Hello Menopause warriors

Hello ladies, my wife and I just returned from an appointment with an endo. A Little back story, my wife is 55 years old. She started menopause in her early forties. She's been dealing with extreme hot flashes, brain fog, painful sex, belly weight gain, low libido and facial hair. About a month ago she underwent a vaginally hysterectomy because her uterus had prolapsed. She requested that her ovaries remain due to preop ultrasound said they were fine. This male endo questioned why the ovaries were left intact? Her female gp recommend keeping them? This endo refused estrogen replacement quoting studies from the 1990s saying it would cause stroke and heart disease. It's this the same bs they spew to males trying to get on trt? He said that because she's been in menopause for over ten years that he would not prescribe the estrogen. He did prescribe vaginally applied estrogen, also paxil for the hot flashes. These do not address most of her symptoms. I should also add that I see this endo for trt and his protocols are prehistoric. I am not impressed with him and basically self Dr because he's behind the times. Has anyone else dealt with Dr's like this. Is he right to state old studies at my wife's quality of life's expense? Thank you for your imput.