I don't remember if they change daily or not, but I DO definitely remember getting sick of losing skin and fur.

A little tough to sleep, unless maybe you have a wireless model. I had cables all over the damn place 24×7 for that month.
    Thanks man. What sort of data is provided?
    I am trying to see the effects of what I am taking on the results.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Thanks man. What sort of data is provided?
    I am trying to see the effects of what I am taking on the results.

If I recall correctly, and it has been quite a few years so I may be mis-remembering, it is almost exclusively heart function. I don't think it tracks blood pressure or at least I don't recall that, but heart activity during the duration of the test. Like a 30 day ekg. I remember a "3 beat sequence of v-tach" that was a little concerning, but after that, it was charts and graphs and what not. I couldn't say what all was in there, but I think the 30 day ekg is probably the best comparison, from what I can remember.

I MAY have done this test twice, or something similar in addition to the continuous monitor. I remember having to press a button when I felt a "cardiac event" occuring but that might have been a different test. The 30 day thing I remember sleeping with the damn thing on, going to work with it on, etc. Like a damn electric squid clinging on to me all. the. time.

I think I still have the printed report around here SOMEWHERE, but finding that would be a) almost impossible and b) probably not really show us a lot. But, if I do happen to stumble on it, I will post up.

Fit4Florida is offline Junior Member
    I just finished up a 2 week Holter monitor.
    Easy, they are small and relatively unnoticeable. Good advice Cy because the hair is an issue. Even shaven my skin got pretty screwed up after ten days or so. They are placed in the same spot and the tape used sticks to you like nothing I ever seen.

I also had a run in with Afib which is why I was on Eliquis and needed the Monitor. So far after Monitor, ekgs, Echocardiogram, and many Dr visits: looks like I had an infection that led to ultra high Fever which kicked off Afib. Limited Caffiene and no issues since.

They track basic heart function, EKG type findings. You tap them with your fingers to record if you have an event or notice sensations that are unusual. Otherwise not that revealing.
    I decided to re-start my cycle on the same day I started the monitor so that I could see if the Testosterone effected my heart in the short run. No unusual findings or questions from my Dr.

Kinda feel like I’m rambling but hope it helps somehow. Attaching my test results for yah.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Fit4Florida is offline Junior Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFBB86D6-8D6B-479E-A2A3-2C34E298BD9B.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	659.2 KB 
ID:	181520

Thank you gentlemen! I will be shaving today. LOL
    It is actually a good thing that you mentioned it because I usually shave weekly, but during the winter, I get lazy.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Don’t take this the wrong way - but, you’re insane

Lmao

Makin me feel all normal & shit

Thread Information