ithilsul is offline New Member

Me vs the Doc: HGH Round 1

So my situation: I'm 18, very small, i mean -very- small. 100 lbs, 5' 4''. I've hated it all my life etc, started weightlifting last year, and then I heard about HGH and I've been trying to get on that for a while. Lifting has gotten me very ripped, but I have alot of trouble gaining any size. I'm just too small, like a 15 year old.

So finally I saw a doc about it, some foreign guy with a funny accent (I live in a small town... very shitty doctors). So they did a blood test on me and xrayed my hand to see if my bones had fused, I'm pretty sure they haven't, I've always been "younger than my age".

Well I... not exactly got the results. The doctor said I'm "normal"... or at least the secretary did. Didn't tell me my testosterone levels or whether or not my bones actually still had the ability to grow (wtf? I'm gonna try and find out tomorrow). I guess that means he wont gimme the stuff.

Well I was reccommended to an endocrynologist... this happened to anyone? The only outcome I can see is not getting my much needed HGH, and lots of valuable time wasted. Would it help to see another doctor maybe...? Or go to a dif source? I'd really prefere a doctor, but I wont let some ignorant foreign guy stop me.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    My understanding is at your age if growth plates have closed/fused/whatever it is called Gh will not do you any good. You might want to talk to another doctor but this one may have already given you the answer you just don't want. If he says your growth plates and closed and says GH won't help well you can live with that and go on or find a new Doctor.. gosh I think I said that twice..

Anyway 18 years old 5'4" and 100lbs you probably just need to get on a good diet.. Getting taller may never happen but you can add weight unless you have a medical issue that is keeping you from this.

More info maybe will help.

~Old

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    at 18 u still will get taller man dont worry...start drinking 2-3 beers a night along with some nice mexican food u will get bigger man dont worry yeah push the docs till they give you what u want.

ithilsul is offline New Member
    Edit: Ha, slapped a pic of myself up.

well the weird thing about me is i'm proportionately small... like i said, i look like a little kid. I drank protein shakes 2 to 3 times a day, gained a good bit of mass, but my skeletal system is still too small (best way to tell that is by my tiny wrists). This doc didn't tell me my plates were closed (i didn't hear any specifics...), he just, as he told me when I first talked to him, doesn't like to give people stuff if they don't absolutely need it. It always annoys me to hear about basketball players getting HGH when it's people with small bones like me that need it more ;/

I'm almost positive I do not have an adult bone structure.

Also, I think I have one hell of a metabolism. The only weight i can gain is from muscle mass, which i've been having trouble gaining, but thats not a major concern, bones is my issue. I can deal with my height (insoles, aha), but i just want my hands to not be smaller than my girlfriends for once :P

I know i'll at least grow a little bigger, I just want to make sure I "maximize my potential".
    Last edited by ithilsul; 04-26-2006 at 10:49 PM.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Some people are just small but as far as getting your bones bigger I can't really offer any advice there I don;t know if or how that is possible. You are young so your metabolism probably is high but if you go to the diet forum I bet you will find some great info there.

Good luck bro.

~Old

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    well first of all how tall are you parents? if your mom is lets say 5' and your dad is 5'5'' you may not grow any more, but if you parents are like 5'9'' and you plates have not closed you can get some hgh to help you.. i waould go see an endo soon...

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    So much is genetics. There is nothing you can do to change/increase your bone structure...what you have is what you have, gh will do nothing to increase your structure. A couple friend have a son. The son is very small at 16 years old, height, weight, and bone structure. My friend and his wife are both small stature people. They found an MD that would prescribe gh for them and after 1 year there was no growth other than what would be normally indicated. The kid will be samller his whole life, physically. But he has a HUGE HEART and is damn near fearless. He plays baseball, and races motocross and is a driven competitor. My advice is to focus on enhancing what you have and getting comfortable with it. Trust me, in the adult world physical size counts for nothing....drive, determination, perseverance, knowldge, the will to win....heart....counts for everything. Good Luck.

mds
    mds is offline Associate Member
    I'm like 5'6, sucks being short. I've gotten my weight up to as much as 185 before. Just keep eating and training.It takes time, just stick with it. You'll be very happy with the results one day!! Stick around on this board and you can learn alot.

ThrottleKing is offline Junior Member
    TB hit the nail on the head. Be happy you've got arms and legs that work and eyes to see. Train hard and you'll be better tomorrow than you are today.

At 43 I hate getting up at 6 am to train, only to see very little progress right now. But I look at it as a step in the right direction. It took me years of low test and tiredness to get here, it might take years to get back to my previous training weight. Hell I may never get there, but I'll never find out if I don't train.

It's old fashioned advice that never gets old, "be thankful for what you got."

Pinum is offline Associate Member
    There are endo's that specialize in this. I would do some research in your area and consult someone who works with height and size issues. Endo's have different specialties some for juvenials some for fertility ect. just search out the right doctor for your needs. Ask allot of questions and speak to allot of people, doctors have many different views on things.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a friend in high school that was very short (maybe 5'2)... he got HGH when he was 16. By the end of HS he was taller then me @ 5'9. It worked for him. Endocrinologist is who you need to see about that

Thread Information