fbcoach is offline Junior Member

Smile New member..long-time lurker..lots of questions about HRT

To begin with..I am 47yrs. old..5'8 185lbs.. 15%BF I was a competitive BB and athlete in the 1980's while using steroids in small dosages under a Dr.'s care....if you can believe that In 1992 I had to have a cervical lamenectomy due to heavy squatting, football, and stenosis. I have been dealing with pain in my neck, back, and shoulders ever since. The primary symptom has been the fatigue (sometimes extreme), loss of strength, and prolonged recovery from workouts. I currently workout on an abbreviated workout on Mondays and Thursdays, and train in Muay Thai on Tuesdays and Fridays. Actually I have dropped the Muay Thai for a few months because of my coaching responsibilities.
    In the past several months, my energy and motivation have dropped dramatically. I have always been a very high energy person and very optimistic..even while suffering from pain, but this past year I have noticed a decline. Finally I had a complete Physical and bloodwork..sorry I don't have it with me, but I remember my test level being about 300. My doc said everything was normal, but I have definitely noticed a difference in mood and energy..and even in pain tolerence. I just started contact with OASIS..but I have a few questions if you don't mind: 1) Could I be suffering from adrenal fatigue? 2) With my test being in the normal/low range, would I be a candidate for HRT? 3) Would the HRT help with fatigue, pain, and moods..or is this because of adrenal fatigue?
    I know lots of you don't want to give advice, but any input would be greatly appreciated....thanks for your time and support.
    fbcoach

comradebillyboy is offline Associate Member
    I am an older guy using low dose test for HRT and anti-aging. Test will definitely improve your mood and outlook. You also may be converting too much of your natural test to estrogen and an estrogen inhibitor may also be helpful.

I don't know about the pain problem, but give oasis or even your local endocrinologist a call. The test is certainly worth trying.

Good luck

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    smart peeps at oasis and i had similar test level as you and went on hrt and it has done wonders...sorry, not up on adrenal fatigue...something new to add to my "to read" list

wish you the best and welcome to ar

Thanks for the response jpkman and comradbillyboy. I am hoping that OASIS will be able to help me. I don't have a lot of faith in Drs. I spent almost a year in pain before I..as in ME..requested an MRI and they found several crushed dics, vertebrae, and a flattened spinal cord. I really don't talk much about my pain and fatigue..friends, family, and colleagues can't understand it, because I still look like I am in shape. I look forward to discussing my journey into HRT with you and the rest. Again..THANKS for the input.

sorry..one more question..or statement When I used steroids in the past..I would bloat from just about any steroid ..especially TEST. For contests I would use 50mgsof equipoise 3x/wk 200mgs deca /wk and 25mgs anavar /day
    With this cycle I would still have to take 200mgs tamoxifen daily (not a typo) for the last 5 weeks. This would ripped me up in no time, but I would not feel good for the last 2 weeks. My question is: Will the small amount of test make me bloat? and..how will I know how much arimidex to take? Again..THANKS

Oasis is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are courious about adrenal fatigue you might want to check this book out "Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrome"

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis
    If you are courious about adrenal fatigue you might want to check this book out "Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrome"
    thanks bro....another book to add to my "to read" list
    wish i had the time to read

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis
    Thanks....I will do that

vermin is offline Member
    Is this related to Sjogren's Syndrome?

And can't say enough good about Oasis - they will help you for sure!

petrolv is offline New Member
    Welcom to the club.... I am new also been on test cyp for 7 weeks. I got so bad I would come home from work on my friday and not get out of bed till I had to go to work again. NO libido or sex drive. Aches pains etc etc/ It came on so slow over a lengthy period of time didnt even see it happen. I am 48 and played college football early 80's offensive line all american AP. Had resection on left shoulder then later ac joint removed, plate and screws left thumb for avulsion fracture plate screws left ankle spiral fracture wouldnt let my knees be cut on had half my right nut cut off surgury for chronic ependitimitis (spelling?)... theres more....but to give you an idea I was not doin so hot and figured Im just gettin older..... seven weeks into hrt I can see how wrong I was.....started into the weights slow and now back in big time ... Got energy libido sex drive sport major wood again....its like I crawled out of the grave.....my doc saved what is left of my life now Im like you tryin to get as educated as I can and take a pro active role in wher I go from here.....This site is a gold mine of info you wont find other places...what I found so far is for every study done on hrt etc you can find another study that will contradict whatever you read..... sorry for the bla bla bla just saw how much we had in common and wanted you to know you are not alone....hope you get the results I did....300 is low add a estrogen imbalance and you feel like crap. Besides 300 is the bottom of the barrel 299puts you below normal levels. Its not the numbers though its how you feel. Would say more but gotto go make money so I can buy more test cyp.....I posted on your estrogen question.....In the end you have to make the best decisions you can based on all the info you process.....good luck bro dont go away keep posting I want to follow how this goes for you.......

Quote Originally Posted by petrolv
    Welcom to the club.... I am new also been on test cyp for 7 weeks. I got so bad I would come home from work on my friday and not get out of bed till I had to go to work again. NO libido or sex drive. Aches pains etc etc/ It came on so slow over a lengthy period of time didnt even see it happen. I am 48 and played college football early 80's offensive line all american AP. Had resection on left shoulder then later ac joint removed, plate and screws left thumb for avulsion fracture plate screws left ankle spiral fracture wouldnt let my knees be cut on had half my right nut cut off surgury for chronic ependitimitis (spelling?)... theres more....but to give you an idea I was not doin so hot and figured Im just gettin older..... seven weeks into hrt I can see how wrong I was.....started into the weights slow and now back in big time ... Got energy libido sex drive sport major wood again....its like I crawled out of the grave.....my doc saved what is left of my life now Im like you tryin to get as educated as I can and take a pro active role in wher I go from here.....This site is a gold mine of info you wont find other places...what I found so far is for every study done on hrt etc you can find another study that will contradict whatever you read..... sorry for the bla bla bla just saw how much we had in common and wanted you to know you are not alone....hope you get the results I did....300 is low add a estrogen imbalance and you feel like crap. Besides 300 is the bottom of the barrel 299puts you below normal levels. Its not the numbers though its how you feel. Would say more but gotto go make money so I can buy more test cyp.....I posted on your estrogen question.....In the end you have to make the best decisions you can based on all the info you process.....good luck bro dont go away keep posting I want to follow how this goes for you.......
    Petroly..thanks for the reply. I do seem to be going down the same road as you. My GP said that since my test level was within the normal range, there was no need to do HRT. I told him I would be going to OASIS. Like you, my energy, drive, and motivation has gone downhill in the past several months. The only thing I can get motivated about is Coaching football..even then it takes everything I have to get me going. Hopefully OASIS will get me back on track. I am very optimistic about this.
    Are you taking anything other than the test? I would appreciate it if you could give me some specifics. Thanks to everone on here for your replies, support, and advice.

Petrolv....I just read your other post. So..the liquidex is helping with the bloat. I will let everybody know how my HRT is going once I start. Again....thanks for all the replies. That in itself helps a great deal.

ojibwajohn is offline New Member
    can you please give me the ***** website?...can't find on search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ojibwajohn
    can you please give me the ***** website?...can't find on search engine.

I'm not sure which website it is that you want.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    fbcoach I feel for ya bro
    I just got my results back and am at 239 at 39years old--my brother is on hrt(low test can run in family) using cyp. My dr is going to put me on Testim which is a gel that is 50mg per dose 1xper day--when I have no blood test coming up I will add 1cc cyp per week myself

I was feeling like you --weak,tired,no drive,pains(I have degenerative disk in low back with 5 compression buldges and joint pain all over)friends dont understand when you hurt but its there.I told my dr that when I did test mysself it made a big difference on pain--and whats worse pain killers and anti inflamatories everyday or some test
    so hes putting me on

gorgorothsatanis is offline Associate Member
    Normal Range?!! Those Uptight A_sholes In White Coats Would Consider You Normal If You Were 1 Ng/dl Over The Low Range. The Normal Range Is 300 - 1000 Ng/dl. 300 Is Just Barely On The Nose For "normal". Consider Finding An Understanding Knowledgeable Endocrinologist Who Will Consider Hrt. Also Have Your Igf-1 Levels Checked (they Are A Direct Correaltion To Gh Levels). Good Luck, Mate.

Thanks Gorgo and Tapout,
    Since I posted this, I was with the old wellness site on here. Unfortunately, I was one of the ones that got started, then left hanging. I was starting to feel great. I decided to go with Dr. Crisler. The only problem with this is the out of pocket expense. I have yet to get started due to lab work and slow responses from their office. Anyway, I will keep all up to date and share any knowledge I pick up on the way.

Stat1951 is offline New Member
    Yes, one just loves Docs like that.

If your reference range was, say, 220 - 1000 then that means that your 300 levels WERE in the normal range... but since the normal range includes the entire male population above puberty, what it REALLY means is that you have the Total levels of an 80 - 90 year old man...

And I bet he didn't test for Free T (the kind that actually is getting used) or Total Estrogens or E2 (estradiol - the carcinogenic estrogen - though we need to keep equal watch on the Total Es) or DHT levels, etc., now did he?

Thread Information